Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrode View Post
Oh yeah, guess I should have mentioned that. There's 8 in our party, including a 4yo, a 3yo and a 2yo.
Thanks for the suggestions im thinking of cutting RFC... two sit downs in one day may be a lot for the littles anyway.
I was going to suggest cutting Coral Reef too (really hated our meal there) but seeing your post, I agree that you want to probably cut RFC. I think you're right that 2 TS meals in one day might be too much for the kids.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #17
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrode View Post
We are currently over booked 1 meal... I'd like to just pay for it. But my in-laws aren't seeing it that way. We only need to cut 1, which would you cut?
1900 Park Fare - dinner
Crystal Palace - dinner
Coral Reef - dinner
Tusker House - lunch
Rainforest Cafe - dinner
T-rex - lunch
Hollywood and Vine - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - breakfast
I would skip Hollywood and Vine. I'm assuming you are on the DDP. Unless it's a character breakfast I typically think breakfast's aren't the best use of a dining credit.
ETA: Oops, I didn't notice RFC. That was my least fav meal on our last trip....although the kids did seem to like it!

Last edited by ksromack; 10-03-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: oops
ksromack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #18
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I was going to say H&V because I didn't realize it was a character breakfast...it sounds like fun! So maybe TH or RFC because like you said, 2 TS meals in one day may be a lot unless one is breakfast and one is dinner.

Last edited by loveshak22; 10-03-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Wrong info
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #19
gabzee
DIS Veteran

I would probably cut either T-Rex or RFC. Both are very similar and not very unique or good. Also, be aware that the restaurant can be loud (there are "meteor showers", etc.) that the little ones may or may not like. Since you know them best, I would think about this before going.

I also have to agree with PPs regarding Coral Reef. The food is really not good. I don't know if you chose to go there because of the fish tank but you could always visit the Nemo attraction that has tons of fish tanks. I would definitely suggest that you try on of the restaurants in the world showcase. It is a great experience and they are some of the best restaurant in the park at WDW. All of the restaurants are kid friendly but Teppan Edo and Via Napoli are both great for kid and have great food. Teppan Edo is a hibachi restaurant (they cook the food in front of you) and Via Napoli has some of the best pizza I have ever had (they also have plated entrees).

gabzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #20
Ambrode
Earning My Ears

We do not have a RFC near us, but it's still on the chopping block.
Im kindda sad to hear such bad things about H&V. It is in fact a character meal with some of the kids favorites (Manny, Oso, Jake and June) :/
We did pick Coral Reef because of the fish tanks and thought the kids would love it, im also dissapointed to hear it's not that good. But glad I asked. Hopefully we can get a reservation at a different place now. But 14 days out with 8 of us Im thinking probably not...
Thanks for everyones input.
Ambrode is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: