Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
1308Miles
Mouseketeer

Just back last night...food poisoning/norovirus?

Hi there...I'm posting in this forum because it gets the most traffic (if it is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.)

We just returned from an amazing 6 days at WDW. We had beautiful weather and tons of pixie dust showered on us...it was truly magical!

Our flight wasn't until 7:30 pm yesterday so we had a full day to spend at MK. We were able to do all of our 'must-ride' rides and ate at a new (to us) CS restaurant - Pinocchio's Village Haus. The pepperoni flatbread was delish. My DD ate the mac & cheese and my husband and DS both ate the chicken breast nuggets & fries. We had no issues until after our flight landed at 10 pm - my DS began complaining of intense stomach pain (he NEVER complains so we knew something was wrong.) We returned home and we all went to sleep. By 2 am, he was hunched over and vomiting intensely (and other intestinal distress, if you catch my drift. ) This continued until about 5 am and then my husband began complaining of the same thing.

I'm just wondering if anyone else ate there and had the same issue or if this is just a fluke....so far, my DD and I are fine and I can only trace it back to those chicken nuggets.

Thanks for reading...now I have to go wash the vomit-y sheets!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
rwdavis2
DIS Veteran

This happened to a group of people that did one of thE AK tours in the summer. It made the papers and people were contacts by the Orlando area health department.
Wilderness Lodge 2004
All Star Vacation Homes 2008
Wilderness Lodge & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012(November)
All Star Movies January 2013
Paradise Pier September 2013

Pittsburgh Dad says, "Mum and Gram are at Bingo tonight, so it's cereal for dinner. "
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

Moved Your Post Here

Due to an increase in the number of Live Report and Just Back threads, the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies Moderator Team has decided to start moving these over to our trip report forum. The purpose of the theme parks attractions and strategies board is to help people find valuable information to plan their trips, discuss the attractions, and changes that are happening at Disney World.

Live trip reports, and just back threads are really a better fit for our trip report board. You can find the trip report forum here:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

We know that everyone loves to talk about their trips, and we do love to hear about everyone's trips. So, please share your trip stories, and read about other trip stories over on our trip report forum.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

OP if you think that your family may have food poisoning then take them to your local emergency room or have them seen by your own doctor today. Tests will need to be made to determine the causative organism. And they should have treatment ASAP.

Anything else is only speculation on our part.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
kandb
DIS Veteran

Without giving a stool sample to be tested for enteric pathogens, there is no way to tell if it is a foodbourne illness or not. Hope they are feeling better.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
michellebeck316
Earning My Ears

Norovirus

We were in Disney from 9/22 til 9/29. We all got deathly sick. My one year daughter has had it the worse. She is still vomitting and dirreahea. We stayed in Riverside. It has been confirmed as the norovirus by a doctor. We ate at the Crystal Palace Sunday, Akurshus in Epcot Monday am, Spirit of Ohana Tuesday and by Wednesday evening badly sick. Throwing up every 10 mins. I am a mother of 4 small children and it was awefull trying to take care of them. We spent our last 2 days wasted bc of this virus. We are huge Disney fans and my kids have been 5 times in 3 years but this trip really but a damper on our Disney heartstrings

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: