Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #16
Mary09
Mouseketeer

I bet Disney is ok with it. They let people film their nighttime shows and sell the DVDs on ebay, since they don't sell their own DVDs of the shows.

Plus the more employees this guy has saving seats, the more APs they sell for his employees, the more likely his employees are to bring some friends and spend some money in the parks before their 'shift', the more cars in the lot generating parking revenue, the more happy guests who don't have to sit 3 hours to see F!
Mary09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
perlster
DIS Veteran

Righhhhhhhht... Disney has absolutely no problem with someone "renting" its own private property.
How much is the front of the RSR line going for these days?
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

So I read one of the touring reports that he posted on his site. Basically he used a touring plan and moved his clients around the parks to get as many of the rides in as possible. He would go get fastpasses while they rode a ride instead of them sending one of their own family to get a FP like most of us have to do. He is not enjoying all of the rides, he is actually running between parks and rides to get fastpasses. From reading the order in which they went on rides, it looks like he is using the Touring Plans plans. The only time I see that he saved a place in line was for StarTours and it sounds like they met him right at the entrance of StarTours before the line went into the building. So basically he saved a place in line as it wound its way around outside. Now, I don't agree with saving places in line but I don't have a problem paying someone to be a runner and getting fastpasses for my family while we ride the rides.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlster View Post
Righhhhhhhht... Disney has absolutely no problem with someone "renting" its own private property.
How much is the front of the RSR line going for these days?
What are you talking about? Disney rents its "own private property" all the time. Special events. Conventions. Corporate parties. Weddings. Etc.

I think what you mean is that you believe that this other person is "renting" Disney's property, but you're incorrect, he's "renting" his time, which is not owned by Disney. He's simply using that time to do something Disney allows: save a spot for Fantasmic or pull FastPasses.

Disney also provide front of the line access to many rides via their own premium VIP tours, and premium show seating, so they are very comfortable with selling that option, too.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
perlster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersmom View Post
What are you talking about? Disney rents its "own private property" all the time. Special events. Conventions. Corporate parties. Weddings. Etc.

I think what you mean is that you believe that this other person is "renting" Disney's property, but you're incorrect, he's "renting" his time, which is not owned by Disney. He's simply using that time to do something Disney allows: save a spot for Fantasmic or pull FastPasses.

Disney also provide front of the line access to many rides via their own premium VIP tours, and premium show seating, so they are very comfortable with selling that option, too.
I love how you post rant after rant after claiming not to have a strong opinion

[troll ignored]
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneymoney View Post
Why is it any different then AP holders going in EVERY single morning and making the rounds with the CMs and trading pins with them and then going home and selling them on Ebay? I saw that happen several times on our last trip. The CMs know these people by name. There is a good chance that the pin they are trading with the CM is a scrapper. Disney sure isn't stopping them from trading pins.
This makes me sad. And mad. But I guess what option does Disney have.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #22
Ingrid0382
Mouseketeer

Quote:

[troll ignored]

Woah, a difference in opinion is trolling? That's pretty harsh. I can appreciate both sides of this but I can't believe this is getting nasty. Don't we have a GAC thread for that?
Ingrid0382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #23
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

With the exception of saving a place in line as was reported above, I see no issue with this service and I'm not sure Disney could do anything to stop it. If I were to hire a babysitter to join us on a trip and asked him/her to save us a viewing spot or go grab some fastpasses, how is that any different than hiring a stranger to do the same? The suggestion that this guy is renting Disney's space is weak. All he's doing is selling his time.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #24
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary09

This makes me sad. And mad. But I guess what option does Disney have.
I think I was given some scrapper pins but am not sure because they look exactly the same as the others. I agree that they don't have much of a choice--they would have to figure out a way to test these pins and that wouldn't be a magical experience to be a part of or see.

I think Mouse Expeditions is renting someone's time, not property. And as long as they follow the same rules as everyone else (no line cutting, FP rules, what have you) I doubt that Disney would have a real problem with it as their VIP tours offers more than what Mouse Expeditions can.

Someone mentioned the videos--I've wondered about that. 3Disneymoms and a couple other YouTube channels almost seem to have CM participation for their videos.
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
mydisneymoney
Prince Alex's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMole View Post
With the exception of saving a place in line as was reported above, I see no issue with this service and I'm not sure Disney could do anything to stop it. If I were to hire a babysitter to join us on a trip and asked him/her to save us a viewing spot or go grab some fastpasses, how is that any different than hiring a stranger to do the same? The suggestion that this guy is renting Disney's space is weak. All he's doing is selling his time.
Totally agree. The reason any of us would consider paying him to save a place for us is because none of us want to waste our precious and short time in the park sitting on our butts to save a place for our family. I would much rather be riding rides with my DH and DS then sitting there. What a boring job so if he is willing to sit there for me, then by all means go for it.
mydisneymoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #26
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydisneymoney View Post
Totally agree. The reason any of us would consider paying him to save a place for us is because none of us want to waste our precious and short time in the park sitting on our butts to save a place for our family. I would much rather be riding rides with my DH and DS then sitting there. What a boring job so if he is willing to sit there for me, then by all means go for it.
Agreed - and my young kids would never be able to sit for hours to wait for a show but would also never make it to 10:30pm for a show so we don't have to wait longer either. I feel it is a very small price to pay for sanity and not having to deal with kids that are crashing and burning! Plus, I am sure everyone else around is glad they don't have to hear my kids screaming...
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
coopersmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlster View Post

[troll ignored]
I don't have a strong opinion on whether or not this should be allowed by Disney, or whether it should be allowed to be discussed on the Dis ... Which I believe were the quoted posts that was in response to.

I did have an opinion on your mischaracterization of the service as "renting Disney's private property" and your stated-as-fact post that Disney disallows such space-saving by third parties. I don't believe either is factually accurate.

I clicked on this thread because we will be trying Mouse Expedition's services for our upcoming trip, based on some things I'd read on the Dis (just like we tried Memories by Betsy gift basket services, based on things read on the Disney World boards). So far, that's all I know about the service, so I was always anxious to gather more info.

Honestly, I'm not certain, given the time change, my five-year-old will even make it to Fantasmic after a day of touring, so we also have the dessert party booked on another night. If we are able to experience it both ways, I'll be curious to see which "premium" cost option offers the better overall experience.
coopersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
Mary09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boscoj View Post
At the parks now but just had to write about the excellent service we received from Brian and his girlfriend. Hired him for this past Saturday to reserve a viewing spot for both the fireworks and Fantasmic and it couldn't have been easier. Imagine having the best views available for both shows and only having to arrive about a half hour before each.......simply awesome!

I highly recommend his service!
Just curious but how did they save you primo spots for fireworks and F!? Did you pay two fees for two people? Or did you watch fireworks from your F! spot?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #29
Jenn1116
My goal in life is to visit DLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee View Post
Someone mentioned the videos--I've wondered about that. 3Disneymoms and a couple other YouTube channels almost seem to have CM participation for their videos.
Kerri
Free advertisement.
1992 So Cal Family Trip
2006 50th Anniversary - DD's First Trip
2008 President's Day Weekend Getaway
2008 Friends and Family October Trip
2009 December in Disneyland
2013 Return of the Ostrowskis

Me DD 9 Grandma Grandpa

Jenn1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #30
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1116

Free advertisement.
Makes sense. I love watching those videos. 3Disneymoms and ajruck/thingsgoofy are my faves.

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: