Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
stitch09
I never get tired of dancing to "Celebrate You"

CP Application- A Couple Questions!!

So this was my second time applying for a CP, and let me say, the new website completely threw me off! Lol.

One of the questions asked if I had attended a presentation or was planning on it. Since all of the presentations at my school have come and gone, I selected "No." I was assuming that, like last time, they would have me watch a video online in its place. There was no video! Will selecting "No" affect my chances? Is there a video that comes later?

Second, I assumed I would be doing the web-based interview along with the application. Is there still a web-based interview? And if so, when will it occur?

Thanks for any and all help! I wasn't expecting a different process this time around!

stitch09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch09 View Post
So this was my second time applying for a CP, and let me say, the new website completely threw me off! Lol.

One of the questions asked if I had attended a presentation or was planning on it. Since all of the presentations at my school have come and gone, I selected "No." I was assuming that, like last time, they would have me watch a video online in its place. There was no video! Will selecting "No" affect my chances? Is there a video that comes later?

Second, I assumed I would be doing the web-based interview along with the application. Is there still a web-based interview? And if so, when will it occur?

Thanks for any and all help! I wasn't expecting a different process this time around!
Welcome Back!

Selecting that you're not intending on attending a presentation will not lessen your chances. I imagine it's just for their numbers to see what people will possibly attend.

Since the site has been switched over to the Disney Careers site, quite a few things have changed. There is no longer a video/powerpoint that you have to watch to move onto the application process. Nor is there a code that you have to input.

The Application and Web-based interview are now in two separate steps as well. You must first fill out the application, your interests, and personal information and then submit it. The application then goes through a process to see if you're approved and you move on to the Web-based interview if you're accepted to do so. I think mine took something around 3-4 days to return back since it was the middle of the season. Just make sure you have enough time to go through the web-based interview.

After that, if all goes well within a few days after that the system will request that you set up a date for your phone interview!

Best of luck!

Have a Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
stitch09
I never get tired of dancing to "Celebrate You"

Thank you so much for the response! It was very informative!

I actually got an email this evening from Disney about taking the WBI- just hours after applying. I was pretty amazed by that! I plan on taking the WBI on Friday.

Thanks again for your help!

stitch09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: