Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

I also have very wide feet, and so do DS and DD. We typically not only have to wear wide width, we also have to get wide-width shoes that are a size or two too long to accommodate our widths.

I have had good luck with New Balance and Skechers. Crocs fit but make my feet hurt. I measure at about a 7.5 or 8 in women's, and usually buy about a 9 Wide - but I have also found that I can usually wear a men's size 8, sometimes regular width if they are cut large enough. If I find shoes that don't look too masculine I sometimes buy those.

The most comfortable (and hideous) shoes I own are Vibram Five Finger shoes . I haven't worked up the nerve to wear them out much in public though. They are weird-looking.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

My DD has had luck finding wides at Payless.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #18
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

I really like shoebuy.com, they carry a lot of WW shoes. My favorites are Grasshoppers, they are very comfortable and have nicely padded insoles. I wear them at WDW without socks and am always comfortable. My other shoes are Crocs, I prefer to wear socks. With wide feet, the Beach or Classic would be best. If they are a little snug in the instep, just heat the area with a hair dryer and it will soften. Then put your foot in and it will stretch! Just don't put them into the dryer and then put them on your feet. They will flatten and stretch too much!

When are we going back? Not sure, hate the DAS, FP+ and the rooms keep getting more and more expensive.

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #19
Montegut
Mouseketeer

Academy Sports

Going through this myself, and we're heading to Disney this weekend. Got a pair of men's Sketchers wide and they are very comfy, tennis shoes. Lucked out and found some clearance Thom McCann sandals at KMart to wear with nicer outfits for ADRs. Wearing shoes all week around house to break them in while I pack!
Montegut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #20
ogreenlee
i surely didn't want to have to use the gorillapod
I'd tell my husband to bite it, but that's just me

I have wide feet, too. I bought Merrell sandals and walked all over Europe. Got them at DSW. I also buy men's flip-flops. Croc flip-flops are awesome. I try not to wear the regular ones, but I did the last time I went to Disney, but it was winter, and I wore them with socks. They didn't have the little holes but were solid.
ogreenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #21
Tinkerbell2B
Mouseketeer

I have to vote for FitFlops! I love them. I have a wide foot and a bone spur that has grown into my achilles tendon, so I cannot wear shoes with backs for an extended amount of time without pain afterwards. Fit Flops are supportive and have a thicker sole. I love them!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #22
leeliani
Mouseketeer

I have wide feet too. My keens are almost too tight on me. I had to go up a size to get them to fit the width of my foot, and they kind of look funny on me. This trip I decided to take a chance and try something different. I got some Teva Zirra sandals and I love them. They are more comfortable than my keens, they are fully adjustable, and pretty cute. They dry really fast too. I got mine on eBay, but you can get them at Amazon, and Zappos too.
leeliani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #23
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Nike do Wide and Extra Wide - here are two links showing each at Famous Footwear ... hope they help!

Nike Wide Fit @ Famous Footwear

Nike Extra Wide Fit @ Famous Footwear
WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #24
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

The boys had wide feet and high insteps, so nothing but Stride Rite as children. Now the whole family wears New Balance. I got two pairs of 846s about two weeks before my last trip to WDW. I've gotten more of the same since, andIi still call them the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Get fitted at a New Balance store wearing good socks. They sell good socks if you need some.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #25
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

I'll swear by NurseMates. I own a pair in black and 2 pairs in white. And they make them for my extra wide feet too. They are made to be comfort when you're on your feet a lot.

I use Shoeline.com Free shipping and returns. Always had great service with them so I never really looked anywhere else. They also email me special offers.

I've never tried zappos before but you could compare prices on both sites.
CraftyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #26
scorpad99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
(wasnt sure where to put this post) ok kids, we leave on the 19th of October and Ive been searching for shoes for months..am freaking out! I have some decent clarks sneakers but reeeally dont want to wear black sneakers and socks with capris/in the heat etc. any ideas? all NY stores Ive tried are out or do nto carry wides. NOBODY EVER DOES (whats wiht that? my kids are both wide too and we have such a hard time) Id prefer some type of sandal, and if it can be less $ the better, though I know thats a tall order. I have a pair of W hush puppies but they are iffy to wear all day. I literally own nothing else right now unless I want to wear heels lol.

I really hope someone has a suggestion...or mama will be in major foot pain
easy spirit makes EEE wide, and they are so comfortable!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #27
saturdaygirl
Mouseketeer

i am having this exact same problem!! i leave on the 21st and i have flat, wide, AND huge feet. i can never find any shoes. it's quite depressing. i am freaking out about what kind of shoes to wear because we are pretty much going to be in the parks from open to close. but i want something stylish lol like flats
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #28
Trollingforthimbles
Mouseketeer

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/74833...y-jane-women-s

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63392...ort-mary-janes

I like L.L. Bean and they always come in "wide" too..
Trollingforthimbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #29
DianaLeslie
Mouseketeer

Zappos, like others said.

Fantastic shipping, easy returns.

I've had to send back shoes that were too narrow and had no problems with them shipping out the wider pair pretty quick.

And I love Propets.

http://www.zappos.com/propet-travel-walker-ii-red

Their wide width is perfect for me, very wide toe box. The shoes are comfortable, I'm almost afraid to admit they are currently the only brand I'm wearing. The inserts are machine washable, if the whole shoe isn't. And they wash just fine.

The only down side is that the mesh sneakers (Travel Walkers) aren't great on wet days. The solid sneakers are fine, but I had the mesh ones first and stepping in wet wasn't fun on a cool day.

I haven't tried the sandals yet but since I've had great luck with all the other shoes from them I expect they would be great too.

I should also add I've had a planter facisitis flare up a few years ago and considerable pain in one ankle from multiple breaks as a kid. I had a knack for that. My Travel Walkers went to Disney with me last trip and definitely kept me going way longer than other heftier shoes would have.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #30
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Crocs! Great support and comfy for all day touring.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: