Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

How long did you spend in the Wizarding World?

We are planning a cruise next October, and are trying to decide when it would be best for us to arrive/depart so we can also see the Wizarding World. We will only spend 1 day. We are not particularly interested in the rest of the park, however, if time permits, we would check it out. We haven't decided on a hotel yet, but we would stay near Universal at one of the many Hilton hotels (will stay with points).

Thank you for your input.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

My husband and I went in May for our anniversary (3 day weekend), 1 park day). We (ok, I) went just for WWOHP. We raced straight to Forbidden Journey because I'm terrified of lines. Zero wait. Then 3 Broomsticks for breakfast (highlight of my trip - DH eating blood pudding, lol). Then did Dragon Challenge, like 10minute wait. Then the Hippogriff, barely a wait either. Then we hung out in the shops. Then rode Forbidden Journey again :P

Then I didn't really have any other plans so we just hung out and rode other stuff in IoA (Hulk, Spiderman). The longest wait was the Dudley Do Right falls ride. Like 40 minutes. And it was the hottest point of the day too, of course!

This was the weekend before Memorial Day weekend.
Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly
PeanutButterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
dizneekrazee

So you were done by say lunch?
We will be a party of 5 going, and the bf is ALWAYS late, so unlikely I can get everyone there and copy you plan.

Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
So you were done by say lunch?
We will be a party of 5 going, and the bf is ALWAYS late, so unlikely I can get everyone there and copy you plan.
If crowds are low, even the most ardent HP fans can be satisfied with 3-4 hours in WWoHP. The rest of the park ain't bad either, don't sell it short.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
If crowds are low, even the most ardent HP fans can be satisfied with 3-4 hours in WWoHP. The rest of the park ain't bad either, don't sell it short.
Thank you, I am sure we will be seeing most of the rest. The bf is a big time roller coaster dude, and, depending on height limitations, my youngest loves them, too. My oldest is a chicken, and the middle one, you really have got to push him to do it.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
DisneyLandMan
Mouseketeer

Kinda off topic, but I was just in Orlando last week and it was my first time at US since the Harry Potter area opened, and although I only waited about 10 minutes to ride The WWoHP ride, I saw how long the line was and I don't think I could ever wait in that line if it was super busy. And the Dragon Challenge queue line was super long as well.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
This. It is easy to spend 4 hours in just WWOHP. This would include riding all the rides, seeing the Ollivander's show, and seeing the two street shows. And the amount of time you spend in the shops or checking out all the details in the streets all adds up.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
Maytrix
Mouseketeer

I was there a few weeks ago. We probably spent 3-4 hours there over the 3 days. We didn't bother with Olivander's or even all of the shops. We had breakfast one morning at 3 Broomsticks and picked up some goodies in the Candy shop (the name is escaping me right now!).

We probably spent no more than 1-2 hours at any time though. Day we had breakfast, we were in at 8am, did 6 rides on Dragon Challenge, went to the front to do 2 rides on Hulk and a ride on Dr. Doom and then met the wives as we walked off the ride and headed to 3 broomsticks. We were probably done eating by 10:30. We then did Jurassic Park, Dudley and Bluto's (6 times) and then headed out of the park around 12:30 (This was our last day and we needed to check out).

It's amazing how much you can do if you get there early!

I would say though if HP is your goal then you can easily be done by lunch.
Maytrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: