Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #16
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Vacation at a glance

The dailies at a glance!

Day One (1/19/13):
(Morning) Finishing up some last minute packing and cleaning the house
(Lunch) At Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport
(Afternoon) Delta flight 1:00pm arriving in Orlando at 5:15pm
(Dinner) Downtown Disney - Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express
(Evening) DisneyQuest

Day Two (1/20/13)
(Morning Park) Animal Kingdom
(Lunch) In park
(Evening Park) Epcot
(Dinner ADR) Le Cellier Steakhouse 7:00pm

Day Three (1/21/13)
(Morning Park) Disney's Hollywood Studios
(Lunch) In park
(Evening Park) Disney's Hollywood Studios
(Dinner ADR) 50's Prime Time Cafe 5:45pm

Day Four (1/22/13)
(Morning Park) Epcot
(Lunch) In park
(Evening Park) Epcot
(Dinner ADR) Coral Reef 6:20pm

Day Five (1/23/13)
(Morning Park) Typhoon Lagoon
(Lunch) At resort
(Evening Park) Magic Kingdom
(Dinner ADR) Ohana 6:55pm

Day Six (1/24/13)
(Morning Park) Magic Kingdom
(Lunch) In park
(Evening Park) Magic Kingdom
(Dinner ADR) Be Our Guest 5:35pm

Day Seven (1/25/13)
(Morning Park) Disney's Hollywood Studios
(Lunch) In park
(Evening Park) Epcot
(Dinner ADR) Rose and Crown 6:30pm

Day Eight (1/26/13)
(Morning) Delta flight 10:00am arriving in Minnesota at 12:30pm

Jan 2009: Pop Engagement Celebration
May 2010: CBR Wedding Trip
September 2011: A POPtastic Anniversary Pre-Trip Report Trip Report
January 2013: A Winter Getaway PreTrip Report Trip Report
December 2014: A Very Merry Christmas PreTrip Report Trip Report
DisneyLifer87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #17
TinkerbellM6
Living My "Happily Ever After"

Subbing! We are going to be staying at the Pop from 2/26-3/4 on the S/P/D package as well. It will be my son's (16 mos at time of trip) first trip and daughter's (almost 6) 2nd trip although she was 1 when we went and she doesn't remember. We are totally surprising her the morning we leave and not telling her beforehand! I am an absolute Disney NUT so I am totally excited!!! I am enjoying your TR/PTR!!!

**IN PROGRESS** PTR Coronado Springs 10/28-11/04 with FREE DINING!

2/26-3/04 Pop Century PTR

TinkerbellM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #18
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLifer87 View Post
Our trip is 100% paid off!

Wish I could say the same. We're still hoping to get some Y.E.S. tickets, and the dates aren't out yet. *sigh* And we're not doing the dining plan, although I have some gift cards and the like to cover a lot of that.

Six days straight in the parks? With Park Hopping? Better you than me -- we have two park days in a row at one point, and I'm already groaning at the thought of getting up that second morning. We like to space our park days with serious down time.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellM6 View Post
Subbing! We are going to be staying at the Pop from 2/26-3/4 on the S/P/D package as well. It will be my son's (16 mos at time of trip) first trip and daughter's (almost 6) 2nd trip although she was 1 when we went and she doesn't remember. We are totally surprising her the morning we leave and not telling her beforehand! I am an absolute Disney NUT so I am totally excited!!! I am enjoying your TR/PTR!!!
That is so awesome! DH and I can't wait to have kids and do this to them as well. How magical, thanks for popping in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Wish I could say the same. We're still hoping to get some Y.E.S. tickets, and the dates aren't out yet. *sigh* And we're not doing the dining plan, although I have some gift cards and the like to cover a lot of that.

Six days straight in the parks? With Park Hopping? Better you than me -- we have two park days in a row at one point, and I'm already groaning at the thought of getting up that second morning. We like to space our park days with serious down time.
We frequently do multiple park days with little problem. The water park is very much replaceable though weather dependent. Welcome!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Apologies for the long absence - I'm currently a full-time student in addition to being full-time at work. With the holidays coming up, it's safe to assume I'll be fairly sporadic with a hectic work schedule. The trip planning is pretty quiet at the moment as we play the waiting game. We did change some dining plans and I have a little information to update in regards to detailed daily plans. I will work on getting that out in the next few days. Thanks for sticking with me.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:14 PM   #21
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The trip planning is pretty quiet at the moment as we play the waiting game.
I'm back in active mode after a long "too busy to really think about it" period. I think that on-again, off-again planning is the nature of the beast.

I've been waffling on the ADR thing. I hate commitment. Also can't eat Disney food too many days in a row -- too rich! I'm hoping I'll be able to get lunch at the resort TS restaurants without a reservation, and if I don't, not a big deal, but I may break down and do a reservation at Kouzzina, because it's only open for dinner. Or I could wait until I'm there, and if I can't get in while I'm doing Hollywood Studios, make a reservation whenever I can get on on a non-park day.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

At last! Day One is planned!

Time to bring to you a little update and beginning planning our Disney days. I'm trying to get back into the spirit of things as the holidays approach. Speaking of which *minor update* our little kitten Alex turned 8 months old on Friday. He has since knocked down 14 Christmas tree ornaments and shows no signs of stopping this nasty habit. It seems to be less and less, but thus far the tree has yet to fall. Hopefully we will make it through the holidays without me abandoning the tree and storing it for the year early!

Moving on with the updates....

Day One - January 19th (Saturday)

Day One will not have an early start because our plane is a little later in the afternoon. I was supposed to have class this morning and I had initially planned to do a half day when we booked our flights. Now it turns out my class has been moved and I no longer need to go, which is nice. I doubt I would have focused anyway! Our flight is set to leave at 1:07pm and arrive in Orlando at 5:40pm (we lose an hour with the time change). Our ride for the airport (aka, my mom) will be picking us up and getting us to the MSP airport around 11:00am. I hate that she cuts it so close, but we've only had one minor delay in security and even then we still sat for 30-45 minutes before boarding.

As it is, the daily schedule looks roughly like this:
While in Minnesota...
9:00am - get up, get dressed, finish some last minute packing. Make sure the kitties are fed and well stocked on food/litter/water for the day. Make sure the house is neat and orderly (we will clean the night before).
10:15am - be picked up for the airport and head on out
11:00am - arrive at the airport, get through security (check in online the night before), and enjoy a nice lunch at whatever fast food place is closest to our terminal. Usually it's an expensive Subway.

Once in Florida...
5:40pm - Land, hopefully on time. Travel to the mini-monorail, then to MVE! hopefully feeling some warmth in weather temperatures.
7:00pm (rough estimate) - Arrive at our home for the week, Pop Century, check in briefly (having done so online prior) and head to our room to drop off our carryon items. Snap some pictures, grab what we need for the night, and off we go to the buses.
8:00pm (rough estimate) - Arrive at Downtown Disney and find some dinner. We'll most likely use 2 QS credits this evening before we wander into DisneyQuest and see what that's all about. We may poke around in shops if we have the time, but ultimately this is just a relaxing evening.
11:00pm (at the latest) - leave Downtown Disney for the hotel. Unpack our luggage and head to bed ready for our first full Disney day

Usually day one with travel is the only day that we follow any plans I make. I guess it's the only predictable day aside from when we leave. Hopefully will update our next day soon!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #23
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

It's beginning to look a lot like....

It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS around here....

As in my previous post, I did mention that our little kitten Alex is having one heck of a time leaving this tree alone. If you look carefully near the bottom of the tree, you will see the strand of lights he has tugged from the lower branches.

I spent my day yesterday with my sister and three nephews. We baked cookies, letting the kids cut out sugar cookies. It was a bit of a mess but a lot of fun. I enjoy being an auntie because I get to leave when the crabbyness begins. My nephews are Adam, aged 4; Christopher, aged 3; and Joey, aged 1. Adam and Christopher were the two who helped - Joey slept through most of the baking process and only woke up afterwards when we were cleaning up. I stayed a little while after to watch Elf with them. DH was out of town at some airsoft game (I have no idea what this is but it involves bb guns...) so I had some free time.

Little Joey is quite the cuddle when it comes to movie time. He was fascinated by my phone, as well.

48 days to go!

Old 12-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #24
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Just a little mini update. I'm sitting at home getting a few mock unit and lesson plans finished in the quiet of an empty house. I was sitting here, typing away with Alex lying next to me and I realized that our little kitten has grown by leaps and bounds! He turned 8 months old last Friday (I found his adoption card) and it turns out that he weighed 4lbs. when he was adopted. Now I do not have the most accurate of scales and he is not the most cooperative but I weighed him today and he's right around 8 lbs. of solid kitten fluff. He used to be half the size of Simba, but now they're the same height and length. Alex is of course fatter than Simba, but he's a growing boy so who am I to judge? It's just insane how quick the time flies and how big our once little boy has become

Old 12-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #25
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Love your little kitties. We have two indoor....and a bunch of farm kitties outdoor. Boo and Mocha Latte are our indoor kitties. Mocha is sitting next to me purring right now.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #26
MEK
DIS Veteran

Weird - for some reason I can't get to page 2 of your TR. I guess its my computer acting wonky.

Anyway - congrats to paying off your trip. that's awesome! You must be so excited since your trip is getting closer by the day. Nice!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #27
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's beginning to look a lot like CHRISTMAS around here....

As in my previous post, I did mention that our little kitten Alex is having one heck of a time leaving this tree alone. If you look carefully near the bottom of the tree, you will see the strand of lights he has tugged from the lower branches.

48 days to go!
OK - NOW I'm on the second page. Cute tree. When I saw it the first thing I wondered was whether your kitten was climbing it. When my cats were young they always climbed the tree and this resulted in multiple broken ornaments and tip-overs.

Yeah for 48 days!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #28
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He has since knocked down 14 Christmas tree ornaments and shows no signs of stopping this nasty habit.
We figured out various ways to keep the cats out of the tree proper (tape sticky side out usually does the job), but never did figure out how to keep them from playing with the ornaments and lights on the lower branches. One of our cats would break one (and only one) ornament every night, so we'd just sweep up in the morning.

When our kids were little, didn't want to risk the broken glass (the cats were smart enough to stay out of it -- kids, not so much), so we'd just do the nicer ornaments up top, while the lower branches had home-made ornaments -- 3-d paper ornaments or stars made of glue and glitter, rather than homemade-with-pricey-stuff. One year the kids wandered off with most of the homemade ones, and replaced them with things like stacking rings, and those big pop bead thingies for garlands. For some reason the cats did not find those as interesting as glass balls they could knock down and break.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #29
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

We have had two days of ornament free mess but I'm not ready to trust him quite yet

Old 12-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #30
DisneyLifer87
DIS Veteran

Snow, snow, and more snow

Updating live from the arctic.. polar... MinneSNOWta weather. We were victim to a brutal dumping of 15 inches and it's starting up again today. Between that and DH's car breaking down, things have been a little hectic here.

But, there is a little light at the end of the tunnel. We got our luggage tags and DME tags in the mail today! It's always nice to get a little Mickey mail and though the commute tomorrow to work will not be fun, I feel a small fraction better.

Anyway, short update this evening. DH and I are working through our planning journal and finalizing some items for it. I'll return later in the evening to post some more on our itinerary hopefully.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: