Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
momto3boys+aprincess
2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Out on the praire
Posts: 127

Need Help with a hotel for 1 night fam of 7

Hi All, We will be arriving in orlando around 9pm the night before we check in for our week of free dining at POP. Can anyone recommend a good, clean, reasonable hotel for the night. We will be getting up early to check in at POP and head straight to a park. To stay on property that night (thanksgiving night) will be $300 for 2 rooms. I have a hard time paying that since we will be arriving so late. It is also the day before free dining starts, so it would have to be a separate ressie .Thanks so much!
Lisa
momto3boys+aprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
myneverland
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Comstock Park, Michigan
Posts: 114

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Lake Buena Vista before our free dining check in for two nights. Get a room with 2 queen beds. They are all suites, so it will have a pull out couch in the separate sitting area too. That's at least 6 spaces. Maybe more if you have little ones. maybe someone on the floor if you need to? Great clean rooms with comfy beds and fabulous pillows. Free hot breakfast in the morning, including Mickey waffles. clean great pool with zero entry and a mushroom sprinkler and a hot tub. With AAA discount it Was $89 plus tax, end price was $100.48 per night. I thought it was a steal. We ate breakfast, checked into disney around 8:30 am and were off to the park.
myneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
momto3boys+aprincess
2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Out on the praire
Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by myneverland View Post
We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Lake Buena Vista before our free dining check in for two nights. Get a room with 2 queen beds. They are all suites, so it will have a pull out couch in the separate sitting area too. That's at least 6 spaces. Maybe more if you have little ones. maybe someone on the floor if you need to? Great clean rooms with comfy beds and fabulous pillows. Free hot breakfast in the morning, including Mickey waffles. clean great pool with zero entry and a mushroom sprinkler and a hot tub. With AAA discount it Was $89 plus tax, end price was $100.48 per night. I thought it was a steal. We ate breakfast, checked into disney around 8:30 am and were off to the park.
Thanks so much. That sounds like a lot better than $300 for that night. I just need somewhere clean to lay my tired head! We will be driving for 2 days to get there. Again thanks for replying.
momto3boys+aprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)
 
blessedby3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Virginia
Posts: 7,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3boys+aprincess View Post
Hi All, We will be arriving in orlando around 9pm the night before we check in for our week of free dining at POP. Can anyone recommend a good, clean, reasonable hotel for the night. We will be getting up early to check in at POP and head straight to a park. To stay on property that night (thanksgiving night) will be $300 for 2 rooms. I have a hard time paying that since we will be arriving so late. It is also the day before free dining starts, so it would have to be a separate ressie .Thanks so much!
Lisa
I just booked a room at Comfort Suites Maingate East earlier today for one night before we check into Bonnet Creek. We are also going to be arriving very late and I booked this room for $83 including taxes wheras the extra night at Bonnet Creek was going to be $160. It has 2 beds plus a sleeper and a full breakfast. It has gotten good reviews from lots of Disers.

Here is a link
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-k...ult=1&nchild=0
__________________
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
momto3boys+aprincess
2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Out on the praire
Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I just booked a room at Comfort Suites Maingate East earlier today for one night before we check into Bonnet Creek. We are also going to be arriving very late and I booked this room for $83 including taxes wheras the extra night at Bonnet Creek was going to be $160. It has 2 beds plus a sleeper and a full breakfast. It has gotten good reviews from lots of Disers.

Here is a link
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-k...ult=1&nchild=0
Thanks so much I will check it out!!!
momto3boys+aprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran
 
haPevraftr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 687

Check out Buena Vista Suites or Caribe Royale. Great price and great location. They come highly recommended.
__________________
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
momto3boys+aprincess
2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Out on the praire
Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
Check out Buena Vista Suites or Caribe Royale. Great price and great location. They come highly recommended.
Thanks I will, seems lots of places are charging more as it is Thanksgiving night.
momto3boys+aprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #8
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by myneverland View Post
We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Lake Buena Vista before our free dining check in for two nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
I just booked a room at Comfort Suites Maingate East earlier today for one night before we check into Bonnet Creek.
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-k...ult=1&nchild=0
Excellent I am going to check these out. We are thinking of staying off site for our Uni days and finding rooms for 6 is hard!
Thanks!
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
4kids4karen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 681

Try Westgate Lakes or Floridays.
4kids4karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran
 
2girlsmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa area
Posts: 4,464

We are staying at Quality Suites Parc Royale this weekend, got a 2 bedroom suite, with 1 king in the master, 2 doubles in the 2nd bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room for $80 per night, includes free breakfast and manager's reception drinks in the evening. The suite says it will sleep up to 8 people (we are getting for 4, but my girls have reached the stage where they hate to sleep together, plus 2 bathrooms means easier for everyone to get ready for the day).
__________________
Kristi
me,dh Rick,Meag & Catie

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
We are staying at Quality Suites Parc Royale this weekend, got a 2 bedroom suite, with 1 king in the master, 2 doubles in the 2nd bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room for $80 per night, includes free breakfast and manager's reception drinks in the evening. The suite says it will sleep up to 8 people (we are getting for 4, but my girls have reached the stage where they hate to sleep together, plus 2 bathrooms means easier for everyone to get ready for the day).
Wow that is a really great rate. Is it from a third party site or direct?
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
momto3boys+aprincess
2014 Family Time Resolutions Sweepstake Winner!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Out on the praire
Posts: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
We are staying at Quality Suites Parc Royale this weekend, got a 2 bedroom suite, with 1 king in the master, 2 doubles in the 2nd bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room for $80 per night, includes free breakfast and manager's reception drinks in the evening. The suite says it will sleep up to 8 people (we are getting for 4, but my girls have reached the stage where they hate to sleep together, plus 2 bathrooms means easier for everyone to get ready for the day).
Sounds great, let us know how it is when you get back!!!
Lisa
momto3boys+aprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
karenlynn416
Mouseketeer
 
karenlynn416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tampa area in Florida
Posts: 201

Just stayed at the La Quinta on international drive, just as a spot to sleep after going to Halloween Horror Nights. We got what was classified as a "king delux" room, it was 66 after taxes and charges etc. King size bed, fridge and microwave, SUPER clean, comfy, BIG rooms. I think the 2 queen rooms are a little less expensive.

edit: forgot to add, free breakfast (we didn't wake up early enough for it so i can't say if it was good or a lot of choices) and check out isn't until noon.
__________________
Cinderella is proof that a single pair of shoes can change a girl's life forever.
DBF-Thomas(29)Me-Karen(28) Niece- Katherine(5) Nephew-Sean(7mo)
karenlynn416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.