Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #181
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Such is life, Jen! Don't worry, we will all wait until there is more time to update.

As for the Zebra Domes - I did not have any last year, so since they changed the recipe maybe the coffee taste is gone. Need to get me some in August.
I guess the only way to know if is I actually try one and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
For this type of trip report, we'll still be here after the weekend. Enjoy!
I ended up waking up earlier than I planned this morning, so I might try to get something small in if I can.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #182
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

I guess the only way to know if is I actually try one and see.

I ended up waking up earlier than I planned this morning, so I might try to get something small in if I can.
Yay! These trip reports keep me amused on the treadmill.
Five weeks from today I will be jumping on my kids beds to wake them before dawn and drive down to port!!!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #183
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

After the fiasco with the overloaded elevator, Lisa and I cautiously got on the next one that came. All was fine. We didnít set off any alarms this time.

We headed up to deck 9 and got our first glimpse of the outdoor area.
I have to admitÖ.I only took a few pictures for nowÖbut have many more later.

And we headed into the Vista Spa and found the rest of our gang there too.

It is really a beautiful spa. I was impressed. It wasnít as beautiful as the Dreams, but darn close.

We all signed up for the drawing that was gonna take place at 3 PM. They were going to give away several different things and though I am not really a spa kind of galÖ.I would take anything for free. LOL

We proceeded to walk down the hallway to take a look and get some pictures.

The rooms all looked so nice.

Another complaint. Ö. This hot tub was not very pretty. This is Disney and they need to put some kind of nice covering around the sides of it. This looked kind of disgusting and falling apart. I surely didnít expect to see that.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #184
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Yay! These trip reports keep me amused on the treadmill.
Five weeks from today I will be jumping on my kids beds to wake them before dawn and drive down to port!!!
Is this a surprise for them? I have often thought of surprising Claire, but I know I never could. We talk too much about Disney and I would slip up.
I have kept the fact that we are staying at AKL in Nov. for 1 night from her...but actually I have siad it right in front of her on accident, but she didn't catch it. She does keep asking me where we are staying the first night...and I stil ltell her it's a surprise. I think she thinks we are staying at Pop.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #185
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I agree with you about the hot tub. We had a treatment in one of the spa villas on the Wonder last year and the hot tub there was in a much better state. We usually live in the spa and always get a length of cruise pass for the Rainforest Room.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:59 AM   #186
MEK
DIS Veteran

Jen - beautiful pictures of the spa. You've got to start getting paid jobs with those pictures. You need a portfolio girl. they are great!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #187
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I agree with you about the hot tub. We had a treatment in one of the spa villas on the Wonder last year and the hot tub there was in a much better state. We usually live in the spa and always get a length of cruise pass for the Rainforest Room.

Corinna
I don't even get why they didn't just get a can pf paint and make it look slightly better.

Some of my firends did do the rainforest room and really enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Jen - beautiful pictures of the spa. You've got to start getting paid jobs with those pictures. You need a portfolio girl. they are great!
Thanks. You are giving me a big head.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #188
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

Ohhhh what a tease today!! I need more!!! We leave in 2 weeks and I'm living vicariously through you!! I'm loving all of your pictures and you are so funny!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #189
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksMomma View Post
Ohhhh what a tease today!! I need more!!! We leave in 2 weeks and I'm living vicariously through you!! I'm loving all of your pictures and you are so funny!
I am leaving in about 45 minutes for the day. Hopefully tomorrow I can get 2 updates up. I have sooo many pictures from just this boarding day. My goal is to get this day done before I leave...but with so many pictures...it's really a taunting task.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #190
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib

Is this a surprise for them? I have often thought of surprising Claire, but I know I never could. We talk too much about Disney and I would slip up.
I have kept the fact that we are staying at AKL in Nov. for 1 night from her...but actually I have siad it right in front of her on accident, but she didn't catch it. She does keep asking me where we are staying the first night...and I stil ltell her it's a surprise. I think she thinks we are staying at Pop.
Not a surprise. But they're young enough it'll be a thrilling morning anyhow. And they've never done anything Disney before.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #191
BEARCATS07
Mouseketeer

The spa looked great! I will have to agree with you about the Hot Tub. They should have that looking better!
BEARCATS07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #192
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Not a surprise. But they're young enough it'll be a thrilling morning anyhow. And they've never done anything Disney before.

Yep... I am super excitind knowing about all the plans...probably even more so. You'll have a blast. And become addicted very fast. Claire thnks she is a DCL pro now...after sailing once. She can hardly stand waiting for our next cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARCATS07 View Post
The spa looked great! I will have to agree with you about the Hot Tub. They should have that looking better!
Yes. It surprised me that it looked so bad.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #193
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Late but here!! Your trip reports are so educational for me since I have not yet done a Disney cruise!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #194
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Late but here!! Your trip reports are so educational for me since I have not yet done a Disney cruise!
YAY!!!!! Welcome!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #195
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

At the end of the hallway, all the way to the front of the ship is the gym.

One of the instructors asked if we would like a picture together.

We all made our strong look and posed.

Shelly is not in that picture…not sure where she had roamed off to at the moment.

The instructor was from Austria. I couldn’t help but think of the Saturday Night Live skit with Hans and Frans. This guy sounded just like them and he was ready to “pump you up”!

Some of the gals looked at a few classes, like detoxing, etc. I skimmed it, but I didn’t want to comment just yet to anything. I wanted to think over exactly what I wanted to do and I didn’t want to sign up and then not show up.

While he talked, I took some pictures out the front window of the ship.

This is the crew pool….which was almost never used. Even our waiter made a comment one night that no one ever uses it as they just don’t have much time to. On a side note…one afternoon Lisa was watching the camera on TV that shows the front of the ship. She was all excited to see a couple of people out on that deck. It was kind of twilight out and the camera doesn’t capture it great, but I swear there was a girl and 2 guys…and though I am sure this “wasn’t” going on…it almost looked like there was some sort of standing threesome going on. Lisa was cracking up so much. She kept saying to me…”look now…..what do you think that looks like?”

Back to taking pictures of the gym and spa.

I am not sure how this works? On the Dream they have water coolers with fresh lemons in the water. Here there is a drinking fountain with lemons next to it. LOL! Do you filter your water with a lemon slice as you drink it?

Back to the spa.

If you ever finding yourself needing a razor…come here…they have tons you can use.

You can even shower here too.

Or if the sauna is your type of thing…go for it!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: