Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #136
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow78 View Post
Canadian accent eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I feel like I'm forever playing catch up!

I love departure day, so much excitement! I'm determined to take advantage of the Magic being so close to us, I just wish there were some summer sailings, they are all at times when we would have to take the kids out of school...

I am forever catching up too. I was so close to being completely caught up, but over the last 2 days I got way behind again. Oh well...I'll keep plugging through. I enjoy reading...it just takes awhile.
I know what you mean about school. I have an opportunity to sail on another line....it's just eating away at me, but the best selection would be immediately after we get back from this trip and I can't take Claire out any more for at least a few months. So I will wait and see what spring brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMommy View Post
I decided to take a study break and look up your TR. I didn't realize you'd have so much up already. Oh well, its been a fun read.

Did you tell me your aunt's house is near the zoo? I know a few people who have mansions around there.

That was odd that nobody honored the lines when you boarded SW. I always fly Southwest out of Columbus and have never had any issues with people not lining up in the correct places. I usually encounter people who are very particular and want to make sure nobody gets ahead of them that shouldn't, so you'll have several people asking what number you have.
Maybe we just had a bad couple of days. But I never heard anyone ask...nor did they ask me. It was totally just a bunch of people standing there. I just tried to stay in my section.

Yes, My Aunt is near the zoo. She doesn't have a mansion, but a very nice house. They have an elevator in it to go to and from the finished basement and that is a big highlight for Claire and my nieces.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #137
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We found our room easily and I took a couple of quick pictures.

That was my gift for being a silver Castaway Club member. It had some pretzels, Disney shaped goldfish crackers and a keychain inside I believe. (I think I took a picture of it later on)

This room was 5130. I looked for reviews online and one person made mention that it did NOT have a split bathroom. I figured this person must've been off their rocker, because there aren't any veranda rooms on the Magic in this category without a split bathroom. Sure enough I was right, it did have 2 bathrooms. I do plan to go in and make a review myself and correct the info.

We then headed back towards the atrium to meet up with the gals. As we walked I really liked what I saw. My friend and co-worker Jeanne has sailed the Magic many times ......I think she has sailed with Disney something like 40 times!!!!! She had told me the Magic was still her favorite, but it did look a little worn. I was expecting it to look much more worn than it was. Most things were still bright and clean and we saw them daily doing maintenance on painting and floor boards, etc. Only a few spots did I find it look less than Disney standards.

We decided to take the stairs down from deck 5 to 3.

Look! Oil Rigs right outside the porthole and nasty green water.

And the girls were just coming in the Atrium at the same time.

And we didn't mingle too long, we were starving!

There was practically no one in the restaurant too.

We were seated and I went and took a few pictures before I ate.
I guess the desserts were calling my name first ......actually they were still full and not picked over, so I wanted to get shots like that.

The ultimate, best dessert EVER! I just love their chocolate chip cookies. I dont know what it is, but they are to die for. I will push you down and step on you if you get between me and those cookies!

Last edited by jenseib; 10-11-2012 at 07:30 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #138
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Oh, memories are coming back (not of the Magic, but her sister ship, the Wonderful Disney Wonder )
I had forgotten how nice the Atrium looked! Smaller than the Dream's, but still awesome. And we loved Parrot Cay! Such a nice restaurant - good thing you made it to the desserts before they were touched. They look yummy! All of them, not just the cookies.
Hope you took pics of the rest of the food too!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #139
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

The decor in the staterooms does look a little worn, but when you compare it to the brand new Dream, it would. Doesn't stop me from wanting to cruise on the Magic, that's for sure

Oh, those desserts look to die for! So glad you grabbed some pictures before they were picked over!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #140
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

The ultimate, best dessert EVER! I just love their chocolate chip cookies. I dont know what it is, but they are to die for. I will push you down and step on you if you get between me and those cookies!

We STILL talk about these cookies!!! What do they put in them?

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #141
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Oh, memories are coming back (not of the Magic, but her sister ship, the Wonderful Disney Wonder )
I had forgotten how nice the Atrium looked! Smaller than the Dream's, but still awesome. And we loved Parrot Cay! Such a nice restaurant - good thing you made it to the desserts before they were touched. They look yummy! All of them, not just the cookies.
Hope you took pics of the rest of the food too!
It is a very nice ship. Very elegant too. I was impressed.
The desserts were very good....which is why I goan 6 -7 pounds on this trip.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #142
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
The decor in the staterooms does look a little worn, but when you compare it to the brand new Dream, it would. Doesn't stop me from wanting to cruise on the Magic, that's for sure

Oh, those desserts look to die for! So glad you grabbed some pictures before they were picked over!
Yes. I think I read or even saw pictures that the wonder has changed their bedding to match the Dream and Fantasy and I am sure in drydock the Magic will do the same. But it was still comfy and the beds were comfy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
We STILL talk about these cookies!!! What do they put in them?
It must be pixie dust! They are so darn good.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #143
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Well, at least I caught the chocolate chip cookie picture AFTER breakfast. Or I would have had to hunt you down!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #144
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Well, at least I caught the chocolate chip cookie picture AFTER breakfast. Or I would have had to hunt you down!
I know...my stomach started grumbling after I posted them too.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #145
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

More pictures of the buffet.

The place was very tropical looking.

And my first round of plates.

My only complaint was the salad dressing. I am a French dressing kid of girl….and I never saw it offered….though I never asked if they had it either.

A view up from our table.

After sitting and chatting and eating a bit, we saw Mary walk in. We said hellos and she said her friends were already seated and we glanced back at their table and gave a wave.

I was not done yet. I went back up for a 2nd round…and then desserts too!

My 2nd plate.

And dessert. This was really good, but I can’t remember what it was. I think some sort of mousse type thing.

After stuffing myself silly, I took a few pictures of the tables.

We chatted a little longer….Can you believe that Susan isn’t a dessert fan. I almost had to leave the room! LOL. Actually I wish I wasn’t a big dessert lover…I would probably lose weight a lot easier then.

We decided it was time to tour the ship a bit. We still had lots of time till we had to attend the muster drill. We had finished eating about 12:45.

Off we went. The plan was to go sign up for the drawing at the Vista Spa. We headed to the midship elevators.

I stopped and took this picture of this boat, but got a lot of my own reflection in it.

And we all tried to crowd into a very full elevator. Guess what…the elevator will have a light that says overloaded when you exceed its weight. LOL…..Yep we found that out the hard way. Lisa and I stepped back out and said we would meet up later. We got on the next one and Lisa was now paranoid that every time she stepped into one the light would alert.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #146
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Oh MAN....... that all looks AWESOME!

And oh NO at the elevator story! Just how many desserts did you guys have??????????
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #147
vleeth
I heart Disney

Wow, I'm really going to have to try those cookies! Of course I tried Zebra Domes because so many people raved about them and .

But I'm excited to be able to try those cookies for myself.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #148
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Oh MAN....... that all looks AWESOME!

And oh NO at the elevator story! Just how many desserts did you guys have??????????

Evidently 1 too many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Wow, I'm really going to have to try those cookies! Of course I tried Zebra Domes because so many people raved about them and .

But I'm excited to be able to try those cookies for myself.
I have yet to try the zebra domes. I hear good things too...but I am leery myself. What did they taste like to you?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #149
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

The picture that you posted in this latest set of updates shows the atrium from a different perspective and, while it does look smaller than the Dream, it didn't look tiny. I'm still not sure if I like that light fixture/chandelier in the atrium. It's a much different look than the one in the Dream's atrium.

I know that ya'll were excited to finally be aboard and ready go exploring. Well, after eating, that is. The foods on the buffet look really good.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #150
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
Of course I tried Zebra Domes because so many people raved about them and .
Zebra Domes are not

Jen, the elevator story is so funny! Who knew? I would be like Lisa and fear that I was going to be the one to push it over the limit every time

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: