Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
Disjunky
New DVC Junkie

Sneaky parking tricks......

Soooo, im throwin this out there.

I remember a time when my DDad worked for the mouse. We would eat at say, polenesian for bfast. But, we would leave our car there all day while visiting MK then return to it later in the day.

Now, im not confirming or denying i still do this or plan to do it, but is anyone else used to doing this or "know" someone who has done the same?

Just a simple question/debate.
DVC member

August 2001, August 2002, September 2003, August 2004, September 2005, August 2007, September 2008, January 2010, December 2011, October 2012
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

I haven't done it but others have. It's a risky maneuver though since cars HAVE been towed from the parking lots.

Also, it's generally not a good idea to start threads about breaking Disney rules. Just sayin'.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Here we go...
Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

Isn't parking free if you have a WDW ticket? Or is it just if you stay in their hotels?

I have seen posted on other boards - people saying they park at DTD and ride to the park of their choice.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjunky View Post

I remember a time when my DDad worked for the mouse. We would eat at say, polenesian for bfast. But, we would leave our car there all day while visiting MK then return to it later in the day.

Now, im not confirming or denying i still do this or plan to do it, but is anyone else used to doing this or "know" someone who has done the same?

Here's a question for you in return.

You're a DVC member, right? Say that you drove into your DVC resort at Boardwalk or Bay Lake and the Security guy said to you, "Oh ... I'm sorry sir, but all of the parking spaces are full with people who chose to park here for the theme parks today in order to avoid the parking fee. You'll have to find somewhere else to park."

How likely are you to be okay with that? You've paid extra money to stay at that resort. You're a DVC member and paying extra for that. But you can't park at your resort because a bunch of other people are using your lot for free parking.

Does that affect your POV at all?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcupid View Post
Isn't parking free if you have a WDW ticket? Or is it just if you stay in their hotels?

I have seen posted on other boards - people saying they park at DTD and ride to the park of their choice.
Parking at the theme parks is not free if you are not staying at a WDW resort. It is (I think) $15 per day.

Parking at resorts near theme parks is limited to 3 hours (e.g. for a meal), which is why you'll get towed if you take OP's advice.

You could park at DTD for free and take the bus to your resort. To me that sounds like a pain in the butt. I am not sure if that is against any rules.

ETA: Oops, you can't take a bus directly from DTD to a theme park. That makes it even more of a pain in the butt.

Last edited by ghtx; 10-03-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

No. I leave the spots at the Deluxe hotels for people who actually pay to stay at the resort. We own at the BWV and it's very irritating when you arrive "home" and struggle to find parking. Treat others the way you want to be treated
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
Disjunky
New DVC Junkie

Oh boy. Relax. I didnt say i do it. Just askin if anyone else has. My father was an employee so a no risk for him. Us "guests" have a risk.
DVC member

August 2001, August 2002, September 2003, August 2004, September 2005, August 2007, September 2008, January 2010, December 2011, October 2012
Old 10-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtx View Post
You could park at DTD for free and take the bus to your resort. To me that sounds like a pain in the butt. I am not sure if that is against any rules.
I don't know if that is "against the rules" per se but it's the reason there are no direct bused from DTD to any park.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
cwt580
DIS Veteran

Valet(paid) allows parking all day......just not overnight

Old 10-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcupid View Post

Parking is free if you're staying at the resorts. Also if you have Annual Passes. Not with just regular WDW tickets.

Yes, you can park at DTD and ride in that way, but you can't go directly to "the park of your choice". You have to take a bus from DTD to a resort, then stand in line at the resort to get on the bus to the park of your choice. Plus, DTD busses don't start running until a bit later in the morning, so if making RD is part of your plan, you won't be able to if you park at DTD.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
Disjunky
New DVC Junkie

I unddrstand everyones point. Believe me i do.
If you are a resort guest during valid stay parking is free at resorts.
I was just wondering if anyone had been naughty. I do agree with BWV though. There is just not enough parking there
DVC member

Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:

If you refuse to confirm or deny that you do this, then you must know that this practice is frowned upon. So why would you want to debate it?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh boy. Relax. I didnt say i do it. Just askin if anyone else has. My father was an employee so a no risk for him. Us "guests" have a risk.
Depends on the time of year, though. There are certain really busy times where CMs are asked not to park in any "guest lots". So there's that.

Plus ... you get free parking as a CM, so it's not like your dad was parking at the Poly to avoid paying for parking.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
gator girl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was just wondering if anyone had been naughty.
It is specifically against the rules of this board to discuss ways to be "sneaky" and break Disney's rules for your own personal financial gain. See also: we can't talk about how to get your kinda-short 7 year old into the parks for free as a "three year old". Or how to make sure you aren't caught when you rent one room at Pop Century for your entire soccer team, including chaperones.

"Haha wink wink I personally would never do it because it's against the rules but come on tell me how it's done it'll be our little secret" isn't really the best thread to start.

Last edited by gator girl; 10-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: