Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #76
mlittig
DIS Veteran
 
mlittig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern Massachusetts
Posts: 5,372

Glad it all worked out for you I upgraded my 10 park hopper tickets to AP's at Hollywood Studios (after using them to get in first) and had no problems at all, thanks to the DISboards I had it figured down to the last penny
__________________

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #77
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!
 
BuzzLiteyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)
Posts: 2,006

Very glad it all worked out for you.
BuzzLiteyear is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #78
kneemeister
Mouseketeer
 
kneemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 4 miles north of Ohio, 15 East of Indiana
Posts: 155

I actually was able to upgrade a 9 day PH will-call voucher, at a ticket window at Epcot to a Regular AP. The CM offered to bridge it on the spot without using it to get in the park first and she had no problems. I had her give me the value vs. what I paid before proceeding and indeed the Value was The $48 more than I paid.
I was really shocked as I was a firm believer in the use first before upgrade rule but the difference was the $211.00 that I figured before I got to the park
__________________
Dave Kneebush




I've lost track, two or three trips every year since 2001. With five or six trips to Disneyland thrown in for good measure, one trip even included 5 days at Disneyland, followed by three in Atlanta, then a day at the Magic Kingdom followed by a 24 hr layover at Disneyland. It was surreal doing both Magic Kingdoms in 48 hrs.
kneemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #79
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneemeister View Post
I was really shocked as I was a firm believer in the use first before upgrade rule but the difference was the $211.00 that I figured before I got to the park
You should still believe that rule.

What happened to you was "Pixie Dust" from that CM, who simply did the bridge, pre-use, as a courtesy.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #80
JessicaW1234
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 143

I'm new at this. I have 7day tix from UT. (no hopper) We are going in Jan. If we wanted to upgrade to AP, can someone walk me through the math? We paid $ 250/each for them.
JessicaW1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #81
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW1234 View Post
I'm new at this. I have 7day tix from UT. (no hopper) We are going in Jan. If we wanted to upgrade to AP, can someone walk me through the math? We paid $ 250/each for them.
It does not matter at all what you paid for your tickets for the purposes of upgrading.

The basic rule of upgrading is:

After using your ticket to go into a Theme Park at least one time...

Subtract the current gate price of the ticket that you HAVE, from the current gate price of the ticket that you WANT.
Pay the difference, plus tax, for the upgrade.

HERE are the current gate prices for tickets.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #82
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaW1234 View Post
I'm new at this. I have 7day tix from UT. (no hopper) We are going in Jan. If we wanted to upgrade to AP, can someone walk me through the math? We paid $ 250/each for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
It does not matter at all what you paid for your tickets for the purposes of upgrading.

The basic rule of upgrading is:

After using your ticket to go into a Theme Park at least one time...

Subtract the current gate price of the ticket that you HAVE, from the current gate price of the ticket that you WANT.
Pay the difference, plus tax, for the upgrade.

HERE are the current gate prices for tickets.
$574 AP Adult (Standard "tourist" AP)

(minus)

$288 7-Day Adult Base Ticket

(equals)

$286 Difference
(plus)
$18.59 Tax

(equals)

$304.59 to upgrade, per ticket.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #83
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!
 
Robo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: In the Magic Mirror, I'm closer than I appear.
Posts: 78,804

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
OP here, we persevered and was given a gift card for $47.95 (the difference in what we should have saved the first time). Yay!
It feels good to know that with the help of DIS posters, guests can get the proper upgrade prices if they
know what they should be paying, and stick to their knowledge at the ticket counter.

AND NOW-
The next time you, SamSam, read a post from someone who is unsure about a ticket upgrade, you can post that you got the correct transaction handled by asking a CM who was properly trained, and knew the correct upgrade policies.

These boards offer a great community of experienced posters who can offer help with Disney policies and procedures.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #84
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney
 
dburg30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 6,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
It feels good to know that with the help of DIS posters, guests can get the proper upgrade prices if they
know what they should be paying, and stick to their knowledge at the ticket counter.

AND NOW-
The next time you, SamSam, read a post from someone who is unsure about a ticket upgrade, you can post that you got the correct transaction handled by asking a CM who was properly trained, and knew the correct upgrade policies.

These boards offer a great community of experienced posters who can offer help with Disney policies and procedures.
Yup, it sure does, and they will also gently let you know if what you are trying to do ISNT 'legal', which in this case was quite obviously NOT the case.
__________________
Join me for a recap of the 2014 DOPEY 4 race challenge on facebook at Darrell Goes Dopey!
dburg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #85
SamSam

DIS Veteran
 
SamSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Yup, it sure does, and they will also gently let you know if what you are trying to do ISNT 'legal', which in this case was quite obviously NOT the case.
Yes, had the first CM questioned us more she would have known we were legit. It seemed like she made up her mind right away that she wasn't going to bridge the ticket (I say that in hindsight). Our second CM was wonderful and 'gently' explained what the problem may have been. (I had never heard of people trying to scam WDW ticket upgrading before).


Robo- I've always admired your expertise on these boards. It was more of a personal problem in letting ourselves be intimidated by a Supervisor. Won't happen again! I will definitely encourage people to stick to their guns and have all the facts they need to proceed with a ticket upgrade.
__________________
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #86
dis-happy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,141

My favorite quote from my last ticketing upgrade adventure....the CM at MK said I sure did seem to know a lot about how their ticketing system worked.
dis-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #87
kneemeister
Mouseketeer
 
kneemeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 4 miles north of Ohio, 15 East of Indiana
Posts: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
You should still believe that rule.

What happened to you was "Pixie Dust" from that CM, who simply did the bridge, pre-use, as a courtesy.
I wondered if that was the case, as I told her I was going to upgrade later that day before I left to check into my hotel, thats when she said she could bridge it right there, and not have to waist time at GS. Se offered before I even brought up bridging! She also told me to take my parking ticket to GS latter to see if I could get the 14.00 back for that too. Which I did at Epcot GS the next morning. It really did make my vacation begin on a great note.
__________________
Dave Kneebush




I've lost track, two or three trips every year since 2001. With five or six trips to Disneyland thrown in for good measure, one trip even included 5 days at Disneyland, followed by three in Atlanta, then a day at the Magic Kingdom followed by a 24 hr layover at Disneyland. It was surreal doing both Magic Kingdoms in 48 hrs.
kneemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: