Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

I'm joining in! What a rough start to your trip at least it can only go up from there. All is right in the world when your at Disney
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
pirateprincess1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #17
jane2073
Mother of an eight-year-old dinosaur expert. :)

Holy cow!! I was getting stressed just reading about your ordeal!! Glad you made it on the plane with your mom!!

My husband brought me a Tim Horton's donut when he went to Canada for a business trip.
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #18
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Aw, Denver's my local airport. It actually is quite nice (it's a big tent that's supposed to look like the Rockies)! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there, what airline were you flying? Denver's a big Frontier hub so that's who we fly and they've always treated us well! I'm glad you and your mother got everything worked out. I would NOT want to miss any Animal Kingdom Lodge time!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
I'm here...

What a way to start the trip!!!

So glad you found a nice agent that took care of you and got you to Disney!!!

Let the Magic begin!!!
Yay! Ugh, it was crazy, and honestly, I owe my sanity to that one single agent, she was amazing. I don't know whether she was just trying to do her job, took sympathy on the crying mess that was me, or just wanted to get rid of the crying mess, who knew?! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Wow Katt, talk about playing it close. So glad you got on that plane.
I'm amazed it happened, honestly, it was such a blur, and let's be serious, I've blocked most of it out! HA!
katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:17 AM   #20
katt789
DIS Veteran

Life Update #1 ->Your opinion??

Hey guys, I guess I can take this time to let you know: I will be doing "life updates" throughout this TR as well, so you are kept up on anything exciting/Disney related that is going on with my life.

SO, for any of you who have been my TR readers for a while now (number one, you're awesome and I love you) but mostly, you know about my obsession with wanting to work for Disney, whether that be as a dancer, parade/show mover, or character. Well, with Avatarland kinda in suspense right now, there's a possibility that FOTLK may close in January....so I started putting more hope towards Dream Along With Mickey recently, and after an amazing experience this past trip, I really wish I could be up on that stage. Last year, they had auditions in Spring for all the dancers, well, lo and behold,I check the audition website today (daily, let's be serious) and:

THE DREAM ALONG WITH MICKEY AUDITIONS ARE IN TWO WEEKS.

In Chicago... I. AM. DYING. I freaked out at work, and immediately got online to a couple of dance studios to see how much cramming I could do before then, and honestly, I think I'd be more than okay. I'd also have to kick it up at the gym, but again, it is two whole weeks. Money isn't really an issue this time, I think I'd be able to afford everything, Chicago isn't as far as Orlando to go.

I'd be flying down Oct 21st, audition the 22nd, and fly home the 23rd.

So....do you think I should do it?? Or should I hold off & wait to see if they do continue FOTLK/do any dancer auditions in the spring?? What if I'm not ready?!

AAAAHHHH

Any words of advice are greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
SweetMommy
DIS Veteran

Hey Katt, I've never posted before but having been reading your trip reports faithfully! I think you are awesome I definitely think you should go try out if your heart so desires! I know w/ all your determination, something will definitely come through for you. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing all about it.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #22
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

It's close... It's cheap... It's a quick trip... Just do it!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #23
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Of course you should go! As much as FOTLK is your ultimate dream, there are less dancers in there, and with the possibility of it closing for a while, you have a better chance with the other shows/parades. I have a feeling that no matter which show or parade you end up a part of, you're going to enjoy it immensely!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #24
bluechic03
DIS Veteran

You should definitely do it!!!! If u don't get it then u can use it as a learning experience for the FOTLK auditions! But I think you will get it anyway and then I will wave to you from the crowd!

An April Dining Report!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post48266800
bluechic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #25
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
I'm joining in! What a rough start to your trip at least it can only go up from there. All is right in the world when your at Disney
Exactly!! Disney is love, and everything is amazing there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
Holy cow!! I was getting stressed just reading about your ordeal!! Glad you made it on the plane with your mom!!

My husband brought me a Tim Horton's donut when he went to Canada for a business trip.
Ugh! Horrible, and thank you, I was quite relieved! Hahah, I don't even really eat the donuts, its the coffee, it's the brand I use at home too haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing! Aw, Denver's my local airport. It actually is quite nice (it's a big tent that's supposed to look like the Rockies)! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there, what airline were you flying? Denver's a big Frontier hub so that's who we fly and they've always treated us well! I'm glad you and your mother got everything worked out. I would NOT want to miss any Animal Kingdom Lodge time!
Hahaha, it was a gong show, but I definitely don't blame the airport, it was the airline, United, that just didn't want to do anything to help us out. Thanks!! I was kinda upset, I booked the super early flight so we'd have time to really explore the resort and check things out (in the sunlight haha)
Old 10-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #26
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

I would go for it for sure!!!!!! I know you wanted FOTLK ... but Dream Along with Mickey is not a bad second choice. I wish you all the best of luck with whatever you choose~

StitchsGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I would definitely do the Dream Along with Mickey auditions. If you get that job, it's still a dream! I know FOTLK is the end state, but I think in the end, getting your foot in the door is what you'd want to do.

Plus, you know, I think Chicago is awesome. But I might be a bit bias.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #28
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMommy
Hey Katt, I've never posted before but having been reading your trip reports faithfully! I think you are awesome I definitely think you should go try out if your heart so desires! I know w/ all your determination, something will definitely come through for you. Good luck, and I look forward to hearing all about it.
Hi!! Thank you so much for your kind words! I do really want to go, im just not sure if a 2 week crash course will get me to where i need to be haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey
It's close... It's cheap... It's a quick trip... Just do it!!!
If it works out to be cheap enough, ill be more likely to go haha
Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #29
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel
Of course you should go! As much as FOTLK is your ultimate dream, there are less dancers in there, and with the possibility of it closing for a while, you have a better chance with the other shows/parades. I have a feeling that no matter which show or parade you end up a part of, you're going to enjoy it immensely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechic03
You should definitely do it!!!! If u don't get it then u can use it as a learning experience for the FOTLK auditions! But I think you will get it anyway and then I will wave to you from the crowd!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchsGurl
I would go for it for sure!!!!!! I know you wanted FOTLK ... but Dream Along with Mickey is not a bad second choice. I wish you all the best of luck with whatever you choose~
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck
I would definitely do the Dream Along with Mickey auditions. If you get that job, it's still a dream! I know FOTLK is the end state, but I think in the end, getting your foot in the door is what you'd want to do.

Plus, you know, I think Chicago is awesome. But I might be a bit bias.
To everyone, thank you for all the awesome encouraging words!! Youre all awesome!! I really will enjoy anything that involves performing there. Im too short to dance in B&tB, and with the chance of FOTLK show closing next year, I dont know if I should bother waiting til Spring. However, i havent heard back from the online submissions yet, so Im just hesitant, if I can find a cheap enough flight, Ill totally do it.

Danielle!! Ack!! Youre totally from there! Didnt realize! Ha!! If I make it down & youve got free time we should meet up or something!!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #30
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
To everyone, thank you for all the awesome encouraging words!! Youre all awesome!! I really will enjoy anything that involves performing there. Im too short to dance in B&tB, and with the chance of FOTLK show closing next year, I dont know if I should bother waiting til Spring. However, i havent heard back from the online submissions yet, so Im just hesitant, if I can find a cheap enough flight, Ill totally do it.

Danielle!! Ack!! Youre totally from there! Didnt realize! Ha!! If I make it down & youve got free time we should meet up or something!!
If you fly in on Sunday, we could figure something out for sure.
IheartDDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: