Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
meg329
Earning My Ears

Impromptu trip - help!

DH and I are thinking about working in a quick trip to WDW within the next week. DS is 4 and DD is 8 months. It would be both kids' first time! We would really appreciate advice from the pros.

We live 4 hours away by car. Arrive Friday, spend Saturday visiting with family who live in the area. Need to be home in time for work/school Wednesday. We have a voucher for two nights at the Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney. Could certainly add a night if that would help make the most of our time! Adult park hoppers already covered (previous trips, unused days, no expiration).

We don't have a double stroller at home because DS always wants to walk, but figured we should rent one from Kingdom...? We figure we will take kids back to hotel for midday nap. (Expect about 2.5-3 hours of sleep.) Knowing that there'd be that break in the middle how would you break up the days? We are most interested in MK and Epcot. DS will definitely be interested in parade and firework opportunities, but that would be late for DD, who goes down between 8:00-8:30, right? (We have no problem splitting up.) Do you have any recommendations about what parks what days based on crowds? Also, DH is wondering how much there will be for DD and he doesn't want to get stuck sitting around with a bored baby waiting for me and DS to get off rides. DS prefers low-key things and I thought those were the sorts of things we could do with DD in her front carrier.

We would really like to do things at our son's pace so won't be particularly ambitious. However if there are any attractions or dining that we should definitely keep an eye out for I'd love to hear about it! Too early to say how DS will be with the characters. One last logistical question... Meal plans: worth it? I've seen mention of them here but haven't investigated to know whether it's the sort of thing that works best with a package, which we do not have.

Thanks in advance!!!

Megan
meg329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg329 View Post
One last logistical question... Meal plans: worth it? I've seen mention of them here but haven't investigated to know whether it's the sort of thing that works best with a package, which we do not have.

Thanks in advance!!!

Megan
Meal plans are for onsite guests only, and I'd never get it with a last minute trip anyway, since many folks book their ADR's months out. Plan on either either CS, or just see what TS is available when you get there.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Mkebound
Mouseketeer

The meal plan is only sold to guest who stay at Disney hotels.

If you want to plan a sit down meal, and even a meal with Mickey you can try and make reservations at Disneyworld.com and pay out of pocket.

Looking at Sunday, Monday & Tuesday please note that there is NO Main Street Electric Parade or Wishes fireworks on Monday.

Sunday will be busier in the MK than Tuesday, but If you need to be back for school Wednesday and don't want to be driving home at 10pm, Sunday night might be your only shot to see Wishes and the light up Parade.

FYI - My family and I will be in Epcot on Monday!!! Might see you there!
Mkebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg329
DH and I are thinking about working in a quick trip to WDW within the next week. DS is 4 and DD is 8 months. It would be both kids' first time! We would really appreciate advice from the pros.

We live 4 hours away by car. Arrive Friday, spend Saturday visiting with family who live in the area. Need to be home in time for work/school Wednesday. We have a voucher for two nights at the Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney. Could certainly add a night if that would help make the most of our time! Adult park hoppers already covered (previous trips, unused days, no expiration).

We don't have a double stroller at home because DS always wants to walk, but figured we should rent one from Kingdom...? We figure we will take kids back to hotel for midday nap. (Expect about 2.5-3 hours of sleep.) Knowing that there'd be that break in the middle how would you break up the days? We are most interested in MK and Epcot. DS will definitely be interested in parade and firework opportunities, but that would be late for DD, who goes down between 8:00-8:30, right? (We have no problem splitting up.) Do you have any recommendations about what parks what days based on crowds? Also, DH is wondering how much there will be for DD and he doesn't want to get stuck sitting around with a bored baby waiting for me and DS to get off rides. DS prefers low-key things and I thought those were the sorts of things we could do with DD in her front carrier.

We would really like to do things at our son's pace so won't be particularly ambitious. However if there are any attractions or dining that we should definitely keep an eye out for I'd love to hear about it! Too early to say how DS will be with the characters. One last logistical question... Meal plans: worth it? I've seen mention of them here but haven't investigated to know whether it's the sort of thing that works best with a package, which we do not have.

Thanks in advance!!!

Megan
Any rides.without a height restriction are find for your DD. I would go online to Disney and see what ts are available at this point. Also avoid Epcot on the weekend since its f&w.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
meg329
Earning My Ears

Thanks!!!
meg329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

There will be plenty for your daughter to ride. My daughter was a year old and went on everything my son (who was 3.5 and just shy of 40 inches) went on. The only ride my DD sat out on was Goofy's Barnstormer in MK. My son however LOVED that ride and we rode it several times, my son is VERY adventerous though when it come to rides. I definitely recommend a stroller for your son. Little feet get tired. And when we went it poured down rain several of the days we were there and it was easier navigating through the crowds and rain drops pushing a stroller than dragging along a tired child! We did not leave the parks for mid day naps, my kids are used to be out and about and when they were tired they fell asleep in the stroller. My DD slept through the entire Wishes fireworks! We did MK and HS and we skipped Epcot, because I was afraid my son would be boried... he wants to go, go, GO and there just isn't enough GO at epcot, IMO.
Just go at your kids pace and take it all in. Even if you don't get to ride everything or see everything you will still have a great time!
Have a great trip!!

mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: