Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #61
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
Down to 308 lbs with 6 days to go, its going to be close! I am thinking of shaving my head and beard.
Regardless, you have made a fantastic accomplishment. Like I mentioned before, low sodium...it really does help, last minute! Good luck!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #62
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
Regardless, you have made a fantastic accomplishment. Like I mentioned before, low sodium...it really does help, last minute! Good luck!
Thank you.

I am low everything at the moment, but I will keep a special eye on the sodium as well these last few days.

I hope there is plenty of jambo juice handy for me to rehydrate with after weigh-in.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #63
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort

Thank you.

I am low everything at the moment, but I will keep a special eye on the sodium as well these last few days.

I hope there is plenty of jambo juice handy for me to rehydrate with after weigh-in.
Yikes! You definitely don't want to be fatigued and dehydrated for the trek.

But know that we're all rooting for you. Good luck. And let us know how it goes.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #64
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Yikes! You definitely don't want to be fatigued and dehydrated for the trek.

But know that we're all rooting for you. Good luck. And let us know how it goes.
Not worried about fatigue, I've walked over 400 miles in the last 6 months training for this thing.

But an 8 oz cup of water is 0.5 lbs, so you better believe nothing is going into the system for at least 12 hrs before weigh in. I plan to sweat out what I can the night before in the gym and/or sauna too. I should be a bit parched but hopefully not dehydrated to weakness.

I just hope they don't try to weigh me again once I start drinking, this is Florida after all, home of the recount.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #65
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not worried about fatigue, I've walked over 400 miles in the last 6 months training for this thing.

But an 8 oz cup of water is 0.5 lbs, so you better believe nothing is going into the system for at least 12 hrs before weigh in. I plan to sweat out what I can the night before in the gym and/or sauna too. I should be a bit parched but hopefully not dehydrated to weakness.

I just hope they don't try to weigh me again once I start drinking, this is Florida after all, home of the recount.
After your weigh-in, start re-hydrating...you won't be weighed again. Enjoy!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #66
gwmort
DIS Veteran

UPDATE:

I made it!

We did the trek on Monday morning. It was am EMH at AK so the park opened at 7:00 and we got to look around for a little before check-in. I was nervous about the weigh in so we checked in about 30 minutes early.

I explained the situation but the staff did not seem too concerned. They were fine with the skele-toes as closed toe shoes (pic earlier in this thread). They took my DD8 and I back early to weigh in privately. My official weigh in was 298.5 fully clothed and shoed. I did not take my own scale to Disney but I believe I can safely say that is 4-5 pounds lighter than what my scale would have weighed me that day.

That first weigh in was without the safety gear on but since it was under 300 they did not need to re-weigh me with it on and I was cleared for participation. I immediately began re-hydrating.

It was an incredibly magical experience, I highly recommend the trek.

NOTE: I should add the CM told me before weigh in if it was close the guide could carry my water bottle for me. It is possible the 310 lbs with 4-5 lbs of gear may include the metal water bottle full of water, in which case skipping it could save an emergency couple of pounds.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #67
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I know losing the weight can be tough. I've lost 95 pounds and have kept it off now for 2 years but it is a struggle.
I can't wait to go on the tour myself on 12/10.

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14

helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #68
livingthedream
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!!!

Quote:
UPDATE:

I made it!

We did the trek on Monday morning. It was am EMH at AK so the park opened at 7:00 and we got to look around for a little before check-in. I was nervous about the weigh in so we checked in about 30 minutes early.

I explained the situation but the staff did not seem too concerned. They were fine with the skele-toes as closed toe shoes (pic earlier in this thread). They took my DD8 and I back early to weigh in privately. My official weigh in was 298.5 fully clothed and shoed. I did not take my own scale to Disney but I believe I can safely say that is 4-5 pounds lighter than what my scale would have weighed me that day.

That first weigh in was without the safety gear on but since it was under 300 they did not need to re-weigh me with it on and I was cleared for participation. I immediately began re-hydrating.

NOTE: I should add the CM told me before weigh in if it was close the guide could carry my water bottle for me. It is possible the 310 lbs with 4-5 lbs of gear may include the metal water bottle full of water, in which case skipping it could save an emergency couple of pounds.
Congratulations!!

I knew you could do it! And you got to enjoy the Trek with your daughter. You must be riding on a high! You deserve it.

Your training and sacrifice have been worth it. I am so glad the Trek didn't disappoint, but achieving your goal is the best!!

Again, congrats! And keep up the good work!
livingthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #69
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Quote:
UPDATE:

I made it!
Congrats!!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #70
hawaiiangal
Earning My Ears

Congrats gwmort!
So happy to hear that.
I'm looking forward to the tour on Dec. 7th!
hawaiiangal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 PM   #71
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiangal View Post
Congrats gwmort!
So happy to hear that.
I'm looking forward to the tour on Dec. 7th!
A word to the wise: I was caught up video taping the crocs as we crossed over them on the bridge and forgot the boards are irregularly spaced at places, to the amusement of my daughter and the guides, but likely not my cardiologist, watch your step. (the video is priceless though [do-de-do-di-do-AHHHH]).
Old 11-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #72
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
UPDATE:

I made it!

Thats great news and I am very glad you enjoyed the experience

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #73
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

One time I'm soooo glad to say "Told ya so!" Woot! Woot! How awesome for you and your daughter. How proud for you to have achieved this milestone. Keep on going! Congrats!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #74
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort
UPDATE:

I made it!

Congratulations! I'm hoping to do this with my family next summer, and was reading up when I found this thread. Just wanted to say I am inspired by the effort you made to be able to do this for your daughter!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #75
MADnNOLA
DIS Veteran

How long does the Trek last? I have an ADR at Yak and Yeti one day and would like to schedule around that.

Thanks!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails." - Samuel L. Clemens

MADnNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: