Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #46
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love the pool at AKL it's so purty.

I agree, it's a little confusing at first to get the layout of AKL when you're staying there.

Oh, your room entry was using the RFID technology, that's awesome!
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #47
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It's great that the resort you picked out for your mom for her gift trip ended up being one she enjoyed so much!
It was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydieaw View Post
Can't wait to hear what you think about the AOA LM rooms! Hopefully before our stay on halloween!
Hahaha! It won't be for a while yet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love the pool at AKL it's so purty.

I agree, it's a little confusing at first to get the layout of AKL when you're staying there.

Oh, your room entry was using the RFID technology, that's awesome!
DEAR GOD IT WAS CONFUSING. Seriously, I dont know how or why it was so confusing for us, it just was!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #48
katt789
DIS Veteran

It's Time To Fly!

Goood Morning! No Sleeping!!! The Halloween haunts were the ones to wake us up on our first official day of vacation! They had a little new wake up call that was all Halloween themed before Stitch interrupted with the usual banter! Yaaaay! Halloween is seriously my favsies! The phone rang bright at early at 6:50 for us! Errrrgg…my Mom wasn’t super happy with the super early morning, she thought I was crazy to have her up that early on vacation, oh the things she would learn haha! I took some time while getting ready to jump out on the balcony and take some pictures of our view!

Straight out front of the balcony! Was that, and off to the right hand side was over towards the lobby.

Way off in the distance there were some Ankole cattle, and there were always birds in that little pond right out front, but the giraffes and zebras were not to be seen this morning…boo…another day!

My mom made some coffee in the room and I drank the cold stuff from the night before (and immediately regretted it, seriously I wanted nothing more than a hot coffee that morning…oh well, ya gotta learn somehow haha) We were out the door and down to the bus stop by 7:25, and on the bus by 7:30, super excited to be starting our adventure!

I’m pretty sure we were the only people on the bus that morning, or at least one of two parties, there definitely weren’t a whole lot of people going from AKL to EMH that morning, that’s for sure. We got to Epcot and got into the park right at 7:50, we were rocking this!!

Since I knew we didn’t have a whole lot to do thanks to Test Track being closed, and a whole hour to do it all, we stopped for out first photopass pictures of the trip!

Aren’t we lovely?! Ha! We followed the small amount of crowd that there was towards the Land Pavilion, taking it all in.

I described Soarin to Mom on the way in, and explained that it had made me a little nauseous the last time I had been on it, and that I wasn’t sure about going on it again, so we grabbed some fast passes right away, and then talked it over, I told her she should go on it, but she was hesitant to go alone, and eventually, I manned up and said I would go on it and just suck it up, what’s the worst that could happen?

It was a nice and empty cue that morning!

The ceiling in this part is seriously cool, well, the ceilings and lights in Disney usually are, haha!! We seriously walked right onto the ride, well, into the little pre-show area, and landed in row one! Yay for parties of 2, seriously, I find you get seated super quickly on rides, so if you’re a party of 4 or 6 of something, split up when they ask you how many are in your group!

Gotta love Patrick! Especially the “store all loose items, and than includes these little things” Mickey Ears…baha! So, did I end up throwing up on the ride, or after getting off it? Baha! NOPE! Not even a little sick feeling! Yay! I made sure to keep my head back in the seat, and try to focus on the screen. When I was little and we had to go to Imax movies for school I’d always get bad headaches/dizzy and stuff, and still kind of have problems with 3D stuff, I’m not sure why, but Soarin was okay this time! Yay! I seriously forgot how awesome it is, that ride is great! The music, the sights, the smells, everything is awesome, and I am really glad that I ended up doing it!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #49
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Kat after all of your TRs that I've read, I feel like I'm finally seeing your real, true smile. (I assume the rest of the time it's more of your 'performer smile'). This makes me so happy. You look truly lovely and happy to be in WDW with your mom.

Did your mom enjoy Soarin? It's such a great ride. I'm glad that it wasn't too bad for you this time around.

Your poor mom thought she was going to sleep in and relax on this vacation? I bet you set her straight real quick.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #50
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Kat after all of your TRs that I've read, I feel like I'm finally seeing your real, true smile. (I assume the rest of the time it's more of your 'performer smile'). This makes me so happy. You look truly lovely and happy to be in WDW with your mom.

Did your mom enjoy Soarin? It's such a great ride. I'm glad that it wasn't too bad for you this time around.

Your poor mom thought she was going to sleep in and relax on this vacation? I bet you set her straight real quick.
Hahaha! That's possible, I've also been working on smiling more with my teeth, and it's gotten a lot more comfortable with it now baha.

She did, it was pretty awesome, I'm glad it was her first ride experience, and not something like EE, bahahaha.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #51
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Catch up time!

I just LOVE AKL. The lobby is just breathtaking.

That is so cool that you had a safari view. I stayed at Kidani last year and had a view of the parking lot, which stunk.

I am so bringing my mug back on my next trip since it is the same exact design. I just don’t get why the CMs say nothing to the people with the mugs that are from like 10 years ago.

Soarin’ is just awesome. So is the ceiling. And so is Patrick. Ok, Soarin’ is just perfect!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #52
cheshirecatattack
Mouseketeer

Hey I'm a little late but following along. Can't wait to read your next update!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #53
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Catch up time!

I just LOVE AKL. The lobby is just breathtaking.

That is so cool that you had a safari view. I stayed at Kidani last year and had a view of the parking lot, which stunk.

I am so bringing my mug back on my next trip since it is the same exact design. I just don’t get why the CMs say nothing to the people with the mugs that are from like 10 years ago.

Soarin’ is just awesome. So is the ceiling. And so is Patrick. Ok, Soarin’ is just perfect!

UGH ITS BEAUTIFUL. I nearly cried....although I think I'd cried all my tears out by the time we'd gotten there. Haha I thought about getting just a standard view/pool view (which I had originally paid for) then I was all "Uhm....you're already splurging, just splurge some more!

Yeah, I'll definitely be bringing my mugs back next trip. I now have 3 bahah!

I loved it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecatattack View Post
Hey I'm a little late but following along. Can't wait to read your next update!
Yay!! Glad you're here!

Old 10-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #54
katt789
DIS Veteran

Journeying Into the Future

The next thing on our early morning adventures was something that I had yet to do in Epcot yet, yes, yes, I know, I know, it’s seriously surprising, but at least I was doing it this time around…Spaceship Earth!!

I was intrigued to see how it was going to turn out, it seemed like a neat idea, but definitely not a thrill ride, haha. I also got a little nervous at the start when the sign’s all “dark and small spaces” ugh, no thank you…but really, not enough to worry about claustrophobia! No worries! (clearly I am crazy)

Definitely a lot of cool stuff in there, though I won’t lie….I don’t remember a whole lot about what was going on while it went through the whole “past” part haha! Proves how much attention I pay to things!

Then it was time for our future! (and behold, more ridiculous photos….)

…..I felt like we were going to be living in the Jetsons…seriously…that’s what all of this looked like! Haha, gotta love my childhood!

We stopped to email the picture to ourselves, but didn’t really take anytime playing around on anything else in the exit room, I also liked that they’d pull up your picture and trace it back to where you were from on the globe, cool idea!

Well…we were done everything that was open now…so what to do?! SHOP OF COURSE! Seriously…. Haha. I had bought an Ariel watch last Sept on a trip down, and the screen had kept popping out of the watch starting the Thursday before we left so I figured I’d just replace it while we were down there, so we headed over to MouseGears to check there. On the way in I also saw the Mickey ears I had seen in April, and really wanted didn’t buy, and then couldn’t find them again, so I snagged them up, along with some postcards. You see, I wanted to get things for my friends, but am seriously broke (all of my money goes into Disney and Dance haha) so I asked a bunch of them what their favorite Disney characters were, and figured I’d send post cards to them from Disney signed from the character! Yay!

Mom and I also spent some time just browsing and looking at all the awesome stuff out in the store, and a couple of the CM’s approached her asking if she wanted to trade any pins, and she completed her first pin trade of the day! Yay! (I had bought her a starter kit earlier in the year, and then ordered a bunch of Ebay to add to our lanyards to trade)

By this time we were slowly approaching 9:00am, so we headed BACK into the Land Pavilion to get some breakfast/snacks to tide us over until lunch. Now came the hard part of explaining the quick service part of the dining plan….seriously, it gets confusing to new comers, and I’d only been on it once, so remembering everything was a little hard, haha. I did check for my beloved fruit & cheese plate, but it probably would have been a full meal credit, and I really only wanted to use snack credits right now, so I passed, and chose some hard boiled eggs and a banana with a water.

Mom did the same, but got greek yogurt instead of the eggs, she said that hard boiled wasn’t her way to go, fair deal Mom, fair deal. It was good, pretty plain, obviously! With a quick stop at the bathroom, it was time to move on to our next destination!

Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #55
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you went to WDW so many times and had never tried Spaceship Earth! I love it in there! Sure it's not thrilling, but I find it very peaceful and relaxing. The perfect place to take a break!

Ok, totally off topic, but something's been bugging me and I know you are the perfect person to ask. In fact, I may even have already asked you months ago, but forgot. Where, oh where, is Tiana's meet and greet? yes, I know, Liberty Square, but where exactly? I've been staring at a MK map all day and I can't figure it out.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #56
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can't believe you went to WDW so many times and had never tried Spaceship Earth! I love it in there! Sure it's not thrilling, but I find it very peaceful and relaxing. The perfect place to take a break!

Ok, totally off topic, but something's been bugging me and I know you are the perfect person to ask. In fact, I may even have already asked you months ago, but forgot. Where, oh where, is Tiana's meet and greet? yes, I know, Liberty Square, but where exactly? I've been staring at a MK map all day and I can't figure it out.

Hahahahah yeah, there's still stuff I haven't gotten around to doing at WDW, some of it due to fear (RnR) and some stuff I just haven't done!

BAHA! Why on earth would I be the person to ask? It seriously gets sad when the handlers start to know who you are.... They greet in the little gazebo right across the bridge, it's kinda hidden behind the Christmas shop. When you're crossing into LS/Frontierland from the hub, you can either take a soft left turn or go straight, take the soft left and it's there!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #57
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Thank you! It's an area that I've never really explored, so no wonder I didn't know where it was. In fact, I think I only walked there once in all my time in the MK!!! And always with a purpose to get to some mountains...

That's one of the reason why I love WDW and want to go back again and again. No matter how much time you spend there, there will always be something new for you to try.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #58
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! It's an area that I've never really explored, so no wonder I didn't know where it was. In fact, I think I only walked there once in all my time in the MK!!! And always with a purpose to get to some mountains...

That's one of the reason why I love WDW and want to go back again and again. No matter how much time you spend there, there will always be something new for you to try.
Haha, no worries! I'm such a character person, I could tell ya where everyone is, and where you can expect people to pop up randomly. I know MK like the back of my hand, and better than the city I live in ha!

It's amazing!! I love how there's always something new to do, and new things to explore! After this trip I got a lot more into the dining aspect of things and I totally want to do more ADR meals! They're great!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #59
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can't believe in all of your trips you still hadn't done Spaceship Earth yet. For shame. At least you rectified that this time.

Hahahaha, I have this image of you riding Spaceship Earth like "oh pretty, oh shiny, oh.....wait what happened?"
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #60
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I can't believe in all of your trips you still hadn't done Spaceship Earth yet. For shame. At least you rectified that this time.

Hahahaha, I have this image of you riding Spaceship Earth like "oh pretty, oh shiny, oh.....wait what happened?"
Hahaha, yeah, it was pretty sad, but at least I got to it this time around! Bahaha! That's seriously all I remember from the ride, it was cool, and the best part was when they went through your future at the end.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: