Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #721
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I feel like a broken record.....love all of the pictures. But, you take great pictures so I have to say it each time you post.

Isn't it funny how a random comment can lead to such silliness? I love it when things like that happen. And, you got a trip report name out of it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #722
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love the Mushroom Risotto, but agree that it would not be big enough for a main course. Can you remember what the middle dish in the photo of three was? This looks really nice and I think I may want to try this on our next cruise. With doing a back to back cruise, I can be a bit more adventurous. normally I stick to my old favourites.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #723
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

YUM ........ FOOD!

Are you trying to get me in the mood for our upcoming cruise? Many of the dishes look very familiar (guess we tried the whole menu on all our cruises)

I really liked Animator's on the Wonder and it is so nice to see so many wonderful photos, thanks for refreshing my memory, Jen ...... and making me homesick!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #724
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I feel like a broken record.....love all of the pictures. But, you take great pictures so I have to say it each time you post.

Isn't it funny how a random comment can lead to such silliness? I love it when things like that happen. And, you got a trip report name out of it.
Thanks!
I know you can relate to silly comments like that. Over the years Lisa and I have had our fair share of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the Mushroom Risotto, but agree that it would not be big enough for a main course. Can you remember what the middle dish in the photo of three was? This looks really nice and I think I may want to try this on our next cruise. With doing a back to back cruise, I can be a bit more adventurous. normally I stick to my old favourites.

Corinna
I really don't have a clue, but looking at the online menu it could be this Black Bean Chipotle Cakes Over Corn Kernels and Brown Rice topped with Tomato-Cilantro Salsa. Thats just a guess though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
YUM ........ FOOD!

Are you trying to get me in the mood for our upcoming cruise? Many of the dishes look very familiar (guess we tried the whole menu on all our cruises)

I really liked Animator's on the Wonder and it is so nice to see so many wonderful photos, thanks for refreshing my memory, Jen ...... and making me homesick!
I bet you are excited for your next cruise. I am really hoping to curies again this year, but it will take a lot of pixie dust flowing this way to get it to work out.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #725
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
... looking at the online menu ....
Where are the online menus? Just got back from our cruise on the Magic, and while we had some of the same things you did, I'd like to try to remember those that were different! Thanks in advance!
riofriotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #726
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love your hair braiding - it looks so cute on you! How fun!

I am trying to catch up now, but I think fatigue is catching up to me and I keep feeling like I am going to pass out. I think I'll wait until I'm more awake to finish up!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #727
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by riofriotex View Post
Where are the online menus? Just got back from our cruise on the Magic, and while we had some of the same things you did, I'd like to try to remember those that were different! Thanks in advance!
I am not on the computer that has it bookmarked, but I'll try to find it tomorrow. Also Allears sometimes have some of the ships menus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love your hair braiding - it looks so cute on you! How fun!

I am trying to catch up now, but I think fatigue is catching up to me and I keep feeling like I am going to pass out. I think I'll wait until I'm more awake to finish up!
Thanks.
I know that feeling. I am getting sleepy and we're watching biggest loser, which has another 30 minutes yet, and I need to shower yet tonight too.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #728
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the photos and videos of the show dinner in Animator's Palate. We missed that one. Our cruise last week missed Costa Maya (rough seas and high swells) and docked at Cozumel that evening and stayed overnight. We opted to go out to our favorite restaurant there and do a little shopping while it was cooler. Good thing we did as we were too tired and hot after our excursion the next day!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #729
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Thank you for all the photos and videos of the show dinner in Animator's Palate. We missed that one. Our cruise last week missed Costa Maya (rough seas and high swells) and docked at Cozumel that evening and stayed overnight. We opted to go out to our favorite restaurant there and do a little shopping while it was cooler. Good thing we did as we were too tired and hot after our excursion the next day!
Oh wow. I had heard it could be hard to dock there with the currents. How exciting to get to Cozumel a little earlier though.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #730
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

This is the night we got the full Animators Palette show too. Our servers said we could move a little closer to the empty table next to us.

It darkened a bit and they had some things playing on the screen throughout the room.

The servers marched out.

And Mickey joined the fun.

That guy is one fast mover. He was up and down the aisle and I really had a hard time catching him.

That was a lot of fun, but it went pretty fast and honestly I donít remember a lot of it already now. I will need to see this again to take more in.

Raphael and Luis posed for a few pictures then.

These guys were just great and so much fun.

Luis was giving us some wise advice.

After dinner, Lisa headed back to the room, but I wasnít ready yet, so I set out on my own. I went and checked the weather on deck 4.

It was no longer raining, so I headed up top for some more night time shots.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #731
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I just love seeing the ship all lit up.

It was pretty quiet up here again tonight.

I love the Moon.

I think I roamed around for about 30 minutes or so and then headed back to the room. As I opened the door I saw a piece of paper on the ground. As I picked it up I saw it had a note on it. It was an excursion sheet and Brook and Carolyn had left it for me and said they ended up signing up for the Ruins and Tequilla tour for the next day. They had it circled and told me to get to the desk early if I wanted to go and sign up for it.
I was sure at that point. It sounded fun, but yet, I don’t really drink much, especially tequilla. Lisa was sleeping, but woke up when I came in. I told her about the excursion and she told me she didn’t want to go, but she didn’t care if I went. I decided I would see if I woke up early enough in the morning and then go from there. Of course that left me thinking about it all night and I slept so badly. I kept waking up thinking I missed getting up, only find that only 20 minutes had passed. I should’ve just told myself yes from the start and I am sure I would’ve slept better.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #732
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love all the night photos. I can't wait to hear what you decided to do about the excursion.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #733
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Those night pics are just fabulous. I cannot get enough of them!
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #734
riofriotex
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh wow. I had heard it could be hard to dock there [Costa Maya] with the currents. How exciting to get to Cozumel a little earlier though.
I was disappointed we did not get to Costa Maya, as we've never been there before and were looking forward to touring the ruins. Maybe next cruise. I'm glad Disney was able to get us the overnight in Cozumel, though. The crew loved it too; many were out late that night.

Disney should pay you for your photos and use them in their publicity!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #735
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love all the night photos. I can't wait to hear what you decided to do about the excursion.

Corinna
Thanks. It made for a night of not so much sleep, but I made the right choice in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Those night pics are just fabulous. I cannot get enough of them!
Thanks. I am always trying to get a perfect one, which means I take a lot and still don't get it.

Quote:
I was disappointed we did not get to Costa Maya, as we've never been there before and were looking forward to touring the ruins. Maybe next cruise. I'm glad Disney was able to get us the overnight in Cozumel, though. The crew loved it too; many were out late that night.

Disney should pay you for your photos and use them in their publicity!
I would be disappointed too though. When you plan for a port, you do hope to get there and missing ruins would be a bummer.

I sure wish they would, it could fund a new vacation.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: