Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
What day did you attempt this?

From Oct 1st until Dec 31st, DVC members get $300 off the cost of a Premium AP.
Wow. That's good to know. We were going to skip renewing our APs but with $300 off a PAP we might reconsider. Of course, we're due to check out on 12/30 because our passes expire on the 29th .
Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #17
TeamBlack
Mouseketeer

The AP must be the wrinkle from the transaction. We price bridged package tickets to include WPF&M on Sept 20th at TL, so I know they still price bridge. The only problem I had was they had to seperate my tickets. Our KTTW cards held our DDP credits and the new tickets(paper) held our park admissions and water park F&M credits. It was kind of a pain to carry around 2 sets of tickets, but well worth it to add WPF&M for only $23.00/person.

CF assured me that if I went to TL to price bridge, I probably won't have any issues. Sure enough, the CM kind of acted like she didn't know what price bridging was at first. But when I asked to speak to a manager, she suddenly remembered what it was. I don't know what that was all about. It was almost as if she wanted my to pay the full rate of $257 for the upgrade as appossed to the $92 after price bridging?

Anybody else experience this?
July 1984
TeamBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #18
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
Thanks everyone, I felt really stupid and once she said she was a supervisor, I didn't feel like I had any options.
Supervisor or not, she made an error that cost you money that is rightfully yours.

Remember that "Disney" did not cheat you,
but that Cast Member did by not using the correct procedures that Disney has in place.

I watch these kind of threads year-after-year.
Guests who pursue the situation will end up getting the transaction adjusted in the
proper way.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #19
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
For sure subscribing to this one. Since I'll be doing it next weekend..

One question though, you said you wouldnt use the premium AP, but isnt it cheaper right now then renewing a regular dvc ap?? Or is the renewal still slightly cheaper?
The renewal is still slightly cheaper and since we don't do the water parks or Disney Quest, the premium is not the best deal for us. It's certainly a great deal for most people!

I hope those of you who are planning to bridge your tickets let us all know how your experience goes.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #20
IggyLans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Raise your hand if you read threads like this and think to yourself "I hope I run into Cheshire Figment the next time I try to do an upgrade."

'96CBR; '05ASMo; '06CBR; '07POFQ; '07DVC!; '08SSR; '09BWV; '10VB; '10BCV; '11VB; '11SSR; '11BWV; '12VB/SSR/Cruise;
'12AK/BWV; 1/13BWV/OKW; 3/13VB; 11/13DCL/BWV; 1/14SSR-10K; 3/14 VB; 7/14 AKL/BWV
IggyLans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
hakepb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The renewal is still slightly cheaper and since we don't do the water parks or Disney Quest, the premium is not the best deal for us. It's certainly a great deal for most people!

I hope those of you who are planning to bridge your tickets let us all know how your experience goes.
What about merchandise? Doesn't the PAP get a 20% merchandise discount instead of 10?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
For others, it bears repeating - if they try to charge you more than what you have determined the price should be, ask them to check that again. If they say "we don't do that anymore" or anything else like that, take your tickets back, say never mind and go to a different location.
This is 100% right. As far as I know, this whole process is very "manual" so the CM has to do it the right way. Some CMs are more capable than others.

Anecdotally, I've often heard that the EP GR location is one that is often less capable, whereas the MK GR location is much more on the ball.
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #23
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noble View Post
Anecdotally, I've often heard that the EP GR location is one that is often less capable, whereas the MK GR location is much more on the ball.
Luck-of-the-draw.
Individual CM's change jobs, locations, and experience days off and vacations.
New CM's get added to the mix.
More experienced CM's retire from Disney.
The mix changes all the time, even within the same week.

BTW, the worst "ongoing upgrade story" I've ever read involved DAK Guest Relations.
Yet, I've also read that other guests have had no upgrade problems at DAK.

It's all about Timing.

And, -absolutely- KNOWING exactly what your upgrade should cost ahead of time.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #24
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We attempted it today, Oct. 3. We really wouldn't use the Premium, so we were just renewing a DVC regular annual.

Thanks everyone, I felt really stupid and once she said she was a supervisor, I didn't feel like I had any options.
This happened to me a few years ago. I did get it worked out but I have quit the UT trick. It's not worth the hassle or the increased cost.... if you can't get it bridged.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #25
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakepb View Post
What about merchandise? Doesn't the PAP get a 20% merchandise discount instead of 10?
I have heard that but we don't buy much merchandise. We do use the TIW card for meals and that saves us quite a bit because we eat mostly table service and usually have drinks with dinner.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have been doing the research and was sure of how to go about it, but it did not work.
I purchased a 7 day MYW ticket from Undercover Tourist and we were using that to renew DH's DVC Annual Pass.
He used his 7 day today as we entered Epcot and we walked to the front customer service because I had read that the cm's there were more likely to know what to do.
Dh presented his old AP, and the new 7 day MYW and the cm (a supervisor) went to work. When she said that will be $151.26, I said that wasn't the figures I had...did she bridge the ticket? She said they no longer do that.
I then said then let's stop the transaction and we'll take care of it later. She said, I'm a supervisor and this is the way it is now and all I can do for you now is give you a gift card for $258.00 (the price we paid for the 7day, instead of the $306.72 gate price) because she had preceeded to far into the transaction to back out.
What! So we went ahead and had her upgrade.
This is what I had figured:
Renewing AP (dvc) $410.00
less a 7 day bridged ticket =$306.72

We ended up only getting credit towards the DVC AP in the amount of $258.77 because she said that's how they're doing it

Sorry to be so wordy, but i was flabbergasted after reading how many people recently haven't had any trouble.
Did they give you credit for the price that UT paid to Disney, or the price that you paid to UT?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #27
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

slightly off tangent but still in the ball park..

Do they take tax into account on the initial ticket even if you didnt pay tax on it .So for example, my 6day PH pass will have a gate value of 278+57= 335..
I will be upgrading to a DVC PAP for the $399.. Will they credit just $335 so I will pay 399 + 25.94 tax (6.5) - 335 or will I pay (399+25.94)-(335+21.78)
First way is $89.94 difference other is 68.16 difference.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #28
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
slightly off tangent but still in the ball park..

Do they take tax into account on the initial ticket even if you didnt pay tax on it .So for example, my 6day PH pass will have a gate value of 278+57= 335..
I will be upgrading to a DVC PAP for the $399.. Will they credit just $335 so I will pay 399 + 25.94 tax (6.5) - 335 or will I pay (399+25.94)-(335+21.78)
First way is $89.94 difference other is 68.16 difference.
I did this Monday (with the same ticket that you have) and paid $68.16. You did pay tax on the ticket that you bought from UT. It was built into the price.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #29
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post
Did they give you credit for the price that UT paid to Disney, or the price that you paid to UT?
I had written down what renewing would cost $410.00
What a 7 day ticket from the gate would be: 306.72

The difference if she had bridged the ticket would have been $104.00, we were charged 151.26 because she didn't bridge it.

I looked up our charge from UT and it was $261.95, she credited us $258.77...not sure why there's that small amount of difference, but that's the way it was.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #30
alex9179
DIS Veteran

OP, I appreciate the head's up regarding potential difficulty. I just entered the pricing info into my phone notes along with the procedure for bridging given by CF in his ticket sticky. If I run into trouble, at least I'll know how it should be done and find someone who understands, eventually.

I think CMs are getting confused because of the change in policy regarding bridging tickets purchased directly from Disney. Since they don't do that anymore, some probably think bridging isn't allowed at all.
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: