Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 10:54 AM   #31
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland98 View Post
Perfect "Disney" souvenir - bring a blank mat for a photo frame and have the characters sign it during your trip (I got an 8-1/2" x 11" mat and it fit within my purse when we went to character meals). Then, pop in your favorite photo from the trip and hang it / display it in your home. Ta-da! Instant memory reminder!
What a great idea! My only concern would be keeping it from being crushed while walking around all day Any ideas to transport it safely? Bottom of a stroller, maybe?

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
maeslife
Earning My Ears

I usually get ornaments. I also do the photopass as that is the best for me. I might get a frame while there. My two favorite items would have to be the key chain that just says disney on it. It has lasted for two years now, and makes me smile whenever I pull my keys out of my purse. The second is my mickey jacket. I bought that in 2008 and wear it all the time in the fall and winter. It has just now started to look like it is fading somewhat. I am going in five days, and that will be my thing this year if I can find them. My husband asked what will I do with my old one....I will do an every other day thing of course! It brings back warm memories of the trip in 2008 and I'm sure the one I get this time will do the same.

CSR July 2004
WL Nov 2008
WL June 2010
POFQ April 2011
ASM OCT 2012
maeslife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
TenKeyThunder
Earning My Ears

Do Characters sign things other than paper?

I was thinking could bring a disney pillowcase and have all characters sign. That might be fun for a kid... if characters will sign
TenKeyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Blankets!! Specifically the sweatshirt blankets. We have 3 and use them all the time. Really got our money's worth!

Also, DH and I collect pins....we take a few home on each trip.

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #35
rlahansler
DIS Veteran

Smile

Everytime we go we get a nice picture frame 8x 10 for one of our family portraits that we get thru photopass. The frames usually say the year and last one we got said our family name on it as well. That frame came from Epcot at some shop in Germany. It takes them a day to do but its really nice.
I also like get beach towels (can never have enough of these) and a key chain with the year on it.
rlahansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #36
Leannea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll
We do Christmas prnaments.

DH gets a watch.
I get a Pandora charm.

I've gotten away from the t-shirts, mugs, knick knack type geenral souvenirs. I try to find something different.
Oh I didn't know you could buy a Pandora charm! Are they Disney themed?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #37
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm not a souvenir person... I hate clutter and less is more to me. But each trip I get a coffee mug. I always declare ahead of time what I am looking for... A few years ago it was Alice, then Sorcerer Mickey, then a mug showing the icon from all four parks. Found al 3! The hunt is what makes the shopping fun. My kids get a kick out of searching out what Mom wants. This year we will be looking for Jiminy (though this is one I have searched for in the past, to no avail.)

Etsy ID: ALPhandmade
Jiminy'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #38
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

My mom loves getting magnets. Recently, my dad got fed up with magnets that are only good for looking at, so now she buys the magnet clips, since they're more useful.

I like pins. I also like post cards and art work!

My last two visits I've been fascinated with pressed pennies, so that's what I focused on!

January 2015 PTR A Disneymoon on the Deluxe Dining Plan? Yes please!

Me: DH:
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
jazz0007
DIS Veteran

Totally agree with blankets!! I LOVE our Disney offer-with-a-purchase blankets. They are used everyday. We also use our coffee mugs....I will get more this trip and throw all our old meaningless normal ones away this year.

Our biggest purchase was a poster that my hubby LOVED....we paid $25 for it.....and then I secretly had it customed framed at home for $225!!! (As a Christmas present for him) LOL But really it was well worth it and looks beautiful in our home. Everyone comments on it.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #40
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz0007 View Post
Totally agree with blankets!! I LOVE our Disney offer-with-a-purchase blankets. They are used everyday. We also use our coffee mugs....I will get more this trip and throw all our old meaningless normal ones away this year.

Our biggest purchase was a poster that my hubby LOVED....we paid $25 for it.....and then I secretly had it customed framed at home for $225!!! (As a Christmas present for him) LOL But really it was well worth it and looks beautiful in our home. Everyone comments on it.
Does anyone know what the with purchase offers are right now? I have 2 blankets so far. Those are my favorite souvenirs.

Also, just curious, what was on the poster?

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #41
stindall
Congress Tart

I'm actually sort of looking for the opposite for next year. DH isn't going with me and isn't into Disney like I am, but I'll be going shortly before his birthday so I'd like to get him something while I'm down there.

9/7/14-9/14/14 "Oh God there's the Yeti" PTR

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #42
kdwashere
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGOES2DISNEY View Post
Does anyone know what the with purchase offers are right now? I have 2 blankets so far. Those are my favorite souvenirs.

Also, just curious, what was on the poster?

There is blue blanket with mickey (i think with a backdrop of magic kingdom not 100%) and a reversible bag that is red on one side and black and white on the other.
kdwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #43
dfin
Earning My Ears

I've bought the Disney wine stopper and the glass mugs from LTT, we have had both for many years and are a constant reminder of my favorite place
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #44
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

I have an oddball collection. I love Mr. Potato Head and I collect them and they're on a shelf in our TV Room so I have all the Starwars Ones and of course Spud Lightyear but now I look for parts at Once Upon a Toy. I also have the wine accessories and coffee cups and of course, a holiday ornament. I enjoy unwrapping them every year and remembering our vacations.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #45
melissarose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland98 View Post
I agree with some of the PP:

-PhotoPass
-Items you get to use frequently and remember your trip - a coffee mug, antennae ball, (I picked up a winter scarf and love wearing it each winter!)
-Christmas ornament

Perfect "Disney" souvenir - bring a blank mat for a photo frame and have the characters sign it during your trip (I got an 8-1/2" x 11" mat and it fit within my purse when we went to character meals). Then, pop in your favorite photo from the trip and hang it / display it in your home. Ta-da! Instant memory reminder!

Have a magical trip!
where did you get your scarf? i loooove scarves!!!! must get one now!
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: