Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #211
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Thank you so much for posting those kids club pics. I'm really thinking Hope will spend time at both. (Unless they are strict about the ages.) She's 7 1/2 and I know she would love the pirate ship, but she also loves everything science.

I love that you went up the stairs to take a picture.


The ship looks so empty in your pics, but I guess thats the best time for picture taking.
Yes, I think they are strict on the Magic. I do have more pictures to ocme, but I'll probably post those tomorrow.
She will love it in there.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #212
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,777

Quote:
I do like the Dreams set up better where both clubs run into each other and kids can go from side to side. On the Magic the age groups are completely separated.
Wait, I'm confused how this works on the Magic. I thought the Oceanerr Club and Lab were the same age range. Are they not?

And if they are, do you have to physically bring them to each side or can they go back and forth?

Loving your pics btw!
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #213
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Wait, I'm confused how this works on the Magic. I thought the Oceanerr Club and Lab were the same age range. Are they not?

And if they are, do you have to physically bring them to each side or can they go back and forth?

Loving your pics btw!
On the Magic they are separated by age groups. the younger ones go to the club and the next level up before pre-teen goes to the lab. They can't go to both on the Magic. I would have to go look at the actual age groups though. I can't think of it off the top of my head. On the Dream the kids can go between both clubs and they are connected.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #214
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

I don't know that I'd use a kids club on a short cruise unless she wanted, but with a long one like you took, I'd defiantly try to get her in it at least once.
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #215
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

On the Magic they are separated by age groups. the younger ones go to the club and the next level up before pre-teen goes to the lab. They can't go to both on the Magic. I would have to go look at the actual age groups though. I can't think of it off the top of my head. On the Dream the kids can go between both clubs and they are connected.
I was under the impression they'd changed this in the last year. They're both (oceaneer club and lab) listed on the website as open to 3-12 year olds.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #216
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I don't know that I'd use a kids club on a short cruise unless she wanted, but with a long one like you took, I'd defiantly try to get her in it at least once.
Claire only went once on our short cruise. I did see kids crying to go into the club before it was even opened one morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I was under the impression they'd changed this in the last year. They're both (oceaneer club and lab) listed on the website as open to 3-12 year olds.
Hmm.. I am not sure about that. It might have changed. I'll have to investigate that one.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #217
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I was under the impression they'd changed this in the last year. They're both (oceaneer club and lab) listed on the website as open to 3-12 year olds.
I just went and found the info...it sounds it just changed.
Brook told me last month, but she might've meant last year.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #218
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,777

I will ask on the main board since that's important to us. Keep the pics coming, these are fantastic! I dont get to see the Magic as much.

What camera did you use? I'm trying to debate whether to lug around my good one or not.
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #219
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran
 
Kathy Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 5,245

I was waaay behind back on page 8. I had a really busy and stressful week. I don't know if you read this on Lisa's tr but Wednesday was River's b-day so we had a small family party for him at home. On Thursday morning River's father's mother died and family started coming from all over. Saturday was River's b-day party with friends at a laser tag place and the viewing was that same day also. So it was a lot to deal with. Anyway.......

Well first I was laughing when you said it was a race to board when they called your number until I read about the witch. What did she gain by not letting you all walk together? Did you run into her again on the cruise?

I caught the mistake the reporter made right away when she said a 6 night instead of 7. I can't believe she questioned them about being adults only. Doesn't she know how many adults go on cruises without kids? I guess not. I thought she was dressed pretty shabby to be on TV too. I think I would have dressed up if I knew tv cameras were involved!

We tried the zebra domes in June 2011. Well River and I love sweets and I love coffee. We did not like these and ended up throwing them out. I got them because I had read so much about them on here. It was way to sweet for me and I can eat plain icing!

You really have gotten a lot done so far on this day and you haven't even set sail yet! I love looking at all your pictures. Can't wait for more hopefully I can keep up until you leave again.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #220
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,777

Quote:
We tried the zebra domes in June 2011. Well River and I love sweets and I love coffee. We did not like these and ended up throwing them out. I got them because I had read so much about them on here. It was way to sweet for me and I can eat plain icing!
I dont like them either. Blech.
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #221
dizneeat
DIS Veteran
 
dizneeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 14,669

We only saw the kids club on the DREAM and your pics look very different. Thanks for taking the time to check them out.
__________________
Players: Karin Tom Find our trips here: Magicaldisneytrips
DCL: March 29 Magic/Western Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
WDW: March 28-29, April 5-6, August 15 - 22 and September 5 - 12
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #222
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I will ask on the main board since that's important to us. Keep the pics coming, these are fantastic! I dont get to see the Magic as much.

What camera did you use? I'm trying to debate whether to lug around my good one or not.
Brook told me it changed last month...but she might've mean last year because it sounds like her son went between clubs and that was in June.

I use a Canon 50D. I do lug it around, but I like it so much better than my point and shoot in most cases. I am so used to carrying it around now, but I hate the bag. I have now found a backpack that is working well...well it's my Castaway Club bag. And I ended up using it on the ship most of the time. So much nicer on the shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I was waaay behind back on page 8. I had a really busy and stressful week. I don't know if you read this on Lisa's tr but Wednesday was River's b-day so we had a small family party for him at home. On Thursday morning River's father's mother died and family started coming from all over. Saturday was River's b-day party with friends at a laser tag place and the viewing was that same day also. So it was a lot to deal with. Anyway.......

Well first I was laughing when you said it was a race to board when they called your number until I read about the witch. What did she gain by not letting you all walk together? Did you run into her again on the cruise?

I caught the mistake the reporter made right away when she said a 6 night instead of 7. I can't believe she questioned them about being adults only. Doesn't she know how many adults go on cruises without kids? I guess not. I thought she was dressed pretty shabby to be on TV too. I think I would have dressed up if I knew tv cameras were involved!

We tried the zebra domes in June 2011. Well River and I love sweets and I love coffee. We did not like these and ended up throwing them out. I got them because I had read so much about them on here. It was way to sweet for me and I can eat plain icing!

You really have gotten a lot done so far on this day and you haven't even set sail yet! I love looking at all your pictures. Can't wait for more hopefully I can keep up until you leave again.
I did not read that. I have to admit, I am behind on hers again, and when I caught up, I had just read her posts and skimmed over all the others posts.

It does sound like a lot has been going on for you. I am sorry for Rivers loss. Was he very close with her?
I was not impressed with the newscaster. Even when I saw here there I had the though that she wasn't dressed very nicely for this job....but then after hearing what others said, it confirmed it for me. I'm sure she is a nice lady...but she needs to get a little more Disney happy if she is going to cover that story.

I sitll have quite a bit more to post before we sail away. It was truely a long day, but so much fun too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I dont like them either. Blech.
Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
We only saw the kids club on the DREAM and your pics look very different. Thanks for taking the time to check them out.
Yes, they are very different. I think I like the Dreams better in looks. Of course it's more modern too. But I think if they added the pirate ship it would make it even better on the Dream. I think the ship looks like a fun thing to me. I had fun on it and I am in my 40's.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #223
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

Kids can choose activities taking place in both the Club and the Lab on the Magic. Activities have colour-coded Mickey heads for each type of activity and they recommend different types of activities for different age groups, but they are a recommendation only and in no way enforced. There is a "tunnel" linking the Club and the Lab that is used to transition kids wanting to got from one to the other. If you are in the atrium look up and you see a bunch of port holes that seem misplaced. The tunnel is behind this.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #224
Crecia27
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 46

What all is included in the rainforest room and do you remember the cost? I've never even heard of it!
__________________
Crecia27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #225
mousetravel
DIS Veteran
 
mousetravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 2,669

The kids clubs look like they're so much fun!!

Catching up, and there's so many opinions on the Zebra domes!
Well, me and DD both LOVE them!! Last year, we were able to bring our coolers when we traveled by Amtrak, and we ended up buying 3 packages of Zebra Domes and brought them home because we just loved them!
I hate coffee, and they didn't have a coffee taste to them. And I remember hearing a lady asking about the alcohol because of wanting to get some for her kids, and the guy (chef/cook?) said the alcohol is basically cooked out of them.

Can't wait to hear your opinion of them!
__________________
Mom/Daughter Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort:November 2014:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3349510
Mom/Daughter Pop Trip: May 2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289750
Mom/Daughter Graduation trip: June 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3211306
Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration! June 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post45286013
Mom/Daughter Christmas TR! 2011http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851142
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: