Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #91
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis-happy View Post
You what? You are right. I was confusing valet parking with bell services...they all kind of hang around the front door of the resort and where pretty uniforms. My apologies!
nothing to be sorry about yeah at board walk inn their uniforms are very similar uniforms.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #92
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
I just called and spoke to Tom in Bell services and he told me the 3 Top "Partners" Scooter Rentals with Disney are

Buena Vista

Apple

Walker

Now that wasn't too hard now was it! Thank you for sharing the info for others to read
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #93
prayx
Earning My Ears

My mom called today and was told to call back b/c they were still building the list of preferred. They also said there won't be a problem with drop off or pick up without being there. We are at blt

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #94
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
We are arriving on Nov. 2 and when I saw this post I was worried because we rented a wheelchair through caremedical for my MIL. My wife just called them and was told that there shouldn't be an issue because they are a preferred vendor. Thought I would add that update since I hadn't seen it mentioned.

Also sue, any thoughts to updating the FAQ sticky with this new policy?
Yes - once we know a little more I will do a big edit.

At this point, I was planning to do a small edit this weekend - if nothing else, to put a link to this thread and a few sentences summing it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prayx View Post
My mom called today and was told to call back b/c they were still building the list of preferred. They also said there won't be a problem with drop off or pick up without being there. We are at blt

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
From something I read on another thread, it sounded like there might eventually be 5 preferred providers.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #95
Klamofamily
Earning My Ears

I just called the Polynesian to find out the providers. We are going in mid november and my mom needs a scooter and I need a stroller.

The lady that answered said that she didn't know of a policy change. She put me on hold and asked around. She came back on line and said that there is no policy change. Now I'm confused!

She did say they have preferred providers:
Apple
BPMobility
Buena Vista
Care Medical Equipment
Scooterbug
Klamofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #96
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klamofamily View Post
I just called the Polynesian to find out the providers. We are going in mid november and my mom needs a scooter and I need a stroller.

The lady that answered said that she didn't know of a policy change. She put me on hold and asked around. She came back on line and said that there is no policy change. Now I'm confused!
You need to ask for Bell Services. If you just talk to the person who answers the phone when you call the published number for the resort, you get somebody in a call center who may or may not be in Orlando (probably not) and for that matter, may or may not have ever been to the resort.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #97
Klamofamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
You need to ask for Bell Services. If you just talk to the person who answers the phone when you call the published number for the resort, you get somebody in a call center who may or may not be in Orlando (probably not) and for that matter, may or may not have ever been to the resort.
Thank you....I didn't know that!

I called back and talked to 2 people...one in bell services and then he transfered me over to his supervisor. They both said they haven't heard of this policy and that they store the scooter in the back room until we can come pick it up. Hopefully this is true!
Klamofamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #98
Cntrybear
Earning My Ears

Correct info

So I was able to get the scoop as it currently is. Disney did partner with 5 ECV Vendors - Apple Scooters, Best Price Mobility, Buena Vista Scooters, CARE Medical, and Scooterbug. I guess the process was pretty intense and they worked through a list of some 20+ vendors. I checked, and they are NOT more expensive then other vendors not part of Disney's list. Aparantly by doing this they can align the type of scooters so that they fit easier on the busses, and have safety enhancements made to better service the people who rent them. And the scooters will of popular models. I asked how the process is changing and they confirmed that they will only deal with ECVs from the approved vendors. All other will still be allowed on property, but must deal with a guest directly. The resorts will not handle ECVs from the vendors they don't have this partnership with. I guess this all starts at the first of november sometime.
Cntrybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #99
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cntrybear
So I was able to get the scoop as it currently is. Disney did partner with 5 ECV Vendors - Apple Scooters, Best Price Mobility, Buena Vista Scooters, CARE Medical, and Scooterbug. I guess the process was pretty intense and they worked through a list of some 20+ vendors. I checked, and they are NOT more expensive then other vendors not part of Disney's list. Aparantly by doing this they can align the type of scooters so that they fit easier on the busses, and have safety enhancements made to better service the people who rent them. And the scooters will of popular models. I asked how the process is changing and they confirmed that they will only deal with ECVs from the approved vendors. All other will still be allowed on property, but must deal with a guest directly. The resorts will not handle ECVs from the vendors they don't have this partnership with. I guess this all starts at the first of november sometime.
Thanks that makes sense they don't like the dream scooter it to big to load and tie down safely. I know apple dose not but not sure about the rest. Who I am surprised not to see is walker because you always see them unless they gave Disney a hard time or couldn't work out a deal.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #100
ejud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cntrybear View Post
Thank you for that.

No Walker???!!!

Jud
Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #101
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejud View Post
No Walker???!!!
Assuming these "preferred vendors" had to pay a fee to WDW, Randy's may not have felt that expense was worth it for them since they already do a direct drop-off and meet the guest. Non-preferred doesn't mean a guest can't rent from that company and have it delivered, it just means that the rental will not be held at Bell Services.

Last edited by lanejudy; 10-24-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: mixed up vendor name
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #102
ejud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Assuming these "preferred vendors" had to pay a fee to WDW, Walker may not have felt that expense was worth it for them since they already do a direct drop-off and meet the guest. Non-preferred doesn't mean a guest can't rent from that company and have it delivered, it just means that the rental will not be held at Bell Services.
Thank you for clearing that up! Nicely!

I have never personally rented, but I do have a free PDF, "Disney in an ECV" and I try to keep it up to date with relevant information!

And, like others, I have noticed an occasional "Walker" ECV in the parks...

Jud
Old 10-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #103
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy
Quote:

Originally Posted by ejud

No Walker???!!!

Assuming these "preferred vendors" had to pay a fee to WDW, Walker may not have felt that expense was worth it for them since they already do a direct drop-off and meet the guest. Non-preferred doesn't mean a guest can't rent from that company and have it delivered, it just means that the rental will not be held at Bell Services.
When I previously rented from Walker, I did not have to be there for delivery or pick up. I always retrieved my unit from bell services at the hotel. BUT I have not rented in awhile now....so things could have changed.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #104
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

I think they have Walker confused with Randy's. Randy's is the one that has always met with the customer before turning over their scooter.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:34 AM   #105
Bete
DIS Veteran

Arrow Some new info

I had to call Apple Scooter direct and I found out an interesting tidbit. Starting November 1, Apple will be open during the same hours as Disney parks, not just 8am to 8pm. I would assume this means their hours will match when the earliest Disney park is open and when the latest one closes. I would assume this would be the same for the other vendors on the approved list. I'm not sure if this helps a guest or if it's just to help Disney. We shall see.

This may be the reason some scooter vendors won't be an approved Disney vendor.
Bete is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: