Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
PrincessMama605
DIS Veteran

B-day party gift advice needed pls

Dd has been invited to a friend's b-day party but it's a combined party for the friend and her sister. Dd doesn't really know the sister well. What is the etiquette for gifts in this situation? Do we get one for the sis that dd knows? One for each girl? Or is a combined gift ok? TIA!
PrincessMama605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

I would just give a gift to the friend. That's who she knows. I think the parents should have gave out separate invitations for each of their daughters friends.
wishesuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
Anthony1971
DIS Veteran

I like that idea
I would buy a gift for the friend and maybe something small for the other girl IF it said the party was for both. You can also ask the parents of others who have been invited what they are doing so your child does not feel out of place if you do not get two gifts. I know in our school parents talk.....
Anthony1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #4
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

I would just ask the parents. My DD was in a similar situation where her friend was having a party with her 2 other sisters. The mom was clear only bring something for the one who invited you that's what we did but if you "know" them pretty well I would pick something up for the sister too. Maybe a card with $5 to McDonalds or a a local ice cream parlor just to recognize her party too.

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
SEA333
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMama605
Dd has been invited to a friend's b-day party but it's a combined party for the friend and her sister. Dd doesn't really know the sister well. What is the etiquette for gifts in this situation? Do we get one for the sis that dd knows? One for each girl? Or is a combined gift ok? TIA!
My older two have birthdays one day apart. We used to do "family" birthday parties with our friends...meaning we would invite whole families with kids of various ages that both of my kids knew.

Other than that, we have done one other combined...DD's actual birthdY was the day DS wanted his party (Sat vs Sun), so I invited all DS' s friends with an invite for HIM, and vice versa so the rezpective parents didn't even know it was a combo b-day party.

There was NO WAY I expected kids to bring a gift for each bday kid.
SEA333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #6
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

That's exactly what I would have done so the parents don't know it's a combined party. Good job Sea333
wishesuponastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
motherof2boys
Mouseketeer

I did this when my Boys were 5 & 8 at one of those bouncy places. I sent separate invites for each of there friends. I did let the parents of the younger ones know older kids would be there. Each Boy got gifts from his friends. Family gave it both. It worked out well.
So unless you know both girls I would only give to the one your daughter is friends with.
2013 Celebrating Graduations, 3 nights at Universal Hotel, 8 nights at Wilderness Lodge
2012 Christmas/Anniversary Trip at the Boardwalk, 1 horrible night off property, Wilderness Cabin
2012 Split stay at Tree House Villa's (with Mom, Brother & SIL, Brother & GF) & AKL
2011 1 Surprise night at Nickeloden Hotel & AKL (bought more points at Saratoga Springs at Member Event)
2010 Split Stay BLT & AKL (bought into DVC after last years surprise)
2009 All Star Sports then Surprised the Boys w/2 nights at AKL, booked a 3rd night on-line & got Family of the day & Concierge Level
2008 All Star Movies with the MIL
motherof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: