Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
karyn0995
Mouseketeer

To add or not to add DH

DS and I are part of a large group cruising in July 2013. Right now we're uncertain whether DH will be able to join us or not. I want to go ahead and book the cabin but am uncertain whether it's best to add hubby to the reservation now and take his name off later if he doesn't join us OR make the ressie for just DS and me, and add hubby later. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

karyn0995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #2
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

It depends how much he wants to go. You may not be able to add him later since booking a room also has to do with lifeboat availability in your muster station. We are booked for March and my mother wants my father to go but he really doesn't want to. So we decided not to book him (because I didn't want to put the money down) and if he decides to go we can try to book him later. But he also wouldn't be upset if he couldnt be added. If DH wants to go but may have to back out I would book him and then cancel before the PIF if you have to.

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
karyn0995
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
It depends how much he wants to go. You may not be able to add him later since booking a room also has to do with lifeboat availability in your muster station. We are booked for March and my mother wants my father to go but he really doesn't want to. So we decided not to book him (because I didn't want to put the money down) and if he decides to go we can try to book him later. But he also wouldn't be upset if he couldnt be added. If DH wants to go but may have to back out I would book him and then cancel before the PIF if you have to.
Thanks Melissa! I had to laugh at this a little because right now DH isn't all that interested (only because he anticipates huge crowds in July and because he IS cruising with us in September). But when it comes down to DS and I taking off without him a few days before the cruise, he will likely be pretty disappointed. I hadn't considered the muster station availability so thanks for mentioning that!

karyn0995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Yes, add him, much easier to drop a person then add to a reservation! Enjoy!
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
WDWDeb
Cue the DCL horn!

Go ahead and add him then remove him if needed. We didn't add my Dad to a reservation due to health reasons but 3 months out, he found out he could go. There were plenty of rooms so we thought no problem....but as someone noted above, it is all based on lifeboat stations, and ours was full so we couldn't add him. We went into panic mode. We thought we were going to have to book him in a different room and pay double occupancy which would have been SO much more money. It took a couple of weeks, but through constant checking with DCL on availability, we were finally able to add him.
So if you think there is a chance, go ahead and reserve the spot for him because based on experience, it does happen that you can't add people even when it looks like the ship has plenty of rooms to sell.
WDWDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
tajz90
Mama D

It's easier to include him now and remove him later
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can always drop someone. Up to the penalty date, you can drop them at no charge. You cannot always add someone.

SO....there is no downside to adding him now except that you have to pay the deposit. If he decides to not go, you can roll that money into the fare for the rest of the cabin.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: