Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
SamSam

DIS Veteran
 
SamSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,006

Price Bridging Did not work for us = Update on Post #69


I have been doing the research and was sure of how to go about it, but it did not work.
I purchased a 7 day MYW ticket from Undercover Tourist and we were using that to renew DH's DVC Annual Pass.
He used his 7 day today as we entered Epcot and we walked to the front customer service because I had read that the cm's there were more likely to know what to do.
Dh presented his old AP, and the new 7 day MYW and the cm (a supervisor) went to work. When she said that will be $151.26, I said that wasn't the figures I had...did she bridge the ticket? She said they no longer do that.
I then said then let's stop the transaction and we'll take care of it later. She said, I'm a supervisor and this is the way it is now and all I can do for you now is give you a gift card for $258.00 (the price we paid for the 7day, instead of the $306.72 gate price) because she had preceeded to far into the transaction to back out.
What! So we went ahead and had her upgrade.
This is what I had figured:
Renewing AP (dvc) $410.00
less a 7 day bridged ticket =$306.72

We ended up only getting credit towards the DVC AP in the amount of $258.77 because she said that's how they're doing it

Sorry to be so wordy, but i was flabbergasted after reading how many people recently haven't had any trouble.
__________________

Last edited by SamSam; 10-07-2012 at 04:05 PM.
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!
 
BuzzLiteyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)
Posts: 2,033

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam

I have been doing the research and was sure of how to go about it, but it did not work.
I purchased a 7 day MYW ticket from Undercover Tourist and we were using that to renew DH's DVC Annual Pass.
He used his 7 day today as we entered Epcot and we walked to the front customer service because I had read that the cm's there were more likely to know what to do.
Dh presented his old AP, and the new 7 day MYW and the cm (a supervisor) went to work. When she said that will be $151.26, I said that wasn't the figures I had...did she bridge the ticket? She said they no longer do that.
I then said then let's stop the transaction and we'll take care of it later. She said, I'm a supervisor and this is the way it is now and all I can do for you now is give you a gift card for $258.00 (the price we paid for the 7day, instead of the $306.72 gate price) because she had preceeded to far into the transaction to back out.
What! So we went ahead and had her upgrade.
This is what I had figured:
Renewing AP (dvc) $410.00
less a 7 day bridged ticket =$306.72

We ended up only getting credit towards the DVC AP in the amount of $258.77 because she said that's how they're doing it

Sorry to be so wordy, but i was flabbergasted after reading how many people recently haven't had any trouble.
Oh no, that's terrible. We ended up purchasing our AP's on line when the price went up, so this won't affect us until next year.
__________________
Me DW DD (Skylar) DD (Savannah) DS (Gabriel)
dona nobis pacem
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Jestocost
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Posts: 6,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post

I have been doing the research and was sure of how to go about it, but it did not work.
I purchased a 7 day MYW ticket from Undercover Tourist and we were using that to renew DH's DVC Annual Pass.
He used his 7 day today as we entered Epcot and we walked to the front customer service because I had read that the cm's there were more likely to know what to do.
Dh presented his old AP, and the new 7 day MYW and the cm (a supervisor) went to work. When she said that will be $151.26, I said that wasn't the figures I had...did she bridge the ticket? She said they no longer do that.
I then said then let's stop the transaction and we'll take care of it later. She said, I'm a supervisor and this is the way it is now and all I can do for you now is give you a gift card for $258.00 (the price we paid for the 7day, instead of the $306.72 gate price) because she had preceeded to far into the transaction to back out.
What! So we went ahead and had her upgrade.
This is what I had figured:
Renewing AP (dvc) $410.00
less a 7 day bridged ticket =$306.72

We ended up only getting credit towards the DVC AP in the amount of $258.77 because she said that's how they're doing it

Sorry to be so wordy, but i was flabbergasted after reading how many people recently haven't had any trouble.
The only time I've heard of people having big problems is when they have been trying to bridge and get the renewal price on a DVC AP in that exact combination. Even then I think it eventually turned out that they should have been able to do it.

Sorry you had so much trouble with it. Hopefully the DISer with this same problem a while back will find this thread and post how it was resolved in the end.
__________________
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B




Last edited by Jestocost; 10-03-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran
 
Reddog1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,720

What day did you attempt this?

From Oct 1st until Dec 31st, DVC members get $300 off the cost of a Premium AP.
__________________
The twins are coming
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
SamSam

DIS Veteran
 
SamSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
What day did you attempt this?

From Oct 1st until Dec 31st, DVC members get $300 off the cost of a Premium AP.
We attempted it today, Oct. 3. We really wouldn't use the Premium, so we were just renewing a DVC regular annual.

Thanks everyone, I felt really stupid and once she said she was a supervisor, I didn't feel like I had any options.
__________________
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
chartle
DIS Veteran
 
chartle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pgh
Posts: 14,507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
The only time I've heard of people having big problems is when they have been trying to bridge and get the renewal price on a DVC AP in that exact combination. Even then I think it eventually turned out that they should have been able to do it.

Sorry you had so much trouble with it. Hopefully the DISer with this same problem a while back will find this thread and post how it was resolved in the end.
I was following that thread and I think the conclusion was the initial CM and the manager were both wrong. So just because there was a Supervisor involved doesn't mean they got it right.

SamSam I would also send a note to UT to see if they have anything to add. They may have channels not open to you.
__________________
'77 FW Campsite, '99 FW Cabin, Feb '06 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, Aug '08 Offsite, Feb '10 Off site Magical Music Days Band Trip, May '11 Offsite, Dec '13 Offsite
ME DW DS24 DS22
chartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.
 
seashoreCM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 21,426

Get a second opinion at another Guest Relations booth. If that does not work, wait until you get back home and write a snail mail letter to Disney higher up stating that you were overcharged and that the amount you should have been charged was X and that you wish to be refunded the difference of Y.

It is perfectly legitimate for the mail response from Disney headquarters to be that they no longer bridge certain kinds of upgrades, provided that the rule applies to everybody from here on out.
__________________
Last Disney trip: December 2010.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran
 
Reddog1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,720

Raise your hand if you read threads like this and think to yourself "I hope I run into Cheshire Figment the next time I try to do an upgrade."
__________________
The twins are coming
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,599

I'm sorry that happened to you. You should go to Guest Relations and get your money back that you were overcharged.

For others, it bears repeating - if they try to charge you more than what you have determined the price should be, ask them to check that again. If they say "we don't do that anymore" or anything else like that, take your tickets back, say never mind and go to a different location.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
SamSam

DIS Veteran
 
SamSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Kansas
Posts: 7,006

Thank you all for your suggestions. We were at guest relations, so if we go to another and try to explain the situation it could be a little frustrating. I would do it, but not sure DH will go along with it. I'll talk to him and see if he's game to make the attempt, after all $40.00 is $40.00 - a couple of counter service meals at least.

If we don't visit another guest relations I will definitely mail a letter explaining our experience. If protocol has changed, I understand but if just had a misinformed supervisor then I would like to get the difference back.

Yes, I wish Cheshire Figment had been right at my side during the exchange.
__________________
SamSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!
 
Raenstoirm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Maryland Near DC
Posts: 5,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Raise your hand if you read threads like this and think to yourself "I hope I run into Cheshire Figment the next time I try to do an upgrade."


Although I will say when we bridged last year, we had no problems, so I guess we got a good CM (it was at guest relations on main st btw).
__________________
















Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary






Raenstoirm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
wehavesix
Yes, I really have 6 kids
Yes, I'm crazy but in a good way
One minute I was walking along and the next I was falling
 
wehavesix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
Posts: 989

We had no trouble upgrading our UT tickets in June. But our son had to go to 3 different guest relations in 3 different parks before successfully upgrading his UT tickets, with bridging, to APs. Even then he had to insist that they call upper management. Even the supervisor tried to say they couldn't bridge the tickets. Once they called someone higher up, they did the transaction with no problem.

I do think it is wise to always ask them to tell you what it will cost before allowing them to do the upgrade so you don't find yourself stuck like that. That way you can always walk away. That's what we did and what our son did. We were lucky enough to get a very knowledgeable cm the first time.

OP, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I hope you will follow up and get refund. Being a supervisor doesn't mean a person knows everything he/she should!
__________________
wehavesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
dapod423
Mouseketeer
 
dapod423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lake Grove, NY
Posts: 342

I did this in June and I prefaced my transaction with "I don't want to be rude but do you know how to bridge tickets?" Luckily I got someone who did and when I told her what I wanted to do she left, spoke to a supervisor and returned. They had just started a new policy that they could no longer price bridge tickets that were bought on property. I assured her they were not. They were 6day PH from UT. She was able to complete the transaction to the penny. She did say that she was sure eventually they would stop bridging all tickets. Maybe that has happened.

Darn Disney for being savy to our ways. I'm sure Cheshire Figment can confirm whether or not the price bridging has stopped.
__________________
Allison
9/87- Off-site, 3/02- Off-site, 10/03-Port Orleans Riverside, 4/06- Grand Floridian, 5/10- Port Orleans French Quarter, 9/10- Saratoga Springs (1st trip as DVC Member), 10/10- DCL Wonder, 10/10- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 5/11- Pop Century, 10/11-DCL Magic/ Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village, 1/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, Saratoga Springs 6/12, 10/12- DCL Dream/Villas at Wilderness Lodge, 12/12- Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House, 4/13- Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani Village
dapod423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney
 
dburg30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 6,954

For sure subscribing to this one. Since I'll be doing it next weekend..

One question though, you said you wouldnt use the premium AP, but isnt it cheaper right now then renewing a regular dvc ap?? Or is the renewal still slightly cheaper?
__________________
Join me for a recap of the 2014 DOPEY 4 race challenge on facebook at Darrell Goes Dopey!
dburg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #15
vicki_c
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 23,599

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapod423 View Post
I did this in June and I prefaced my transaction with "I don't want to be rude but do you know how to bridge tickets?" Luckily I got someone who did and when I told her what I wanted to do she left, spoke to a supervisor and returned. They had just started a new policy that they could no longer price bridge tickets that were bought on property. I assured her they were not. They were 6day PH from UT. She was able to complete the transaction to the penny. She did say that she was sure eventually they would stop bridging all tickets. Maybe that has happened.

Darn Disney for being savy to our ways. I'm sure Cheshire Figment can confirm whether or not the price bridging has stopped.
It has not for tickets purchased NOT directly from Disney. So any 3rd party selling tickets including Disney resort packages, Disney store, Undercover Tourist, MapleLeaf Tickets, etc. will still have their tickets bridged. If you buy them at the gate, they will not bridge those. That started in June, when you said you were there. For the first week or so, there was much confusion about the new policy.
__________________
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: