Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #1
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Why Pool View? What Do You Like About It?

I've seen some people mentioning they request a pool view, or have booked with a pool view, and I'm curious as to why? What do people like about the pool view. It seems like it would be less privacy and more noise. But I feel like maybe I'm missing something. So tell me why you like the pool view (if you don't mind. I'm going to be booking for our next trip soon and want to present all options to the family).
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Well I don't select pool view for all resorts, but for AKL it is what my family likes to pick. We don't like the standard and we don't like spending money for the savanna view all the time so the pool view is the best option. It can be noisy during certain times of the year, but with the slider closed, it is no big deal. It's close to the restaurants also so it is just the most central location for our needs.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
BlissfulMama09
Earning My Ears

At the Wilderness Lodge we actually prefer "woods" view over "pool (courtyard" view. Even though it's very pretty and we enjoyed it during our honeymoon in 2008, it is now SO loud when they do the pool parties.
We have little ones that we take back to the room for naps on some days - when they sleep we like to sit out on the balcony. But when they do pool parties in the afternoon DH and I cannot even hear each other and the kids cannot sleep. The music is so loud and totally takes us out of the Disney magic
Last year I booked a courtyard view and we ended up requesting a downgrade to woods view.
If they didn't have the pool parties we would definitely pay the extra $ for courtyard.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Well I don't select pool view for all resorts, but for AKL it is what my family likes to pick. We don't like the standard and we don't like spending money for the savanna view all the time so the pool view is the best option. It can be noisy during certain times of the year, but with the slider closed, it is no big deal. It's close to the restaurants also so it is just the most central location for our needs.
Agree about the pool view at AKL.
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Pool views are a step above standard views, and usually for not too much more...it offers a better view than standards which are usually of parking lots.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #6
catho72
DIS Veteran

I like pool views....I have since I was a little kid. It's a fun view and vacations are fun! Anything goes on vacation....ice cream for lunch....SURE! Want to swim at 9pm or 7am....SURE! Mom, can I play video games at the arcade? Here's $10 sweetie! I'm a fun mom on vacation....not so much at home. Do you homework, eat your dinner, go to bed. Pool View=Fun!

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

catho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for answering! Your replies all make a lot of sense! I can see how the view of the pool would be better than the parking lot if I didn't have to worry about little kids and noise.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: