Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #91
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I love the pirate shop I'd put that in my house too!

and this pic right over my bed *swoon*

now this is my idea of treasure!!!

then we decided to change the girls out of their puffy dresses,it was way too hot out for that at this point,and we put them into cowgirl gear For our adr later but right now we had to get them into the pirates League for their transformations......Riley's name was ditched at the door and she became molly hookshot.

but first a few before pics...

Hailey signing the mermaid page

yep if I could get away with it I'd decorate my entire home like that!!!

remember those faces because they are about to become a mermaid and pirate empress.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #92
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Last year when we went to the pirates League I fell in love with it,and yes part of it is because it's pirate but really the experience here is so much more fun than BBB my girls thought so too and they are not as pirate obsessed as their mommy.One day I'll make an appointment there for myself!!I will love every minute of it too.

I can only imagine what Hailey must've been telling her here

this flower clip was so cool it changed colour in the sunlight,so did the necklace she got

this pic would be alot nicer if my mom was smiling (evil queen in the mirror???)

this pic looks haunted AGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

taaadaaaaaaa

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #93
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

then we went into the secret room ,sshhh it's a secret!!!

and when we got out we noticed Pirate goofy so the girls got in line to meet him ( we did this last year too,although H was alot shorter then and when she hugged him the pic became inappropriate because of hand placement,so this was much better)

and there was one little princess in our group who didn't skip out on Tianna that day so are the pics from her time there ( she was with Grandma then)

Tianna loved that Riley was in her wedding gown

Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #94
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Oh and if anyone out there has any really good pics of POTC please pm me and let me know how I can get a copy I definitely want to put some in my hallway in frames thanks

Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #95
Emteach
DIS Veteran

Just caught up on your thread, popped in earlier but life has gotten in the way of Disboards. However I have returned.
Loving your thread and all the pictures - the pirate league looks like so much fun! And you got to see Tiana, we tried twice and both times something got in the way - one time she left and they other there was a sudden downpour Saw her in the parade though.
How are you being so productive with your TR? I am working on one but have done FAR less lol. Will try though.
Keep it up fellow Canadian!

WDW Polynesian (August 2012)
WDW All Star Movies (August 2006)
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort (December 1996)
WDW Off-Property (December 1992)

DDP Review
Party of 5: August 2012 Dining Review with the Queen of Chicken Nuggets (With Pics)
[URL="http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2998041&highlight=picky+eaters"]

Disney World - August 2012 - Trip Report
Picky Eaters, Sore Feet, Hurricanes...After 6 Yrs Nothing will get in our way!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #96
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emteach View Post
Just caught up on your thread, popped in earlier but life has gotten in the way of Disboards. However I have returned.
Loving your thread and all the pictures - the pirate league looks like so much fun! And you got to see Tiana, we tried twice and both times something got in the way - one time she left and they other there was a sudden downpour Saw her in the parade though.
How are you being so productive with your TR? I am working on one but have done FAR less lol. Will try though.
Keep it up fellow Canadian!
thanks for sticking through,I have tianna 3 times the best bet is as soon as she comes out in the am.I wrote some of the tr at night when the kids were asleep in the room and some on the plane back home.I've been bad though sacrificing gym time to do my tr lol oopsy.i have a major upload going on right now with alot more pics and it's taking forever,so when thats done I can do even more

Old 10-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #97
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

a little birdy told me ( an orange birdy to be exact)that it might be a good time for a citrus swirl,although anytime is a good time for a citrus swirl(sure wish I had one now) so sunshine tree terrace is where we went.

then we all got one of these babies,except Grandma she was boring and got a lemonade.

it was amazing,dolewhip is good too but i liked this better.

Riley and i had decided way ahead of this trip that she was now willing to try Haunted mansion and we were gonna do it gosh darn it!!!

The original Plan had h n gma sitting it out but h got a dose of bravery suddenly so we all went together,I got to ride with riley which was so nice because even though I still got to see her at certain places I missed her.

It was a success I was worried that H might get scared n cry,but apparently the only thing at disney that scares her to tears is mickey's Philharmagic,I have no idea how or why.Probaly not what you were expecting huh?

Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #98
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I love Haunted mansion because my first time on it(last september) was with my goodfriend Beth,she lives in Florida but couldn't make it out to see us this year

some pics along the way

I loved the citrus swirl so much and couldn't help but think how good it would be as a float with some amaretto in it.Then we hit up splash and BTMR (another first)

STUPID CRANE!!!! again.

OMg that was so fun!!! Please tell me why I didn't do it sooner? I loved it.

Now before this trip i had seen alot of pics with brer rabbit and i was so jealous as Song of the south is one of my fave movies and I love bunnies,so I said that if i got the chance to see him and get my pic with him i'd be so excited i'd lick the sidewalk.That didn't happen,so i'm glad to not have licked the sidewalk but still sad i didn't get to see him.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #99
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

IN keeping with our hop here hop there see do and go all over the place theme we went to Buzz next

oh look who was behind us

i suck at Buzz

and heres Rileys score

she got tired n quit.Last year I introduced Riley to COP and I was shocked when we talked about it that my mom hadnt ever been on it or in it whatever,so I told her she had to go

and you bet we sang along everytime and conituned singing it all throughout the rest of the trip!I was hungry turns out so was everyone else,but i didn't wanna eat too much knowing that in a few hrs we had a dinner adr so i split a meal with h n my mom n ry split,where'd we go? Yew Nork of course to eat with my old pal sonny eclipse.i heart him!!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #100
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Cool

We had so much fun on THe Indy Speedway last year that we just had to do it again( plus last yr i don't think I got to ride with Hailey) i was nervous about Riley for when it's time to unload out of the ride so I asked the Cm to put her in the car behind me so I'd get out first,rather than her getting out some where else n not seeing me.

Hailey was excited to drive but the sun was in her face,she held the wheel and i controlled the pedal

my other babe was big enough to ride and drive alone(why do they have to grow up? can't i just freeze frame her at this age?)

YIKES that sun is bright and I look terrible!!!! but thanks for tryin nice Cm

I don't know why this pic is so oddly shaped but okay....

She's gaining on us!!!!

that was fun,hailey drives that car better than I do ,funny thing so does riley...well that being said it's a good thing I don't drive for real then huh?

Old 10-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #101
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Red face

I was doing alot of things i'd never done because my kids were always too small before,and once Ry was big enough she wasn't into the thrill rides.So for me and H this was a year of multiple firsts and i was itching to try space Mountain next.I had built myself by reading about it so much and how people love it and I normally would have too but I think it was not the intensity so much but that combined with the way you are seated I couldn't hold on to H and know she was okay Like i could on Everest and BTMR and some others we did.So it was really hard for me to enjoy the ride because I couldn't touch see or hear her and know she was ok,and in my mind I just kept thinking is this too much for her? is she going to be allright? I was worried it might be too intense and dark that it might scare her and since we still don't know the cause of her seizures that worried me too.I would love to try it again because it's my kind of ride I just don't think I'd take the kids on it until they r bigger still.The ride ended and she looked a different colour but after a few minutes she was ok,and actually said she would do it again,mmm I don't think so kiddo not yet.(to anyone who thinks I'm being over protective I don't care,she's mine and I want her safe.it's my job as her mother to protect her and you have no idea what my little princess has been through)

Anyway the Laugh Floor looked like a good place to go next.....

we saw our faces put up on the screen I think it said we were here for entertainment or something,but it was too quickly gone to read it right by the time I noticed.

there was a snack I was dying to try,I saw it in somebody's tr i forget who.Chocolate covered pineapple ,Hailey got a cake pop and riley got a mickey gingerbread,my mom got nothing and then when she saw my snack decided she needed one too,it was delicious.In the time it took my mom to go by scooter from the bathrooms next to city hall,over to the Confectionary this was my baby boo.....

so we just sat and people watched and let gma eat her snack while H slept for a little while.Dinner was fast approaching so I had to wake Hailey up to return the stroller and walk over to the boats

notice the sky in the next one EEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #102
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Question

where the heck were we going????

nope thats not it.........

nope not there either

hey is that the old river country????

ah here we are ! What's for dinner? Mickey's Backyard barbeque!

randoms

when ure sleepy and little you get a lift

love this sign

there were drums and hoola hoops set out for the kids to play

while we waited in an open area for characters but you remember how the sky looked over the Contemporary well we felt the effects of that it poured fast heavy cold rain,so they let us in under the Giant Pavillion and the characters come in too.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #103
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

the stage set up

the food area

the bartender that asked me for I.D when I went to get my mom a glass of wine,I told him I was 21 a long time ago and his response was a face like mine looks to pretty to be my age whatever that means FLIRT!!!! lol,he could not get over my age he went on about it for a good few minutes I just laughed and walked away.

my plate

it was decent but this cornbread is not as good as whispering canyon corn bread that stuff is amazeballs!!!

mine and Haileys popsickles they had mickey bars too but i wanted strawberry

the entertain ment

okay now I'm a country girl at heart i grew up on the stuff so this was awesome for me I was having a really good time at this point singing and clapping.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #104
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

I did MBYBBQ back in 2007. It was pretty good but I could tell it was more geared for young kids, hope your girls loved it! I know we loved the food!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #105
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

the kids all hung out waiting to be invited to dance with the characters

H got right in there with the man himself

it didn't take long before some parents next to us made it quite obvious toi everyone in our area that they were intoxicated,I couldn't believe how much of this I saw and parents just not watching their kids.

at least i knew where mine were

then the characters took a break and they brought out a rope trick guy,he was pretty awesome but it drug on way too long.

then the characters came out again and there was more dancing and music that also drug on FOREVER!!!! It was a good time but it it's way too long of all the same stuff over and over.OH BOY!!! I was doing so good on this trip(for anyone who doesn't know i lost my father in the spring,and before having my kids he was my entire universe so back home I was having a rough time everyday still and thats why I so badly needed this trip)and eventhough back home i was a mess this trip was keeping me out of my funk,that is until they played a certain song and I looked over and saw this dad dancing with his daughter,being silly and making her laugh.She was a tiny little blonde girl with ribbons in her hair(just looked like I did as a kid)and I couldn't keep myself together.The kids were having fun so i tried to hide it for them i didn't want to stop their fun and dancing,then Riley noticed and came over and eventhough my mom was right beside me she somehow was oblivious until that moment.I tried to collect myself but it wasn't happening so my mom asked if i wanted to leave and i did.Riley got hailey and we were off.the whole time I was there I had been texting with Jess(another of my magic ladies)We were meeting up tonight and i was so looking forward to that.

While on the dock waiting for the boat back I got eaten alive holy bugs!!!!the ride was peaceful though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: