Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
wundermommy76
Mouseketeer

Looking for the right resort for 2 adults....

Hey there! Just got home on saturday from a wonderful week at Disney and we are already discussing when to go back! However, my husband really wants to spend our 10 year wedding anniversary next year in Disney with it being just the two of us. While I know I would feel tremendous guilt not bringing the kids, I really want to go with just the two of us as well. We absolutely love Disney and it would just be perfect! Esp since we never had a honeymoon - could not afford it at the time. SO....with all that said, we were discussing where we would stay. We did Fort Wilderness last year and POP Century this year. My mother-in-law came with us this year, so it was very nice to leave the kids with her in the room after a long day at the parks and walk down to Petals Bar to relax together for a little. But the bar closed at midnight. Where is a nice place to stay for adults? Obviously we don't care if kids are around, but POP is too family for what we are looking for.....which is a more grown up Disney experience. Thanks in advance!!!!!!!

2011-FW 2012-POP 2013-POFQ 2014-POP again!
wundermommy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
theduhaimes
Mouseketeer

My husband and I spent at few days last year at WDW for our 10th Anniversary with no kids. We stayed at POR in one of the mansion buildings (regular room -- not princess). It was very romantic and we loved it! Plus we were able to go in the fall and got free dining which was an extra bonus.
We have taken our 4 kids to WDW many times but it was a different and fantastic experience without the kids (once I got past the guilt of leaving the kids at home). We would definitely receommend it to other parents who have never experienced Disney without kids!
theduhaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Don't know your budget, but in my opinion Poly and WL, have the most potential for romantic interludes. Moderate wise I'd go POFQ or POR.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Priskillet
Mouseketeer

Hello! I just celebrated my bday in May at Disney-kids at home. We all deserve a little time

Now personally I would stay Beach Club, BW or dolphin/Swan. It's on boardwalk and Jellyrolls there, dolphin has great bars/restaurant. Lots of fun Adult places to go! Of course no problem with children being around, just places that are open late and you can enjoy with just you and spouse!

October 2012 Dolphin Hotel
May 2012. Dolphin Hotel
July 2011 Beach Club CL
June 2010 Beach Club
March 2009 Coronado Springs
May 2007 Swan Hotel
Several trips before offsite!
Priskillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

We did our honeymoon at BW, loved it! Stayed their for 10 year anniversary, too, BUT it was SWW with DS & DSis......less romantic that time! LOL!!!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

POFQ... Love the boat ride to DTD ... and it is a small quiet resort..

If you could do a Deluxe.. I would pick yacht club... Although I would just keep thinking how much the kids would love the pool.

POFQ...Spend the extra money on some nice dining...
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Tricia's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

SSR is nice - you have the spa, the golf course, nice dining and just a short walk to DTD. You could get a studio - one queen bed with a sofa (sleeper sofa). Also a kitchenette. But a one bedroom would be heavenly - king sized bed, separate bedroom, jacuzzi tub, full kitchen.

If you would consider purchasing a reservation from a DVC member (renting points) you could save a little.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Singinglizzie
DIS Veteran

I think it depends largely on your budget.

If it were me.. and on a "moderate" budget I would consider CSR. They have a great bar, plus queen size beds. The resort has a more deluxe feel to it, IMHO.

on a deluxe budget... I would go with Animal Kingdom lodge, since I just love staying there. They also have a nice lounge/bar. You can also rent DVC points, which could save you some $$. For a splurge I would go with the concierge if I could afford it.

or I would go with any of the resorts on the monorail, including GF, Contemporary or the Poly.

If you plan to spend more time at Epcot, then one of the boardwalk locations could work well too.

Really you could have a great anniversary at many of the deluxe properties.

If you really wanted to splurge, I would look into the platinum package that includes dinning (even Victoria and Alberts) Cirque du Soleil tickets, tours etc. It is expensive, but it would make your anniversary memorable!

For a romantic dinner, I recommend Narcooses! Have fun planning and Happy Anniversary
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
ForAandA
Tiggerlicious

If you have the means I would go with club level at the POLY or WL. It has always been a dream to go club level, and a 10 year anniversary sounds like the perfect reason.

Congrats!

ForAandA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #10
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

When do you plan on going? If it's while F/W is going on I'd stay at the YC so you get a balcony which is nice to relax on. If you want something more relaxing maybe AKL or WL. If deluxe is out of your budget I'd go with CSR or POR

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
KatMark
DIS Veteran

For a deluxe, if in the budget, I would go with the Poly or the AKL (Savannah view). If deluxe is not in the budget, I would definitely pick Coronado (DH and I have both celebrated our 50th birthdays there, our 25th wedding anniversary and will be back there this December as a surprise 60th birthday trip for my DH).
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #12
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForAandA View Post
If you have the means I would go with club level at the POLY or WL.
This is my suggestion as well. We haven't stayed Poly CL yet (we are trying it next summer), but we love everything about the Poly as it's our favorite resort. The tropical grounds are beautiful, it's romantic walking around at night under the lit tiki torches, and it's great relaxing in a hammock on the beach watching the fireworks .

WL CL is also a great choice if the Poly isn't within your budget as the WL is quite a bit cheaper, but is a beautiful resort and would be a great place for an anniversary trip . The lodge is beautiful at night and it's relaxing taking the boat to MK.

Good luck deciding and happy planning .
Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
Phelia325
Earning My Ears

For an adult only stay, I would recommend the Boardwalk if you would enjoy the lively atmosphere. The Dance Hall is super fun for adults and being close to Epcot is great for drinking and dining.

However, if you want romance, I would do Wilderness Lodge. It feels very secluded there - make you want to curl up in front of the fireplace.
Phelia325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Adults only - definitely Boardwalk is the best. Not only do you have Jellyrolls right there but it's a short walk to the Swan/Dolphin resorts where there are great bars and some restaurants that don't cater to the Disney family dynamic.

For romance, solitude, etc I would pick OKW 1 bedroom. King size bed, jacuzzi tub and a gorgeous balcony with beautiful scenery.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #15
cmadara
Mouseketeer

Romance

Definately the Poly! Very romantic with the tiki torches, music playing and hammocks on the beach to watch the fireworks.
Wherever you go, have a wonderful time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: