Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR8DISNEYFAN
Thank you for all the responses. We will only have carry-on luggage. I am planing on checking out of our room early and leaving our bags at the front desk. Is that the best way to do it?
Definitely leave enough time; we left SSR one year on a Saturday at 4pm, at the height of check-in time by veteran DVCers. We were told to show up about 15 minutes early. Glad we did.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #17
1GR8DISNEYFAN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
The lines at MCO can get very long. I have often found the 3hr pick up time does not leave a lot of extra time at the airport. There can also be traffic on route to the airport. Taking a cab would save you what, 30 minutes?!
You are right, it would not be worth the cost of a cab for 30 minutes. It just seems like such a waist of valuable vacation time when you consider we will need to be waiting for a bus back to the resort by 2:30, 5 hours before hour flight, just to make sure we have our luggage from bell services and ready 15 minutes before departure time. This is our first trip without a car and also our shortest trip, only 3 full days, so every hour counts. I am not familiar with the bus system so I hope 2:30 is even allowing enough time. I think a car does save some time, but I have always wanted to ride on DME. It looks so exciting when you arrive at the airport and see those buses waithing.

1GR8DISNEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
I'm planning on springing for a cab our last day instead of DME. Due to JetBlue rescheduling our departure from 6pm to 230pm, I didn't want to have to leave the World at 11:00am --- so we are going to check our luggage and have our last morning at MK and then head back to GF and take a cab to the airport -- probably leaving at 12:30pm -- thoughts, suggestions, corrections are appreciated!

Tom
I personally dont think it's worth $60 for a cab for at MOST and extra hour at WDW.. But I hate having the feeling of being late or rushed or the infamous 'what if' situation.. But, that's just me, and you asked for thoughts So my thought is, not worth it to me. And your bus would probably be between 1115 on the early side and 1145 on the late side. And you should hope there is a taxi there waiting and they didnt just dispatch and wasnt one there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: