DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

$399 DVC Premium Annual Pass-Extended?-Speculation

I'm curious. I never heard a logical explanation as to why the PAP got the reduction through Dec 31. I'm wondering if it will be extended as a perk indefinitely.

Things are a little tight this year and while I could buy them if I really needed to, I'd rather pass since mine are good until next June and I probably wouldn't activate them until Christmas of next year. Given the current economic climate, that's a log time to just hang $1200+ out in the cold for a year.

I can't really see a reason why they did it to begin with unless their intention was to extend it as a perk ongoing.

Anybody have an opinion? It's kinda like the BLT TOTW thing. I Can't imagine why they would have done it to begin with unless it was an experiment with intentions of extending from the beginning.
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer
I'm curious. I never heard a logical explanation as to why the PAP got the reduction through Dec 31. I'm wondering if it will be extended as a perk indefinitely.

Things are a little tight this year and while I could buy them if I really needed to, I'd rather pass since mine are good until next June and I probably wouldn't activate them until Christmas of next year. Given the current economic climate, that's a log time to just hang $1200+ out in the cold for a year.

I can't really see a reason why they did it to begin with unless their intention was to extend it as a perk ongoing.

Anybody have an opinion? It's kinda like the BLT TOTW thing. I Can't imagine why they would have done it to begin with unless it was an experiment with intentions of extending from the beginning.
I would love it if they extended this perk. We purchased them on our past trip and plan on going back for 3 or 4 nights in October. Between the savings on merchandise, TiW etc it really paid off for us on this one trip alone (we spent $56 more upgrading our tickets).
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

I hope they continue it, and I agree that it is most likely a test thing to see how it goes. We just picked up ours yesterday and we'll likely visit more next year as a result, so it worked on us!

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

I agree. One of the best perks we've had.

My Travel Pictures
WolfpackFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

May be it will become a perk for direct buyers only if it becomes real popular
Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
drusba

DIS Veteran

Yep, if i could go on getting the PAP at a price that is less than the discounted DVC price for an AP, I would continue buying it too but because of that fact I have serious doubts it will be extended, i.e., the issue is not why Disney offered it in the first place (only as a short time promotion) but why it would be crazy enough to continue selling us a PAP at a price that is less than the discounted AP? You will need some drunken sailors running the organization for that to happen (and I am praying I will have to eat crow).
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I will be ticked if they wait until the last minute and extend it. I bought mine today and I may not use it until next December. My current AP does not expire until the end of April. I would have preferred to wait.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #8
erionm
DIS Veteran

It was a very nice perk that DVC worked out with Disney, but I don't believe that it will be extended.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I will be ticked if they wait until the last minute and extend it. I bought mine today and I may not use it until next December. My current AP does not expire until the end of April. I would have preferred to wait.
Thanks-was wondering that as well. Did you get a discount for extending? Ours are reg DVC AP's currently.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Thanks-was wondering that as well. Did you get a discount for extending? Ours are reg DVC AP's currently.
I am not renewing. I'll let my current AP expire at the end of April and then start the one I just bought as new whenever I go again, either October or December to get the full year. It's $399 new or renewal (plus tax).
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #11
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

I wish they would offer some sort of a deal on the one that is good on both coasts. Our current AP's are good thru March but next summer we want to visit DL for a change....but then the FOLLOWING YEAR we would be back to the FL resorts...I hate missing out on buying these AP's for such a good price but we just wouldn't get to use them until 2014.

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #12
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

Quote:
I am not renewing. I'll let my current AP expire at the end of April and then start the one I just bought as new whenever I go again, either October or December to get the full year. It's $399 new or renewal (plus tax).
Dw and I did the same. Our currant passes expire in May but we just bought the voucher for the PAP and plan on redeeming them next Oct-Nov whenever we go.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #13
*TheWigs*
Mouseketeer

We plan on buying our PAP and using them for 14 days in June and 7 more in Dec! A SUPER value for us as we live way too far from Mickey!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #14
JWG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You don't have to activate the $399 pass until 12/31/13 if you don't want to. Even if you forego the AP renewal, $399 for PAP is very comparable. And, you get a bigger merch discount to help save even more.

We're not going back until middle end of 2014 or we'd be all over this. But, for us, we had 6 days left on no expiration passes that we used. Even if we hadn't, a 6-day park hopper was still less than the PAP discount. My parents had just renewed their AP's right before the deal.

If they do extend it into 2013 with a requirement to activated by 12/31/14 i think we'd be all over it. 2013 will be the first year we miss a trip since 2008. Timing was just off.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #15
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

I hope they extend it. We're not going again until next year and its too much to pay to activate for dec 2013. I already have $1500 of DLR APs waiting to be activated.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: