Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
mckinley
DIS Veteran

If i use undercovertourist.com to get my tickets?

I have always gotten our tickets directly thru disney mostly before we even arrive. I was looking at undercovertourist.com and it looks i can save $105. If i sign up for the newsletter will i be able to save even more?
If i decide to use them how do i get them added to my kttw card?
mckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I got our tix through the Mousesavers newsletter link this past August. I brought the tickets to the concierge desk and they added them on to our KTTW.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
Priskillet
Mouseketeer

Mose savers newsletters gives you an additional $2 off. I just bought our tix from them 4 days with the 5th free! Just take them to concierge or TTC they will add them to ur kttw

October 2012 Dolphin Hotel
May 2012. Dolphin Hotel
July 2011 Beach Club CL
June 2010 Beach Club
March 2009 Coronado Springs
May 2007 Swan Hotel
Several trips before offsite!
Priskillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
mckinley
DIS Veteran

ok thanks i think the extra savings could be worth it
mckinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
karebear06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priskillet
Mose savers newsletters gives you an additional $2 off. I just bought our tix from them 4 days with the 5th free! Just take them to concierge or TTC they will add them to ur kttw

Do you know if Saratoga Concierge can activate AP's?
karebear06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

I have a question about the free day. Everytime I price check if its the fifth day free its the same price for a 5 day direct . I feel its not a free day just a gimmick . Am I the only one who noticed this .

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
Priskillet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear06 View Post
Do you know if Saratoga Concierge can activate AP's?
I can't see why not. Haven't stayed there but Beach Club concierge activated for me before. Love how they try to make everything so smooth!

May 2012. Dolphin Hotel
July 2011 Beach Club CL
June 2010 Beach Club
May 2007 Swan Hotel
Old 10-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Priskillet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestDadEver View Post
I have a question about the free day. Everytime I price check if its the fifth day free its the same price for a 5 day direct . I feel its not a free day just a gimmick . Am I the only one who noticed this .
Haha yeah very true. I noticed too! I just like the wording. I feel as if I am getting something extra. I am a marketing persons dream! I fall for it all.

May 2012. Dolphin Hotel
July 2011 Beach Club CL
June 2010 Beach Club
May 2007 Swan Hotel
Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When I priced purchase 3 days and get a 4th free it was the same as buying 4 days on the Disney website. However, Disney website charges shipping and sales tax. Disney store charges sales tax. UT charges neither, so it cost me $16 more than it would have from UT.
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
AliceinMaryland
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to make sure for those that aren't familiar, when you're buying from UT, that you're using the link that you can only get from inside the mousesavers newsletter, to get the lowest price. Otherwise if you just go to UT regular page, you are not getting the discount. I saved around $50 when I used the link.

AliceinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinMaryland View Post
Just wanted to make sure for those that aren't familiar, when you're buying from UT, that you're using the link that you can only get from inside the mousesavers newsletter, to get the lowest price. Otherwise if you just go to UT regular page, you are not getting the discount. I saved around $50 when I used the link.
The link from the Mousesavers newsletter saves you about $2 per ticket, compared to the prices on undercover tourist's webpage without the link (http://www.undercovertourist.com/orl...s/tickets.html).

So, you only saved $50 with the link if you bought 25 tickets.

I think you mean that you saved $50 relative to the gate price (i.e. what WDW charges).
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #12
tarheel845
Earning My Ears

Just make sure you have your recipt when you upgrade. We try to one time and didnt have it and we could not.
tarheel845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel845
Just make sure you have your recipt when you upgrade. We try to one time and didnt have it and we could not.
I'm not sure what your situation was but you don't need a receipt to upgrade. Ever.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Mary has requested the link NOT be posted to public forums and if you want to give someone the link to please forward the entire newsletter.

Oops, sorry, I see the link that was posted was to the public UCT page.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #15
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

Quote:
It is a gimmick, but a lot of people fall for it. By the time you're up to that many days, even on the Disney site, adding a day is only a few dollars more anyway. So yeah, maybe they're giving you a "free" day, but those days are only worth under $10. Which adds up, don't get me wrong...but it isn't like you're getting a $90 ticket for "free."

That being said...I think regardless of their marketing gimmicks, UT offers very competitive pricing compared to Disney. I just looked on their site, and to buy the tickets we have direct from them (7 day base tickets with no add-ons for two adults and one child + shipping) would be $905.99. We paid $762.85 for the same tickets through UT with the Mousesavers discount. Now, I also bought my tickets for this upcoming trip in October before the price increase this summer, so that really added to the savings. But looking on the UT site right now, the same tickets are priced at $848.86. That's still a savings of $55, which is nothing to sneeze at.

But holy buckets...I totally didn't realize at the time how much money we saved by buying the tickets through UT when we did. $143 is awesome! I'm going to go have a little party for myself now. LOL.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: