Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Do you own a Love Sac?

I would like to get DD12 a bean bag/lounger type chair for her room as a Christmas gift. The Love Sacs are very expensive, but they have great reviews. Every other bean bag type chair seems to last just a year or two. Do you think it is worth buying brand name?

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

I'm sorry, but that name...I'll stop there.

I've never heard of one, sorry.

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
tchrrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Belle View Post

I know! It's awful, huh! When DH first mentioned getting her one, my first comment was, "Do you really want to buy that for your daughter right before she gets old enough to start dating?!?"

http://www.lovesac.com/ is the website that has them. Apparently some of them are as large as the couch. I just want the 1 person city sac though.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
I know! It's awful, huh! When DH first mentioned getting her one, my first comment was, "Do you really want to buy that for your daughter right before she gets old enough to start dating?!?"

http://www.lovesac.com/ is the website that has them. Apparently some of them are as large as the couch. I just want the 1 person city sac though.
Wow! That's one huge love sac!

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

The couch we liked was $4000!

I don't think I would pay their prices for a child's beanbag chair since you can get decent ones for a lot less. We have a Lands End BB chair for our tween daughter. It's been great.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
ohiopugmom
Earning My Ears

good gravy - I just had to type "sac" into my email search to see which brand we got. lol

we got a cozy sac for our basement. I didn't think it was too badly priced considering I couldn't really find cheapie ones at the time. ($95 ish)

We have had it about 2 years and it is doing great - It is foam inside and bounces back pretty well The kids sit on and jump on it all the time. The only thing I am not in love with is the microfiber cover, which is thick and well made, but it picks up dog hair and dirt like no one's business!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
SLCborn
Mouseketeer

Love Sacs are awesome!!! A local theater has them in the very front of the theater for people to sit on and in a really popular release they are filled very fast!!! Shawn David Nelson is a great guy and the love sacs are so comfy!!! We have several and use them constantly!!!
SLCborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #8
robinb
DIS Veteran

I bought my 12-year old a bean bag chair from Target. It was on sale for $25. I would purchase one a Love Sac for myself if I knew I would use it, but I wouldn't buy one for a kid. $500 for a fancy bean bag chair ... ... no way.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

Love Sacs are awesome!!! Not only are they more durable than your typical beanbag, but they're a million times comfier. Seriously, it's like sitting on a cloud.

Since you have a daughter, I'm going to follow the stereotype that girls are neater and take good care of their things, so this could be a great piece to purchase now that she can continue to use well through college. Go for a neutral color, rather than something super girly (I don't know if they make pink, anyway - I've only seen neutrals).

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #10
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:

That was my first reaction, too. "Is that what they call it now?"

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #11
tchrrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
Love Sacs are awesome!!! Not only are they more durable than your typical beanbag, but they're a million times comfier. Seriously, it's like sitting on a cloud.

Since you have a daughter, I'm going to follow the stereotype that girls are neater and take good care of their things, so this could be a great piece to purchase now that she can continue to use well through college. Go for a neutral color, rather than something super girly (I don't know if they make pink, anyway - I've only seen neutrals).
That's kind of what I was thinking. They have a black 'leather' combo pack that is regular $1100, but on sale for $550 right now. It's the smaller size, so she could take it with her later if she wanted to. Plus, when she gets tired of it, I would put it in my classroom.

Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

I guess you could consider it a piece of furniture. Our "Love Sac" store went out of business yrs ago.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #13
mrsv98
Gracie's Mama
Loves those slider bags
Beware the Tails of Doom!
I couldn't believe the weeny little turkey!

DH and DD tell "story" every night before bed and DH wanted something comfy to sit on and DD wanted something to crawl into. We bought a Love Sac (Its not a damn beanbag! lol, their motto) and it is wonderful. It has lasted years and is in the same condition as the day we bought it. I love that the cover comes off and 15 secs of fluffing and it is as plump as ever.

Yes, it is expensive but it lasts forever and it very well made so a good value for us.
mrsv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #14
OceanAnnie
I guess I have a thing against maroon food
If they are well behaved I'm okay

Quote:

The name just sounds gross. Ick. If I liked it I'd buy one, but I would just call it "thing".

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

"Some lived careful lives and some lived careless lives, and everything that happened could be explained by the differences between them." -- Anne Tyler

"When you are a hammer, everything is a nail." --- Unknown

OceanAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
2Kds2K9
DIS Veteran

I have had two for the last 5 years and am so sorry I didn't buy them earlier. I can't tell you how many bean bag chairs we went through before we found these. Yes, they are expensive, but worth the investment.

We have the City Sacs and I think they are the perfect size for everyone. I would not get the gamer chair, as I think it's too small.

Make the investment!
2Kds2K9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: