Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!
 
pikaboo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 416

Yet another "do you think this Carsland Strategy will work" thread

I'm sure everyone is sick of these threads, but DH and I leave on Friday and I want to confirm that I am understanding this whole Single Rider/Child Swap/Fast Pass thing.

Our current plan is to enter the park (there is no early entry at DCA on Saturday) and DH will get in line for RSR fastpasses with his ticket. I will then take our DS (8 mon) and head to Soarin and get a fastpass with my ticket. Then we will meet up and head to carsland where DH will ride single rider and we will get a child swap card for me. Then we plan to head to TSMM and get breakfast by which time, our fastpass window for RSR should have opened. I will then ride with our fast pass and get another child swap card for DH. DH will take DS to see Crush while I ride and we will meetup in Hollywoodland and see Disney Jr. Then we will head to Soarin and one of us will ride and we will get a child swap card.

At that point we will hold 2 child swap cards for RSR and 1 for Soarin for later.

Will this work? Am I understanding this correctly? Can you in fact get a child swap card when one person rides Single Rider as I've been led to believe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks for reading,
__________________
Pikaboo27

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl
 
ArchOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sunny CA
Posts: 2,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikaboo27 View Post
I'm sure everyone is sick of these threads, but DH and I leave on Friday and I want to confirm that I am understanding this whole Single Rider/Child Swap/Fast Pass thing.

Our current plan is to enter the park (there is no early entry at DCA on Saturday) and DH will get in line for RSR fastpasses with his ticket. I will then take our DS (8 mon) and head to Soarin and get a fastpass with my ticket. Then we will meet up and head to carsland where DH will ride single rider and we will get a child swap card for me. Then we plan to head to TSMM and get breakfast by which time, our fastpass window for RSR should have opened. I will then ride with our fast pass and get another child swap card for DH. DH will take DS to see Crush while I ride and we will meetup in Hollywoodland and see Disney Jr. Then we will head to Soarin and one of us will ride and we will get a child swap card.

At that point we will hold 2 child swap cards for RSR and 1 for Soarin for later.

Will this work? Am I understanding this correctly? Can you in fact get a child swap card when one person rides Single Rider as I've been led to believe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated and thanks for reading,
I am sorry, I don't know for sure if you can get a child swap pass from the single rider line. I haven't seen anyone do it, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. Hopefully, someone will give you more information on that.

I did want to point out that depending on what time you arrive, your RSR FP return time may not be until late afternoon. I was there a little while ago and was at the gates at 9:40am for a 10am opening. They didn't allow folks in early that day and it was a mad rush in the morning. My DH waited in the FP line about 15-20 minutes and got FPs for 2:45pm return time. So you may not get FPs for the morning.

I guess I am a little confused why you are in such a hurry to get Soarin' FPs. These FPs should be available all day and you are going out of your way to get them. Personally, I would skip getting those and get on Luigi's since this line gets long very fast. And I would have DH get FPs for everyone in your party since he is standing in line anyway and the child swap pass just gets you in the FP line. Each time you use a FP, just ask for a child swap pass. FP line is shorter anyway. Have fun!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!
 
pikaboo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 416

Regarding Luigi's, I would never get in a line and have DH essentially line jump to get to me and DS couldn't get into the Luigi's line anyway since he fails to meet the height requirement. So i'm not clear what you are suggesting there. And with Soarin, DS likes to move when he is in his stroller so the walk over there will be a good way to kill time while DH is in line for the fastpass and if we can get child swap with single rider, then why tie up both of our ticket's ability to get a fastpass? Plus there is really no other Fastpass attraction to get on for that both of us like to ride that doesn't have Single Rider. ToT, GRR, and CS are all things I won't ride and all have Single Rider if DH wants to ride them.

Thank you for the reminder on how late the fast pass return time could be. When we were there opening weekend we got them first thing and it was for 10:30 I think. So in my mind, that was the approximate time I was thinking. I will keep that in mind.
__________________
Pikaboo27

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!
 
pikaboo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 416

So, my plan worked! We now have two child swap cards so we can ride RSR again tonight and we both rode this am (DH single rider with a 20 minute wait grabbing one child swap pass, me with our fast pass [8:45 to 9:45] with a 5 minute wait grabbing a 2nd.)
__________________
Pikaboo27

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
wannagoback
Broke them in before the trip
We were with Goofy and Donald on the Teacups ride
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Washington Coast
Posts: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikaboo27
So, my plan worked! We now have two child swap cards so we can ride RSR again tonight and we both rode this am (DH single rider with a 20 minute wait grabbing one child swap pass, me with our fast pass [8:45 to 9:45] with a 5 minute wait grabbing a 2nd.)
I don't quite understand this. What's to stop child-less people from getting a child swap pass and using it like a fast pass later in the day?
wannagoback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #6
roobug
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannagoback

I don't quite understand this. What's to stop child-less people from getting a child swap pass and using it like a fast pass later in the day?
When ever we have done it we have had to show the CM the child who is too short to ride.
roobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 44,311

Quote:
Originally Posted by roobug View Post
When ever we have done it we have had to show the CM the child who is too short to ride.
Yep
__________________

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
pikaboo27
I knew I could count on you!
 
pikaboo27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 416

Yes, we had to show DS to the CM at the entrance and then they handed the person entering the attraction the pass.

At RSR or Mater's, the CM at the front entrance hands it to you, but on something like Soarin, they give it to you just before you get on the attraction.
__________________
Pikaboo27

pikaboo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.