Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #16
our2disneygirls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
When I called them they said even though their site says its Verizon service you will be charged international roaming!!! Beware!! You may also gey a different answer depending on who you speak to! I'm on vacation my cell will be locked in the room safe!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Another warning ... We have Verizon and were on the Fantasy this past May. We generally pull the batteries from our phones and put them in the safe when we're in port the first day. We couldn't do that for my wife's Iphone, but the battery was nearly dead. The last night we pulled it out and charged it. We turned it on the next morning with the ship in port. We still got some additional charge on our account. I called Verizon and they told me that whenever you are on the ship, your call goes through the ships system, even if you are in port. How they can do that, I don't know, but buyer beware ...
DL 2003, 2008, 2009, 2011 (DL 1/2 Marathon)
our2disneygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #17
Favorite Auntie
8 Disney nieces & nephews!
I'm in the loop now!
The real question should be WHEN do they sleep??
The TF's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by our2disneygirls View Post
Another warning ... We have Verizon and were on the Fantasy this past May. We generally pull the batteries from our phones and put them in the safe when we're in port the first day. We couldn't do that for my wife's Iphone, but the battery was nearly dead. The last night we pulled it out and charged it. We turned it on the next morning with the ship in port. We still got some additional charge on our account. I called Verizon and they told me that whenever you are on the ship, your call goes through the ships system, even if you are in port. How they can do that, I don't know, but buyer beware ...

Weird. I always make several calls from the ship, both before she pulls out and then again the morning that we get back. I have never had a weird charge on my bill, just regular calls....

MANY IN BETWEEN!!!

Favorite Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #18
our2disneygirls
Mouseketeer

We do too, which is why I was really surprised to see the charge. Who knows, maybe it was somehow active when charging ... I think the word to the wise is to be very careful.
DL 2003, 2008, 2009, 2011 (DL 1/2 Marathon)
our2disneygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by our2disneygirls View Post
This is not true...bad info was given to you. The ships system HAS to be off in all ports. Read the info on cellular at sea's web site it is all explained there.
TXDCLfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #20
ps17
DIS Veteran

We will be on Fantasy for Christmas cruise and would like to call family at home on Christmas or C Eve. Does anyone know what the rates are while we are in ports such as Costa Maya, or Cayman? Is service even possible?

Finally, if we bite the bullet and say that we will just pay ship rates, what is the rate again? Our Verizon cell service is probably cheapest option? (including internet based phone/skype options? presuming that we have paid for internet)
ps17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps17 View Post
We will be on Fantasy for Christmas cruise and would like to call family at home on Christmas or C Eve. Does anyone know what the rates are while we are in ports such as Costa Maya, or Cayman? Is service even possible?

Finally, if we bite the bullet and say that we will just pay ship rates, what is the rate again? Our Verizon cell service is probably cheapest option? (including internet based phone/skype options? presuming that we have paid for internet)
You should check with your service provider for the correct info...
TXDCLfan is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: