Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
ltl engine
Mouseketeer

Nov 1st

Trying to plan out our days--how busy do you think DCA (Carsland specifically) will be on Nov 1st? Is DCA typically more busy the day after a Halloween party since people who go to the party will go to DCA the next day or will is be slower since the non-party goers will be at DL? The park opens at 10am.....any thoughts? TIA

8/2005-All Star Movies; 8/2006-VWL
4/2008-VWL & DCL
9/2009-BCV/BLT; 5/2011 RPR & Nick
12/2012 GCH
5/2014-WL & RPR
ltl engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
rosie2283
Mouseketeer

I remember reading a post that someone placed with a picture of Peter Pan's queue. There was no one in it. The picture was taken November 1 and I think it was last year. This year though, I don't think anyone has any idea what crowds will be like any of the days.
rosie2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Well, there have been recent posts from people who could not book rooms at DLH or PP for the night of 10/31 or 11/01. There were still rooms at GCH for those dates a week or so ago. Don't know what this means for the crowd levels, but it is unusual for midweek at this time of year.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Tif
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
Well, there have been recent posts from people who could not book rooms at DLH or PP for the night of 10/31 or 11/01. There were still rooms at GCH for those dates a week or so ago. Don't know what this means for the crowd levels, but it is unusual for midweek at this time of year.
I think a lot of the hotel rooms are probably being booked those dates because the performers are all coming in around then for the filming of the parade on the 3rd. I'm hoping things will be slow, but with the new Carsland being open I think its a crap shoot.
Tif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

There have been so many reports on various boards about people planning so carefully to avoid crowds at the parks, then being really shocked or dismayed to find heavy crowds in spite of all their planning. I've found very few reports of people being pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds. As was stated above, Cars Land changes everything. Pick whatever dates work best for you, plan for crowds regardless of those dates, and be prepared. Then, if the crowds aren't bad, great! And if they are, at least you'll be prepared anyway.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
samsonpete
Earning My Ears

The biggest surprise we encountered was that the crowds never lightened up as the park got close to its midnight closing time. In the past, the crowd would leave the park after the fireworks and last showing of fantasmic. With DCA now closing at ten, all those people swarmed into Disneyland. I really think DCA needs to stay open until Disneyland closes! I thought maybe they had it closing at ten because they wanted it to be quiet for hotel guests, but we just spent a week in the GCV and 2 of those nights they had private events going until after midnight in the park! So, maybe that is there reasoning behind closing it early, thy can make more money on private events!

Either way, the parks were crowded but well distributed with the exception of RSR! I was just caught off guard by how busy the park continued to be up til closing.
samsonpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: