Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #31
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Around 11pm every night. We have to get up early on work/school days so we try to keep our schedule pretty steady so as not to make Monday wake-up any worse that it already is.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #32
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm in bed by 10 but usually asleep at 9:30. I get up at 5:30am every morning and really need sleep otherwise I'm a major grump.

DFi, on the other hand, can stay up with no problems until 2-3 in the morning.
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 AM   #33
JamesMom
DIS Veteran

Ugh - I envy you people who can function on less than 8 hours. I would to stay up till midnight or later (like my husband) and get some reading done, but I have to go to bed at 11:00 (really 10:30 because I keep nodding off in my book) at the latest to get up at 7 for my kids. Right now I am bleary eyed because I suffer from occassional insomonia a couple of nights a week (slept from 10:30 to 2:30, then up till 4:30 then up for real at 7) and I have no occasion to nap today because Wednesdays are my busy days (2 classes 1 am/1pm , carpool kids home then teach church school.) I'll be dragging when I walk in the door at 8:30 tonight!
When I was a teen and even in college I needed lots of sleep- like 9 hours a day. yes a day because I would party in the clubs until 5 am then sleep to 3-4 in the afternoon if I could and get ready to do it all again, lol. I was a big fan of afternoon and evening classes In high school I was in bed at 9pm for 7am classes, but stayed up later (and slept in) on the weekends. I really need sleep.
My husband is a morning person and a night person. He has the most erractic sleep schedule. Goes to bed at around midnight. Wakes up at some point to putz around on the computer for an hour or so then back to bed to get up at 7:30 when the kids leave for school. And he is fine - totally awake, no need for naps but he does take them on the weekends. I'm so jealous! (btw - his nocturnal schedule is one of the reasons why we don't share a bedroom - I sleep too light for him to be getting in and out of bed all night long!).
ETA - when I had babies, I took the advice of sleeping when they sleep to heart! If they were napping - I was too! and we co-slept for nightime nursing. I don't recall being exhausted as a new mom - frustrated maybe at not sleeping when I wanted to, but DS and I went to bed at 8pm to get up at 7am for work for his first year!

Trip Report: May 9-15, 2010 - Mother & Son at POR w/Free QS Dinning: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36675492

Trip Report: December 14-20, 2008 - Mother and Son (6yo) at Contemporary w/Free Dinning: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2038015
JamesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #34
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchulka View Post
I usually go to sleep around midnight and get up around 8. I'm not a morning person. I can go to bed earlier, but I still wake up about 8 Even if I go to sleep at 10 (and I always fall right asleep) I still don't wake up until 8. I have always been an excellent sleeper. My mother said she got some advice when she was pregnant with me that she should make lots of noise while I slept so I would learn to sleep well! She says she would come in my room and vacuum under my crib and make various other noises while I slept. Judging from the number of my friends who post things on fb about all the trouble they have sleeping I sure am thankful to whoever gave her that wonderful advise
I so agree my parents went on with their lives when we napped. I noticed it was bad with nieces and nephew who couldn't sleep for nothing when we were just doing normal things while they napped.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #35
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

For me it's all over the board on when I crash for night. I'd say norm is 11p on cruise more like 1a. up 6-7 on cruise here at home 9a. I used to work graveyard and DH did when we were first married.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #36
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

I'm in bed by 10-10:30 PM, and asleep not long afterwards; up (no alarm) between 5:30 and 6 AM, wake up ds and dh. Weekends I love to nap and stay up a little later (midnight-ish) and sleep a little later. I totally agree with a PP that this weather change has exhausted me!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #37
Fortuosity
That's me byword

Preferably "early to bed, early to rise" (not that it's ever made me healthy, wealthy or wise). I do miss the days of going down with the sun and beating it up in the morning.

In actuality... whenever I can finally manage to fall asleep. Insomnia stinks.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #38
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

I've gotten old. I'm in bed by 10 p.m. every night, even on WEEKENDS! I'm such a sad soul, lol.

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken

Currently reading: #23 You Don't Want to Know

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #39
awoogala
Mouseketeer

Well, I'd like to go to bed earlier, but with some insomnia I am usually in bed somewhere between 1 am and 5 am.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #40
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

In bed and sound asleep between 10 and 11 PM every night.

I have to be up with DH and the kids somewhere between 5 and 6 AM every weekday morning. Saturdays I *might* get to sleep in till 7:30 or so, and Sundays are particularly evil. I usually work a night shift on Saturday, get home about 10:30 PM, take an hour or so to wind down (I can't just get home and go right to bed) and then turn around and get up at 4:15 AM Sunday morning to do a very-early AM shift. I get home Sunday afternoons at about 2 PM and usually need a nap Very Badly.

As others have posted, I need my sleep and become quite crabby without it. Most nights, I am lucky to make it till the weather forecast on the 10 PM news.

Upcoming California and Disneyland Pre-Trip!
"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: