Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #16
Bete
DIS Veteran

I'm sure you, the OP could arrange for an early morning delivery of a scooter from a non-approved scooter company once you are there. You might be giving up a few hours of park time doing it.

By the time you, the OP reach the Disney resort on your day of travel in the evening most of the day is gone, anyway.

For all others my suggestion would be to find the latest delivery possible from a non-approved scooter company and get your air flights arranged according to the scooter delivery time possible if you don't want to do an approved scooter company.

For those with a car, you can probably pick up a scooter yourself from the non-approved scooter company's location.

I was wondering when this was going to happen. The bell hops have to do more work handling scooters and Disney wasn't getting paid for it. Also, the extra handling of the scooters takes the bell hop away from other work they need to do. Bell hops were probably not getting enough tips for doing this scooter service, either.

I think we were all lucky that this didn't happen sooner.

Hopefully, the list of approved scooter companies will get larger and more competitive.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Now hear me out buy wouldn't it be better for you I let's say Disney partners with walker. Or some company and let's say out source the wheel chair and ecv rental at the park an for new ones that you could rent in the morning at one park then rerun to another or resort. And have a desk at each hotel where you be able to rent one or if you have problems with it. Or how they have the company give ap or Dvc discounts.
I suppose, but he needs ECV for the whole day including at the resort.... he would not be able to walk from Epcot back to Boardwalk or even Beach Club....
Disneypubgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

[QUOTE=Bete;46338900]I'm sure you, the OP could arrange for an early morning delivery of a scooter from a non-approved scooter company once you are there. You might be giving up a few hours of park time doing it.

This is exactly what we did!!
Old 10-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneypubgal

I suppose, but he needs ECV for the whole day including at the resort.... he would not be able to walk from Epcot back to Boardwalk or even Beach Club....
Sorry I was typing on my phone I meant if their going to go to preferred vendors then they should just partner with one. And have them operate the wheelchair and ecv rental ten maybe they could rent it for the whole day and be able to take it to another park. Then if you need one when you get their an check in and forgot to call ahead their be a someone their hat could help get one. It just an idea that I know dose not make to much sense but just think Disney in the long run would save money by doing this and five the guest a little better experience. Because now if one break they can replace it quicker.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #20
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

What were the companies that they told you were preferred providers? They must have named some since you checked the price. I am also confused as to who you are trying to rent your scooter from. It might only be that that company is not allowed to do this.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
What were the companies that they told you were preferred providers? They must have named some since you checked the price. I am also confused as to who you are trying to rent your scooter from. It might only be that that company is not allowed to do this.
Not comfortable naming the companies as the list is evolving, you need to check with the resorts. I checked two while I was on the phone and they were both more expensive. I have rented my scooter from the same vendor for awhile now and have been very happy with the service. When I spoke with the owner of my preferred vendor he explained to me that Disney had worked out arrangements with several vendors (he was not one of them as he did not want to increase his prices) who were willing to pay Disney for drop off and pickup.

I can't imagine that he is the only vendor who is having this issue. I also get that there is time on the cast members part for handling, but perhaps they could have charged the guests directly the way they do for package delivery...
Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
peemagg

You are not being the least bit helpful with this issue for anyone else if you won't name the company you rent with or the companies that were suggested! How is anyone supposed to find out anything about the problem if you won't share!

Just as an FYI, I just looked at Apple Scooters, and the rental price for 7 days is $125, and it includes insurance.

Last edited by peemagg; 10-03-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #23
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
You are not being the least bit helpful with this issue for anyone else if you won't name the company you rent with or the companies that were suggested! How is anyone supposed to find out anything about the problem if you won't share!
I just don't want to give out the wrong info, the bell services manager stated that the list was frequently changing and that the best way to know for sure is to check with them.

I think I am being helpful by letting others know that there has been a change in the practice at the resorts. Everyone is entitled to there opinion and you have certainly made yours clear....

Is there a reason why you can't contact the resort directly?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
disney david
DIS Veteran

Let all remember the op just reporting what a company and Disney told her. She dose not want to tell company's that might change before you book it. She just giving us a heads up I what happening.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #25
peemagg

I understand that she is reporting "Part" of what she was told. I was trying to get the names of the companies that was told to her so that others would have some sort of an idea. I understand that the list is evolving, but since she was already told some names, those companies are probably good to go. The list is more than likely to get larger, not smaller, just like restaurants on the dining plan every year.

I personally don't need the information, for I have and bring my own scooter, but I am trying to help others who do need the information.

From my understanding, when you call the numbers that are provided to you for your resort you are not calling the resort itself, you are calling a call center that may or may not have the correct information. Maybe Cheshire will come along with more information on this.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #26
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
From my understanding, when you call the numbers that are provided to you for your resort you are not calling the resort itself, you are calling a call center that may or may not have the correct information. Maybe Cheshire will come along with more information on this.

When I called I initially spoke with the operator and she could not answer my question and transferred to a very nice cast memeber at the bell desk who also could not answer me. But she did take my number and called back about an hour later with an answer... not the one I was hoping for but an answer nonetheless....
Old 10-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #27
disneyfool_1202
The countdown has begun!!

Now I'm confused and a bit concerned- we fly in Sunday. My scotter is being delivered to bell desk at 12. My flight comes in at 10 and we should be at hotel about 11-11:30. I spoke with scooter company directly 2 days ago because originally I had the scooter being delivered Monday morning but my knee's are acting up and I wanted "practice time" around resort before we hit parks on Monday so I changed drop off day. No one said anything to me about not being able to drop off and I booked Apple for 7 days for very good rate (Fabulous rate compared to Disney in park daily rate itself and pretty same rate as Walker for a weekly rental).

DisneyFool
Denise
disneyfool_1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #28
peemagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfool_1202 View Post
Now I'm confused and a bit concerned- we fly in Sunday. My scotter is being delivered to bell desk at 12. My flight comes in at 10 and we should be at hotel about 11-11:30. I spoke with scooter company directly 2 days ago because originally I had the scooter being delivered Monday morning but my knee's are acting up and I wanted "practice time" around resort before we hit parks on Monday so I changed drop off day. No one said anything to me about not being able to drop off and I booked Apple for 7 days for very good rate (Fabulous rate compared to Disney in park daily rate itself and pretty same rate as Walker for a weekly rental).
This is the very reason I was trying to get the names to whatever companies that the original poster was told and who they are renting with. We need to share with each other. This helps eliminate some of the confusion.

Disneyfool: I would not be too concerned seeing as how you are renting from Apple. They are a reputable company along with Buena Vista and Walker. If you are real concerned I would call and ask them about this. See if they have any knowledge of this problem that the original poster is talking about.

Last edited by peemagg; 10-03-2012 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added message to Disneyfool.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #29
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfool_1202 View Post
Again I would check with Bell services, I was only given two companies and yours was not one of them.... but that doesn't mean anything.... I was not provided with the entire list just two.... Again this is my reason for asking folks to check directly with the resort... I do not want to pass out erroneous or incomplete information!!!

Last edited by Disneypubgal; 10-03-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #30
Disneypubgal
Disneyphile

Quote:
This is the very reason I was trying to get the names to whatever companies that the original poster was told and who they are renting with. We need to share with each other. This helps eliminate some of the confusion.

Disneyfool: I would not be too concerned seeing as how you are renting from Apple. They are a reputable company along with Buena Vista and Walker. If you are real concerned I would call and ask them about this. See if they have any knowledge of this problem that the original poster is talking about.
I would really appreciate it if you would back off. I have explained what happened so that others will have the opportunity to check with Dismey pre arrival that they will have there scooters available upon arrival. I have chosen not to give the names of the companies I was provided as the list was not complete, and was told by the CM that the list is evolving.

You explained in an earlier post that you already have your own scooter so I am not sure why you keep coming back to this.

I am asking you to respect my decision regardless of whether or not you agree with it....

Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: