Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #151
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post

For our family...this dump shop is as much of a "headliner" attraction as Star Tours and Toy Story Mania...not even kidding!
I love it and i've already staked out the "Polly pockets" for Hailey for next Christmas so when I go to WDW next They are on my shopping list!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #152
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness in the past little while I have been everywhere but here okay so Hailey had changed her mind from Toy Story Mania and now her plan was HISTK Playground so I thought sure Why not.

this rope /net maze thingy was her fave part,I can't tell you how many times she zipped through there.HOORAY for feelin better!!!!

haha she looks super tiny

and i feel super tiny

Hailey wasn't too sure about this part

here she goes again......

I like this pic

Oh here's a happy girl....yup she found water

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #153
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Here's my cute little bug on a big ugly bug

then Duffy wanted to go for a car ride

I was looking for something cold to drink but i didn't want a really sugary syrupy kind of thing and when I asked I was told sweet spells(where the slushies were the sugary sort that I so didn't want) I forget what i got instead,I think I might have went somewhere else n just got a coke,but H wanted a slush so ok.

took this pic to sho my brother the jack apples

then this one just because I can

OH MY !!!!

Hailey's fave villain

when she was smaller she went through an obsessive phase about puppies and loved watching the Dalmatians then after a while I had to ban it,I didn't realise how many times they call people idiots in it and I didn't want her to do the same.

then I found PURPLE cotton candy WHAT???? I have never seen this in all my life!Riley loves purple so i took a pic for her although u cant really tell it's purple

Old 11-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #154
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

i gotta say I was a little bummed out that I didn't see any COH (except one Courtney pointed out) and it wasn't my fave Paige turner so we just moved along.It was getting close to time for possibly the worst Disney dinner of my life,I think this and chefs de France are tied GROSS!!!!We headed out of the park to go find a bus to Old Key west,dinner tonight was at Olivia's

oh so that's where my step Dad and hubby went golfing last time

it looks cute but looks are deceiving

I had wanted to try Olivia's for a long time because of a few trs that mentioned it,and I'm glad I went to see n try it because of the fact that it was something new to us and I can cross it off my list but NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!! THe food in the next few pics looks good but I assure you it was hardly edible.

THe only thing I actually enjoyed food wise was the bread

my salad was nasty I took 1 bite of it and could not take anymore,i won't go into detail because i don't want to induce vomitting

someone was hiding because she didn't want to eat her food either,and honestly I don't blame her

Old 11-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #155
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

H said I needed a pic of the minnie side too so eh what the heck

and more of the food I can't even think about let alone discuss because it was that bad

OKay so I basically ate bread n tried a sample of salad and pastaour server asked if i wanted anything else but I couldn't be bothered to try plus he made me feel really uncomfortable he came to our table too many times and when he wasnt standing directly over my head he was 2 feet away glaring at me with this rediculous look,it was really creepy.I wasn't getting good vibes from him at all,he seemed like the kind of nerdy guy that never has a girlfriend because he comes on way too strong,and seriously creepy.So we left and were planning to go to Downtown Disney.......which brings me to yet another fantasticly happy story NOT .....okay so for those of you who haven't been there's a boat right outside Olivia's but it said it was a DVC boat on the sign n that was pretty much it no indication of what this DVC boat does or where it goes sooooo I went into olivia's and asked and explained i was trying to get to DTD,they didn't know.Then I went into the gift shop and asked......they didn't know.THen I went into the cute looking lobby........

and guess what? They didn't know.Then I walked outside and asked a luggage services guy......he didn't know
OMg I was getting irritated and as cute as this resort looks this is when I decided that i would never ever return Ever OMG I was starting to loath this place,it has to be the most unmagical undisney place I've ever been.Honestly my corner store back home is more Magical!!!FINALLY!!!!! I asked a security guard and he said he thought it should get me where i was going although he wasn't positive but at this point that was good enough for me n I was quite ready to leave old Key West for anywhere else in the world.OKay so i was in a funk after all that frustration that is until I saw that the Balloon was back at DTD YAYYYYYYY and it had a new design(which by now i'm sure you've all seen here on the magic)

anyways that made me happy again,it's the little things ( not that its really little but u get me)

DTD was a zoo that night and I don't well in crowds like that,Hailey was so funny she was yelling at the crowd to please make way for the 2 person mickey bawoom parade LOL,we went into 1 store and only 1 store and then left I was never so relieved as this night to be back at PORS.I hate leaving Disney after having a bad day,and this being our last park day I was worried but it got better no worries.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #156
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Smile

In the last post I mentioned that things got better once back at the resort and call me cruel but it's because my kids and I saw a snake by the pool and we told my mom n she got all creeped out but it didnt end there the girls were taunting her about the snake once they realised it spooked her and the 3 of us found it hysterical.that made me laugh and cheer up real fast lol.Anyways since we had gone swimming so many of the nights and I didn't know what pics were from what night,i'm going to compile all the night time swimming pics into this section. Oh and you know those cool little glow cubes you can get in drinks? WEll if you have kids and wanna keep them occupied at the pool,I suggest buying n bringing glow cubes My kids had a blast tossing them into the water and going under to retrieve them.

Oh and a just quick note if you have more than one kid you might wanna set the glow cubes to different colours so it's easier to tell them apart.

then after swimming we went to get some food and although I didn't get a pic there were a few times that we went to get the create your own pasta at the resort.It was sooooo good we always got fettucine alfredo with shrimp and shared it.Then we went back to the room For Duffy bedtime stories and fell asleep with broken hearts knowing we were leaving the next day

Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #157
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

Ahhh I love the honey I shrunk the kids play area!
Even makes adults feel tiny

That underwater camera is awesome! The pics came out great!
May have to invest in one of those
Old 11-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #158
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Ahhh I love the honey I shrunk the kids play area!
Even makes adults feel tiny

That underwater camera is awesome! The pics came out great!
May have to invest in one of those
actually my underwater cam takes better pics than my other one when there are bright sunny days,but if anything moves at all it blurrs big time,its decent though especially since I only paid 20 bucks and it came with a micro SD card

Old 11-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #159
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

The under water pics are great, I love underwater cameras! They're so much fun!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #160
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

UGH this the dreaded last day I found myself singing these lyrics...........sunday bloody sunday!!!! I got up early checked our baggage,went for breakfast

pics on the way

n OMG could it be???YAY Jess n Diane again!!!!!So we sat with them until they had to go and once again what we thought were our final goodbyes.

Then as promised I took the girls to the pool at Ol Man Island.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #161
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

We were so looking forward to the water slides but sadly they were closed

Cold ry? LOL

Hailey doesnt care shes ready

Ry swimmin near the sadly locked up slide,I can't tell you enough how bummed i was about this ,I mean come on can't I have a lil fun on my last day?No? Not yet huh.

that last pic kinda reminds me of some pics i saw of the old river country,which also bums me out that i never got to experience it.

the girls were having fun though

after our swim we went back to the room blow dried the swimsuits n packed up last minute carryon items,before going out to catch the unmagical express (insert ugly crying face here)

Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #162
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Our bus was a cruise line bus

and to avoid the reality of us leaving I decided I'd try n text Jess to see if she was still at the airport n she was,I kept hoping I'd see her again b4 leaving.along the way I took the most random pics of anything that reminds me of Florida......

of course the video played to keep us occupied

can't wait to start what ? Planning my next one oh don't u worry Disney I already have,the trip n flights are booked HOORAY 202 Days can't come soon enough

we got to the airport n jumped into the fake o rail just b4 it closed its doors

i even took a pic of my very sad last little palm tree

Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #163
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Jess n i text a few times back n forth n she was only a few gates away but when I passed her gate i didnt see her(mc Donalds????)so she came to see us for a bit n then I walked her back to her gate and hung out until it was time for them to board,here they are making their "Do we hafta go" faces

Oh look the tip of their plane maybe they arent leaving maybe shes gonna run out n get on my plane instead maybe I can just keep her all for me ..... nope Awe man I tried!

we watched them back out n turn towards the run way

then the plane sped up and off they went,okay somebody pass the Kleenex plz.

I stalked the heck out of their plane I was sad,I didn't want it to end.It was long b4 we boarded our own flight home and within seconds this was my Big girl

we had a good time and loved meeting all our new Disney friends,can't wait to build these friendships for years to come.Riley slept the entire way to buffalo and Hailey and i coloured and then played a few rounds of air plane bingo.when we landed my Step dad n Hubby were there to greet us,we said bye to my mom n Very happily went our own way.I love my mom I mean shes my mom but i learned that I will never travel with her again.The kids were hungry so we went to mcdonalds in buffalo and i got a pic of the airport.

Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company.............but don't worry we'll be back in exactly 202 days!!!!AOA Here we come.All a shore whose goin a shore for BIRTHDAY BASH 2013 :D
just wanna say thanks to all the readers who've stuck with me in a few times of absence I assure you they were needed.I hope you all enjoyed our time together here and tune in next time,we've got great things to come.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #164
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

It's over? And you just HAD to post pictures of our home away from home, POR. So jealous that you get to go in 202 days...time to start that PTR!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #165
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
It's over? And you just HAD to post pictures of our home away from home, POR. So jealous that you get to go in 202 days...time to start that PTR!!!
heres the link to the PTR(not much there yet but it'll happen) http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3018294

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: