Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
AinW
Earning My Ears

Question Did anyone else have credit card info stolen while at WDW in August?

Although I know there's a possibility that there's no linkage, fraudulent charges on my Disney Rewards visa started showing up shortly after I returned from my trip to WDW in August. I am curious if anyone else had the same thing happen.

What makes it really creepy is that they used my card to purchase postage online and used my name and address to send counterfeit postal money orders. The only reason I know is that one of the envelopes was returned to ME because the post office couldn't deliver it.

I've cancelled the card and reported the entire incident to my local police. Nothing odd has shown up on my credit report so I hope this is the end of it.

This is the best way I know to check in with as many people as possible who may have traveled to WDW to see if what happened to me was isolated or if perhaps there's a problem there. Although I hope it didn't happen to anyone else, filing the police report today made me curious.

We used ME and never left the WDW resort on this trip and the card wasn't even used at the airport. We did go to DTD and stayed at 3 different resorts plus visited all of the parks and BB.

I am one of those people who is super careful about online shopping and only shop at secure sites that I go to directly rather than clicking on e-mail links.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Did you go to the House of Blues.
I made a reservation for Gospel Brunch over the phone either very later AUG or early SEPT. I am convinced that is where my info "left the building".
My CC info was used to try to make 2 fraudulent online purchases totaling over $1000. Luckily Chase called me and all ended well for me.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
WDW2012
Mouseketeer

Was not there this past August but to throw in a "it happened to me" story, we went in 2009 and stayed at SSR. Not too long after we came back our credit card company called us for fraudulant activity and we cancelled, etc. Some months later we received a letter from Disney that our card may have been compromised if we were at the resort xx dates through xx dates. Seems one of their employees had some whole credit card scam going on. Sad, but it happens even at the happiest of places. So, sadly, it could even come from within WDW. Glad you got it resolved quickly.

'80/'83/'90 off-site; '93 CBR; '96 ASM; '98 Dolphin; '05 off-site; '09 THV; '10 YC; '12 SSR; '14 off-site

First Attempt at a Dining Report:
Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Corn Free but not free dining

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: