Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
StuffedwFluff
Mouseketeer

Best Breakfast Buffet

I'm not a huge fan of breakfast buffets. I love breakfast, but hate the old and rubbery options that most buffets offer. But, we'll be in the most magical place on earth for Mother's Day and breakfast is a tradition. To please everyone we need a buffet. Which would you go to if you were hesitant, Fresh Mediterranean Market or Crystal Palace?
StuffedwFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

Our group loves loves crystal palace. The food is yummy and there's a good variety, including a thing or two not offered at other buffets (delicious puffed French toast). Ive eaten there on three trips and haven't experienced food thats clearly been sitting out for awhile or is rubbery. They even have an omelette station where you can do a create-your-own kind of thing so you know it's fresh. You can also get chocolate chip pancakes made-to-order there as well. It is a character meal, though (Pooh characters), so keep that in mind. I've neither been to nor know anything about your other option. Hopefully someone can come along and give you an opinion on that. Enjoy your trip!
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Fresh. Not that I've been to Crystal Palace, but the quality and a more-relaxed atmosphere far exceeded those we have been to: Boma, Cape May and 'Ohana. It's become a must-do -- even with us being non-buffet folks, too.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
thatgirl23
Mouseketeer

Crystal Palace hands down. It is the only must do for us on every trip. Like someone said above me, they have some unique options that aren't available at other buffets. The food has always been hot and fresh. You can't go wrong with CP.
10/01: offsite -- 6/02: offsite -- 1/04: ASMusic -- 4/04: ASMusic -- 5/05: offsite -- 7/05: ASMovies -- 12/07: ASMovies -- 12/08: ASMusic -- 5/09: ASMusic -- 10/09: ASMusic -- 3/10: ASMusic -- 8/10: ASMusic -- 3/11: ASMusic -- 7/11: offsite -- 10/11: ASMusic -- 10/12: ASSports -- 7/13: ASMusic -- 12/13: ASMusic -- 7/14: ASMusic

Discovery Cove Trainer for a Day review - July 21, 2014

thatgirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #5
mauisam
Earning My Ears

We thought the breakfast buffet at Tusker House with Donald was great.
mauisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Cape May has the best Buffet Breakfast going---hands down
captaindavidhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #7
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Actually we prefer the breakfast buffets at Tusker House or Boma. Not a big fan of buffets though.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #8
gabzee
DIS Veteran

Between those two, Crystal Palace is far better and it is in a prime location! However, I wouldn't say that Fresh and Crystal are the two best buffets. I think Crystal is up there but 1900 Park is also fantastic!! They have a make-your- own omelette station! Crystal also have a make-your-own omelette station but the omelettes there are made in a flat-top grill compared to being made in a pan at 1900.

gabzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #9
Quin
DIS Veteran

OP: since CP is one of your choices that means you're planning on being in the MK. Why not try breakfast at The Wave instead? The Wave has both a buffet and a menu so you can REALLY please everyone, and then it's just a short walk or a nice boat ride over to the front gate of the MK.

This is not a character buffet so it may not be quite so crowded (well, OK, on Mothers Day probably everyplace will be crowded). At least it may have a slightly quieter atmosphere, even on a busy morning.

My personal favorite breakfast buffet is at Boma, but unless you are staying at AKL or are driving the travel logistics can take a big chunk of time.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #10
byejou
Mouseketeer

Been to Cape May, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace & Chef Mickeys. I will say IMOH No to Chef Mickeys...too loud, poor food. Cape May....No....everyone working there was unhappy, food was not refilled quickly, choices were poor & restaurant set-up is horrible. 1900 Park Fare...Yes...food was great, characters were awesome, very interactive with all guests, no park admission needed. And Crystal Palace....YES!!!! Food was awesome, atmosphere great, we went on Mother's Day and not too busy at 8am, got in MK before it opened, had park to ourselves for photos. Hope this helps.

DL 88 CBR 96 CSR 98 BWV 05 Wonder 07 WDW/SW 07 Wonder 08 CR/Wonder 09
BCV/Dream 11 FW/AKV 12 : FW 12 Dream/OKW/VB 13 SSR 14 OKW/WLV 14
byejou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #11
FRANKTSJR
Dis Veteran

Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Ditto what OP said--how about The Wave?? We did Mother's Day breakfast there in 2009 and it was fantastic! Omelet station, carving station, tons of fresh fruit and berries (like raspberries and blackberries mmm), and the best cheesy grits I've ever tasted. But as another other poster (other brother Darryl haha) said, if you decide to do a park, Tusker House breakfast was amazing too! We just did it on Tuesday and didn't even have a snack until dinner. The ham and the potato leek frittata were awesome, but there were endless choices there too. Still haven't made it to Fresh--maybe next trip!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #13
lemondog
My twins fight over who tooted
I always have the itch!

Personally I think Tusker House and Boma have the best breakfast buffets on property! Depends on if you want a character meal (TH) or not (Boma).

DD1 (12), DD2 (10), DD3 (10) DD4 (2)

I've been pickled! Thanks illuminati!
lemondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

CP...no doubt....their puffed french toast is worth the price of admission!!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
cmh314
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondog View Post
Personally I think Tusker House and Boma have the best breakfast buffets on property! Depends on if you want a character meal (TH) or not (Boma).
I agree! I loved the breakfast buffet at Boma, but we were staying at AKL on that trip so it was very convenient. It may be a little out of the way for you depending on where you'll be that morning. We've done a lot of character breakfast buffets and Tusker House is by far our favorite. The best food and the character interaction was terrific.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: