Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

Will October 10th be mayhem?!

I am just wondering for those who have booked on the day discounts were released...how busy are phone lines?? I am just wondering how urgent it it to get up early to get the room type I want?
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
I am just wondering for those who have booked on the day discounts were released...how busy are phone lines?? I am just wondering how urgent it it to get up early to get the room type I want?
The phone lines will be god awful all day long. Get up early and hang on the phone, or suffer the consequences

But seriously, the phone lines are smashed all day long to get the deals since only a select number of rooms at each resort will allow each discount. People on the West coast are up at 4a calling in at the 7a marker.
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

Can u book online?

I am wondering if AOA SUITES will be booked fast with only 15% off..
Old 10-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
Can u book online?

I am wondering if AOA SUITES will be booked fast with only 15% off..
You can. Probably more efficient to call, but I'm not sure when they place the actual offer on the website which you'd need to do it.

You could always call at the crack of dawn and try and book online at the same time. Lots of people will be adding the discount to their reservations instead of making a new one, so that will be one advantage that you have since they can't do that online.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

Call ASAP!! Last year I called when I got my free dining e-mail, which happened to be later in the morning. When DBF called there were no rooms available at the resorts we wanted. So we booked at another one and eventually had it switched over when more rooms became available. They only release a certain number of rooms so if you can spend time waiting on the phone, it is completely worth it. CALL, CALL, CALL!!
PaulLaura
LauraLouLovesPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
princessap
DIS Veteran

Can you do it online faster?
Old 10-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

When are these October 10th release date discounts for? Any info would be appreciated about these upcoming discounts such as resorts involved, are these for packages, free dining or annual pass discounts?

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #8
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

I believe so, but my suggestion would be to talk to a CM, I have personally never done it online and always feel better having spoken to someone over the phone (although I am 25, I am not the best with computers)
PaulLaura
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
LauraLouLovesPooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
When are these October 10th release date discounts for? Any info would be appreciated about these upcoming discounts such as resorts involved, are these for packages, free dining or annual pass discounts?

Thanks for the help!
As far as I know, this discount opens to the public on October 10th. If you are a Disney Visa Card member this offer is already available to you (it became available on the 4th and will remain so until the 7th) and it is a free dining offer. Only valid if you book a 6 day/5 night stay. It doesn't include AOA Little Mermaid and Fort Wilderness (there may be a few other exceptions as well). The offer is valid most nights from January 2nd - March 7th 2013
PaulLaura
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #10
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLouLovesPooh View Post
As far as I know, this discount opens to the public on October 10th. If you are a Disney Visa Card member this offer is already available to you (it became available on the 4th and will remain so until the 7th) and it is a free dining offer. Only valid if you book a 6 day/5 night stay. It doesn't include AOA Little Mermaid and Fort Wilderness (there may be a few other exceptions as well). The offer is valid most nights from January 2nd - March 7th 2013
Thanks for the answer!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLouLovesPooh View Post
It's "almost" free dining.

There is a r/o discount that will be released on the 10th and a stay/play/dine deal which is a discount off the entire package. Looks like it's something along the lines of adults paying child prices. Doesn't save quite as much as free dining, but it's close.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: