Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Leave the house...ever. Kind of kidding!

1-I have to go to court in Nov for a car accident I had.
2-I have to go to a home school meeting (DS is being homeschooled for this semester...long story)
3-Take my girls to get spacers and then a week later for braces (ortho is 50 minutes away when there's no traffic...he's my uncle)
4-Thanksgiving (either I cook for my family or we go to SIL's who will be hosting DH's family and her inlaws as well...neither choice sounds good to me).
5- Shop for Christmas.
6- Remind my brother that he hasn't paid me last month's payment for our van that he bought from us.
7- Run a bingo fundraiser for my DDs' softball team.

This has been the year of doing things that I didn't want to do...I will def be celebrating New Year's this year.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 10-03-2012 at 10:29 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #17
apirateslifeforme
The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon
On a serious note, I have to agree with the pantyhose and buttfloss
Rare. Bloody rare. Still mooing

IVF. I've had a lousy year (with the exception of my wedding, of course)...bleeding for six months straight, taking meds that don't stop the issue but give me every single "call your doctor immediately" side effect, a laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy to remove the endometriosis and fibroids and being told that everything will be great afterward, only to be told nope, now you have "complex endometrial hyperplasia with atypia," going back on the meds and scheduling a D&C, but being told that everything will be great afterward, there's no reason we can't have a baby after that...then having the D&C and feeling better than I have in a LONG time, only to be told that I still can't have a baby, "You only think you're ovulating" (um, dear doctor, may I remind you that I've had these symptoms one day per month for 27 YEARS and you AGREED that was what it was and you said it was great) and going back on the awful meds and having to go to a seminar about IVF or the doctor won't see us...not to mention that in order to do IVF, I'll have to either take more meds (I am very sensitive to prescription medication, I've discovered) or get injections, plus I am terrified of having multiple babies...

That's my big worry. My smaller one is that I recently got a questionnaire from the federal district court from the state where I used to live, trying to determine if I'm qualified to be called for a federal grand jury. I moved from that state over a year ago, so hopefully that will disqualify me; if not, perhaps my current medical problems and agoraphobia will.
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #18
4nana
God Bless America, Land of the Free, Because of the Brave. Godspeed and thanks to our troops and their families for their sacrifices.

big hugs, prayers, postive thoughts, to all throughout your health issues and ups and downs ~

Last week we traveled to NC to help DD who had her 2nd ACL replacement in same knee within 18 mos. Dr said ACL had shreaded, this one looked great, and surgery was successful . Thankfully she kept her exercises up and PTherapist says she is ahead of schedule motion wise and walking. Praise God!

Several things I'm not looking forward to this week ~ but it is what it is, could always be worse, and I have my big girl panties on.

DH & I are taking my dear Mom to meet with her liver specalist today. She's 83yo and for 15yrs has suffered with PBC (Primary biliary cirrhosis) an autoimmune disease of the liver. Drs have kept it at bay, but her enzymes have increased, while platelets have dropped drastically, so we're hoping and praying for a miracle.

Tomorrow is a re-ck on my tooth absess that's I've been on antibotic for and DH is getting a crown ~ I think he has one more and they will have crowned everything in his mouth.

Thursday DH begins another series of Orthovisc shots that really seem to help his osteo knees.
Blessed with 4 loving kiddos & IL's, 13 sweet grands, 50 Golden Years & Anniv. cruise gift....PRICELESS!!

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children & grandchildren: 'One is roots, the other is wings'.
~~~~~
Life is a journey ~ love makes the trip worthwhile

Grandchildren are God's reward for being a parent

"For He shall give the angels charge over thee, to keep thee safe in all thy ways" Psalms 91:11

For my dear Mom in heaven

Last edited by 4nana; 10-03-2012 at 11:11 AM.
4nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I hate everything I have to do that's related to my cancer. There's a lot but the thing I hate the most is having to wear a compression sleeve any time I fly or go above a 4000 ft elevation. It's a trivial thing in the grand scheme of things for me but it's the one I hate the most.

I also hate making my dogs food. I don't cook for myself so it seems ridiculous that I have to cook for them. My husband helps but it's still a lot of work.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

I have to have a meeting later this month with a total WITCH from a state agency. She is the most condescending person I have ever met and since I started this job over 6 years ago she's had it in for me. It is going to take every ounce of restraint not to punch her in the face. I would rather have a root canal while getting an MRI and a colonoscopy at the same time than have to meet with her.
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #21
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nana View Post
big hugs, prayers, postive thoughts, to all throughout your health issues and ups and downs ~

Yes...I agree. I will say that I am very fortunate to have these things to do that I don't want to do because they are minor compared to what could be.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #22
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Get the floors in my house refinished. I've been putting it off for years. We can afford it, but I can't figure out how to manage moving everything, staying away for a few days, etc. I need to just commit to a date and deal with it, but I keep finding reasons not to.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #23
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

i really don't want to go to band competitions the next 2 saturdays. we had one this past saturday also, and sat there for EIGHT hours. i know, i need some cheese to go with my whine. it wouldn't be so bad if we weren't going to be seeing so many of the same bands we saw this past weekend, or if i wasn't allergic to the sun (pressboxes always face into the sun, for some reason), or if everything wasn't so stinkin' expensive (honestly, $4.00 for a chick-fil-a sandwich? chick-fil-a sells them for $3.00!).
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
MommaSnowwhite
DIS Veteran

I really don't want to go pick up my DD11 kitten from the vet that we put to sleep yesterday. She wants to bury him in the yard.
MommaSnowwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #25
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

So sad about your kitten. My dd11 had a hard time with our cat's death last year.

I have to go on a low fat diet b/c I was diagnosed with high triglycerides again. I should lose 7 lbs. I hate the low fat diet foods and I want to eat chocolate. It's hard,too, b/c I have hypoglycemia and need to eat every few hrs.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #26
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

I have to give a big presentation in a few weeks, to a room of 100 men.

I am throwing up a little in my mouth as I type this.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #27
kolohe_lady
Princess, nuthin'! I wanna be Queen!

The first one is not so much me as my fiance. Currently trying to figure out if he has MS. We're hoping all tests come out negative and the symptoms he has been having are just something silly like a pinched nerve. Scared to find out for sure.

Also, although I am happy and excited to marry my fiance , NOT excited to plan the wedding. AT ALL. I guess I'm a bit 'dysfunctional' as a girl, but I never had dreams and plans of what my wedding would be like. I'm not a good event/party planner. I'm uncomfortable being the center of attention. I seriously dislike having my picture taken. Not even excited to try on dresses. Clothes shopping is one of my least favorite things in the world, and that just sounds like clothes shopping with the added awkwardness of an audience. Watching my sisters and friends go through planning their weddings, it just looks like a whole lotta stress. Money-sucking stress. Money I would much rather use for buying a house in a non-scary neighborhood instead of living in my fiance's tiny condo in Scaryville. If I thought we could get away with eloping, I'd be all over that in a second!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet, going to work every day!
kolohe_lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: