Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

Touching Article-A must read for all moms!

A friend shared this article today and it really touched my heart and got me thinking. All you mothers should give this a read.

http://thefloridafamily.com/2012/10/...n-the-picture/
Old 10-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Such a sweet story and so true. I used to joke that if I died while me DD was young she'd never remember me because it's always me behind the camera. Add to that that I'm never comfortable in front of the camera and you'd think she was solely raised by her dad. Now that she's almost 17 I don't worry about that anymore but will take the message from this story and make sure, no matter how unhappy I am with myself, that I will be in the picture, for her.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Another reason Moms LOVE Disney! I swear I'm invisible until our Disney vacations! Thanks to all the Photopass photographers!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Darn that article, it made me teary-eyed! And it is so true. I have numerous times flinched at the idea of being IN the pictures with my kids because I worry that I don't look skinny enough or pretty enough. Honestly, I am in only about a handful of photos with them and now I feel awful because time has been wasted. I'm sure my kids don't care that I'm not a size 4 with perfect features and manicured hair/nails. I look back on my own childhood pics and there are barely any of my own mother too. Time to break the cycle, lol!
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
tmq2766
Please stand up before exiting...bye bye

That about sums it up!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

I have very few pictures of my own mother when she was a young mother and there are very few of myself with my children.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #7
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Seems like it's time to make a change ladies.

I'm breaking the cycle. How can I tell my daughter she's good enough when I'm not setting the right example. She loves me, worts and all. From now on, no more hiding.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
dja14
Earning My Ears

When I found out about PhotoPass+ I asked my husband what he thought (it is quite a bit of money for something I usually do myself) and he moved it to the top of the list of 'extras' for this reason, I am never (or rarely) in any pictures. It was a good point and made the decision (for something I wanted anyway ) guilt free. I am looking forward to getting some character pictures with the whole family (I know I could have done this in the past but we never did, just the kids)
dja14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #9
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

That article was written by a friend of mine. It's all so true. And I'm so proud of her for saying it and getting it out there publicly.

I'm a family photographer and I have told many moms almost word for word what Allison said. Love it. When your children look at images of you, they don't see your extra weight. they don't see the flaws you think you have. they see the woman who loves them. and that woman is beautiful.

Now, they're doing a photo challenge. I encourage everyone to participate! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1936956.html

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
That article was written by a friend of mine. It's all so true. And I'm so proud of her for saying it and getting it out there publicly.

I'm a family photographer and I have told many moms almost word for word what Allison said. Love it. When your children look at images of you, they don't see your extra weight. they don't see the flaws you think you have. they see the woman who loves them. and that woman is beautiful.

Now, they're doing a photo challenge. I encourage everyone to participate! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1936956.html
Tell your friend Allison she is beautiful.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Great article...
3smithboys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #12
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I am so very guilty of this myself. I have a handful of pictures of me with the kids because I hate to get my picture made. Even at Disney, I stay out of them but the last time we were there my daughter took a picture of me with my son and I cherish that picture. It was at the end of the day and all of my makeup had worn off but it was still cute of us. I have got to make more of an effort to change the way I feel about having my picture made. Thanks for the eye opener.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
Tell your friend Allison she is beautiful.
done!

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: