Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
LiamandMaeve
Mouseketeer
 
LiamandMaeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Upper Township, NJ
Posts: 150

Star Tours Question

Hi all,

We last visited DL during the summer of 2011. At that time Star Tours was the big thing and lines were crazy long, it frequently was off-line, and fast passes were gone quickly. Sounds like RSR now! Is Star Tours still very popular? We're not a roller coaster family, so this is one of our priorities. Are FP for this lasting throughout the day or are they a get them right away thing? How are stand-by lines for this throughout the day? Would love to know so I can plan my FP strategy for the day. Thanks!
__________________
~Christine


11/2010 WDW All Stars Music
07/2011 DLR HoJos
08/2011 WDW All Stars Music
11/2011 WDW Coronado Springs
11/2012 DLR Tropicana
08/2013 US/IoA Royal Pacific Resort
LiamandMaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
interstate70s
DIS Veteran
 
interstate70s's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wilds of Western Washington
Posts: 502

It's easy to get FPs for Star Tours now. No different then any other FP ride. Standby line is short in the mornings too. We were there last week.
interstate70s is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
SA mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 697

We were there the last week of June and there was little wait, even later in the day. We never even used a fastpass. May the force be with you!
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran
 
sonnyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 5,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA mom View Post
We were there the last week of June and there was little wait, even later in the day. We never even used a fastpass. May the force be with you!
I was there last week too... Friday at 11:00 AM.. and the standby line was only 15 minutes and plenty of Fastpasses.

I know you said that you're not a roller coaster family but if you haven't ridden Star Tours before, do keep in mind that it can still be a bumpy ride! I have a bruise on my arm from hitting the arm rest during one of the jolts. It's certainly nothing to turn you off from riding but it's no Fantasyland dark ride
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #5
sweethannah
Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!
 
sweethannah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pitt Meadows BC
Posts: 539

We just came back and must have rode Star Tours 10 times over the course of our stay. Late Sunday night DH and I had some solo time at the Park and rode Star Tours 4 times back to back with little more than 10-15 minutes wait between each trip. We had the second to last ride of the night and stayed in our seats for the actual last ride as nobody was really coming on at that point. It was awesome.... I was the rebel spy 3 times in a row much to DH disgust

We would always grab a FP for the ride in the AM, ride then us the FP later in the day.

We rode it 3 times in a row with DD on the MHP with absolutely no wait, it was great!
__________________



May 14 - May 21 2014
Staying at the Howard Johnson
sweethannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
LiamandMaeve
Mouseketeer
 
LiamandMaeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Upper Township, NJ
Posts: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyjane

I was there last week too... Friday at 11:00 AM.. and the standby line was only 15 minutes and plenty of Fastpasses.

I know you said that you're not a roller coaster family but if you haven't ridden Star Tours before, do keep in mind that it can still be a bumpy ride! I have a bruise on my arm from hitting the arm rest during one of the jolts. It's certainly nothing to turn you off from riding but it's no Fantasyland dark ride
Between DL and WDW, we've ridden it over 20 times lol. 7 times in a row at WDW last August.. I think it is more of a heights issue for us on roller coasters or just loving Star Wars too much!! Thanks though
__________________
~Christine


11/2010 WDW All Stars Music
07/2011 DLR HoJos
08/2011 WDW All Stars Music
11/2011 WDW Coronado Springs
11/2012 DLR Tropicana
08/2013 US/IoA Royal Pacific Resort
LiamandMaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
LiamandMaeve
Mouseketeer
 
LiamandMaeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Upper Township, NJ
Posts: 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethannah
We just came back and must have rode Star Tours 10 times over the course of our stay. Late Sunday night DH and I had some solo time at the Park and rode Star Tours 4 times back to back with little more than 10-15 minutes wait between each trip. We had the second to last ride of the night and stayed in our seats for the actual last ride as nobody was really coming on at that point. It was awesome.... I was the rebel spy 3 times in a row much to DH disgust

We would always grab a FP for the ride in the AM, ride then us the FP later in the day.

We rode it 3 times in a row with DD on the MHP with absolutely no wait, it was great!
We've never been the spy. I hope we have a little of your luck this trip! Looking forward to many Star Tours rides! Wooohooo!
__________________
~Christine


11/2010 WDW All Stars Music
07/2011 DLR HoJos
08/2011 WDW All Stars Music
11/2011 WDW Coronado Springs
11/2012 DLR Tropicana
08/2013 US/IoA Royal Pacific Resort
LiamandMaeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.