Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
p44nmun
Earning My Ears

Cape May breakfast versus Chef Mickey?

We have reservations at both breakfasts on our upcoming trip, but have done chef mickeys numerous times in the past. If you had to do only one, and have done chef Mic before, would you choose cape may for something different? Or is cape may not even close to as great? Never been, so looking for some opinions.
p44nmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
bmccarthybuzz
Earning My Ears

While both are fine, my family prefers O'hana for a character breakfast. We have two boys and have been to all of the non-girl character breakfasts except for the Tusker House. So far O'hana tops them all.
bmccarthybuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
turftoega
Family sherpa and pack mule

You get more characters at Chef Mickey's. We have eaten at both and I seem to recall the food was very similar. One thing that might factor into a decision (other than getting more characters so you don't lose park time in a line) is where you are going to be for the start of your day. If you're going to be at the MK, Chef Mickey's is a pretty great place to start. If you're going to be at EPCOT, Cape May is closer so there is that consideration.

turftoega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

We've eaten at both many times and while we love Chef Mickey's, if I had to pick between the two, it would be Cape May. Cape May is one of our favorite places for breakfast (with Ohana running a very close second) and is a must do for us every trip.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

The Cape May character breakfast is very good, but the characters are limited. They have Goofy and Chip and Dale. I can't remember who else was there. But they do seem to visit the tables frequently.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
The Cape May character breakfast is very good, but the characters are limited. They have Goofy and Chip and Dale. I can't remember who else was there. But they do seem to visit the tables frequently.
The characters at cape may are not goofy chip & dale. Its Minnie, Goofy, & Donald actually.

There is no comparison between the two. Chef Mickeys food is not great at all. I found it to be very disappointing in terms of food quality and variety. The atmosphere isnt great either. The best part were the characters.

Cape May is much prettier, a lot quieter, and the food is delish in terms of variety & quality, something chef mickeys lack. I also love the characters, they come around quite quickly. I'd go again in a heart beat.

Alternatively, we also love Tusker House breakfast. Food is very good, amazing variety & quality. characters are cute, but it can take forever to come around.

Ohana has also been a favourite of ours. So gorgeous. Very relaxing. Great food. Not a huge variety but good enough for us. bacon, sausage, potatoes, eggs, pineapple bread, fruit, waffles, coffee, juice.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #7
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

I would do whihcever is most convenient to get to with your scehdule and location.

We've done both numberous times and enjoy both. For brekfast, we find the food quality of all the buffets to bee good...yes different breakfasts ahve different "signature" choices, but all in all - they all have eggs, breakfast meats, cereals, pateries, fruit, etc.

Chef Mickey's is bigger and noisier. DS loves the location with the monorail and large murals of Contmeporary.

Cape May is one of my all time favorites..it's smaller, a bit more subdued. When we went this Aug, the characters were Minnie, Goofy and Donald. the food is good as well. When we stay at BWV we go to Cape May often as it is so convenient.

BTW - another great breakfast in BW area though not character is Kouzzina.

Again, with breakfast, especially if you have an earlier reservation, I find the key to go the one that is most convenient to get to on the day you choose. If it's an MK day or you're staying at a monorail resort...then Chef Mickey.

If it's a DHS or EPCOT day or your'e staying at YC, BC or BW then Cape May.

Either way, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
p44nmun
Earning My Ears

Thanks all for the info. I think we might try cape may instead this year because of all your good reviews. It's just hard giving up that chef mickey reservation that I got up so early in the morning to book:-)
Glad to hear we will be happy either way!
p44nmun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: