Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #46
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Mizzuno is a great brand of running/walking shoes. They are very lightweight and breathe well. Best part, they come in wide! Try Nordstroms or Zappos.com. Full price, they're around $100 but you can usually find a style online on sale.

Will never wear another sneaker besides Mizzuno
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #47
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

If you are looking for running/walking shoes your best bet is to go to a store that specializes in running shoes and have your feet measured/shoes fit. I buy work shoes/heels from shoebuy, etc but for walking shoes, I have found that going the running store route is so much better than easy spirit, crocs, etc. I went that route for years and cannot believe the difference once I went to a running store and got some expert help.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #48
AmberHeartsDisney
DIS Veteran

Get some crocs, some style fit wide feet.
March/April 2007- Offsite~11/29/09-12/07/09-Polynesian (For free! I won a trip)~11/29-12/07/10-Polynesian~5/12-5/17/11 Polynesian~9/16-9/19/11 All Star Music~11/13-11/17/11 Animal Kingdom Lodge Club level - Honeymoon ~11/17-11/20/12 Disney Dream Cruise~11/2-11/9 2013 BLT/AKC (We finally bought a DVC!!!09/2013)~5/5-5/11 GFV~12/6-12/13 GFV

Our Disney Travel Blog
AmberHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

I wear a 10.5 wide and I cannot for the life of me find shoes that fit.

In high school I used to wear a 9 regular and I LOVED buying shoes!! Of course time and life happen and having my daughter, who I love with all my life but pregnancy left me with wide and half a size larger feet - ouchie!!

I have been trying, literally for 3 years, to find a pair of comfy flats with no luck. My old New Balance sneakers have worn out and they are hurting my feet but they are the last pair of shoes that actually fit me. I have three new pairs of sneakers - New Balance, Sketchers, and some other brand that escapes me, and I just can't break them in for some reason.

I have tried cheap shoes and really expensive shoes. I have Crocs - my old Crocs fit but are totally worn out and for whatever reason the new Crocs won't break in. I have tried Clarks and Merrils and Keens.

In the summer I wear flip flops. I have one pair of Clarks sandals that are comfy but they are breaking apart now. Of course, neither of those are good for long days of walking. Nothing I have is good for long days of walking and my feet and back hurt after not very long because of my shoes.

I am so frustrated. I don't have the money to keep buying expensive shoes and have them not work out. And like many of you have said, it's not like we can go to the store and try on lots of shoes! I don't have $500 to buy 5 pairs of shoes to try on (that was what I used to do).

Thanks for listening to my shoe vent. Winter is coming and I can't get away with my flip flops forever, soon it will be cold and snowing!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #50
DianaLeslie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Ooh - I forgot these. My whole family has them DUH! Shoebuy ran a private sale and I got them for around $20 each, I have the slide version in lilac, DD has yellow and sky blue, DS has black all in the travel walker. DH has another style but loves them for every day. The mesh is SO nice and cool and the shoes are incredibly light. They squish in a suitcase nicely.
Sigh, I have the Travel Walker in Lime, Travel Walker Slide in Navy (for work), the Travel Walker Suede in Navy (for work), Bilite, Suzie, ZigZag, Opal, and a Scamper.

I think they should give me a frequent buyer discount.

But by far the best shoe company I've ever bought from.

Straight out of the box, no breaking in period and consistent fit.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #51
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
I wear a 10.5 wide and I cannot for the life of me find shoes that fit. ...
Look on line. Try Amazon. Try Zappos. Try Shoebuy.com. Try Shoes.com. Just google shoes.

I can't remember the last time I bought shoes in the store. It has to be ten years or more.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #52
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
(wasnt sure where to put this post) ok kids, we leave on the 19th of October and Ive been searching for shoes for months..am freaking out! I have some decent clarks sneakers but reeeally dont want to wear black sneakers and socks with capris/in the heat etc. any ideas? all NY stores Ive tried are out or do nto carry wides. NOBODY EVER DOES (whats wiht that? my kids are both wide too and we have such a hard time) Id prefer some type of sandal, and if it can be less $ the better, though I know thats a tall order. I have a pair of W hush puppies but they are iffy to wear all day. I literally own nothing else right now unless I want to wear heels lol.

I really hope someone has a suggestion...or mama will be in major foot pain
New Balance 411s are available in extra wide sizes -- check JC Penny's for them, or search online...

Last edited by larryz; 10-06-2012 at 12:38 PM.
larryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #53
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

I'm also a New Balance fan. Sure, they can be pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #54
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the wide shoe ideas, I will have to look unto some of these for our trip.

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
The Fox Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #55
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.

7 1/2 EE

I buy New Balance sneakers & Crocs (Beaches or Classic). Regular sized person - just have had wide feet since I was a child.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #56
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Look on line. Try Amazon. Try Zappos. Try Shoebuy.com. Try Shoes.com. Just google shoes.

I can't remember the last time I bought shoes in the store. It has to be ten years or more.
I do! I've been buying from Zappos, shoes.com and shoebuy for years and have recently started with Amazon.

I'm just frustrated with buying shoes online and having to send them back over and over. I don't know why I can't find the right shoes to fit. I have even tried just bumping up to 11's but then I seem to trip in them? I wish I had money to just get custom shoes so I could end this annoyance. And getting a little nervous because the shoes I have are all really wearing out and starting to hurt.

But thank you for the suggestions. I guess I'm just venting. I'm also checking out all the shoes that people are suggesting here and all the brands that I've never heard of before. I may try to find an Ecco store and see if those might work? Sometimes just trying a different fit of shoe can help.
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #57
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

On Keens try the Venice h2s they are wider than the Newport sandal. I have a wide foot and I find these very comfortable. For a shoe I either go Born(TJ maxx) clarks unstructured line or easy spirit. Easy spirit is hit or miss on style, some years great and cute, other just old lady styles. This year I couldn't find any I liked.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #58
sjv919
Mouseketeer

I have size 10 flat wide feet and I always wear my Asics to Disney and have never had a problem.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #59
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Go to a proper running store, one that sells New Balance or Brooks and see what they have in a walking/running shoe there from New Balance or Brooks (they have numerous widths of varying price levels) or another brand that fits your needs. A proper shop specializing in running footwear (not a generic big box) will properly fit you and suggest what to try on that works with not only your width but will also determine if you pronate or supinate too.

A lot of Keens also have a wider last as an option but as Keen grows as a company they are coming out with more footwear that is more akin to a woman's foot and so you are finding narrower shoes now.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #60
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Wide Feet & Plantar Fascitis

I have wide feet and a bad case of Plantar Faschitis (sp?) and found my own little piece of heaven in Teva Toachi 2 sandals.

I have worn them all around Disney for two trips now and just love them. I skip sneakers now because even my New Balance shoes don't compare to the comfort of these things!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ms_ohs_product
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: