Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #46
livingthedream
Mouseketeer

Small amounts of protein for every meal, veggies, and water.......you can do it!
livingthedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #47
buzzgirls&dad
DIS Veteran

I know you called about the weigh in and they told you, you were weighed with the gear but as another poster said we were weighed first and then had the gear put on. We just did the Trek on Oct. 23. It is kind of assembly line fashion, with weigh in, gear, ear pc., water bottle fill, practice bridge and then gear check, and bug spray/suntan lotion. My DD13 said it was the best thing she has ever done. She loved the bridges and DH who is afraid of heights was unsure if he could do it but he was slow and steady and we were all so proud of him!!!!

for your weight loss. It is such a hard thing to do you should be so proud of yourself!!!!!
'12 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP--Wild Africa Jungle Trek
'13 Oct-BCV/MNSSHP-lunch with an Imagineer
'14 Mar-Aulani'14Oct-BCV/MNSSHP/F&W

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney
buzzgirls&dad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #48
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgirls&dad View Post
I know you called about the weigh in and they told you, you were weighed with the gear but as another poster said we were weighed first and then had the gear put on. We just did the Trek on Oct. 23. It is kind of assembly line fashion, with weigh in, gear, ear pc., water bottle fill, practice bridge and then gear check, and bug spray/suntan lotion. My DD13 said it was the best thing she has ever done. She loved the bridges and DH who is afraid of heights was unsure if he could do it but he was slow and steady and we were all so proud of him!!!!

for your weight loss. It is such a hard thing to do you should be so proud of yourself!!!!!
Same with us on the bridge height. But when I crossed over, I was studying the boards I had to step on so intently, that I really wasn't aware I was 35 feet above the crocodiles. We have several photos of me on the CD with my head down studying the boards.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #49
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Same with us on the bridge height. But when I crossed over, I was studying the boards I had to step on so intently, that I really wasn't aware I was 35 feet above the crocodiles. We have several photos of me on the CD with my head down studying the boards.
I, on the other hand, was so busy snapping pics while I walked that I missed a board and landed hard and wrenched my arm on the rope railing. Watch where you step, and stop to take pics and look around.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #50
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSam View Post
About the scales, I'm not sure if they weight light or heavy. You can't really see the read out and the cm did not announce a weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiemeg View Post

Again, they are very discrete on the weigh-in.
I really want to do this tour, but the thought of weighing in public has me concerned - can someone describe how they make it all so discrete? Do you just hop on a scale, can't see your weight, guide says thanks go here next?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #51
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

I just called and signed up for this tour, going solo Monday the 10th at 9:30, I am really excited about doing the tour.
I forgot to ask though when I booked, where do you go to meet for the tour ?

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14

helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #52
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

here is a review we posted on jambo Everyone

http://www.jamboeveryone.com/Blog/En...the_money.html

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #53
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenk
I just called and signed up for this tour, going solo Monday the 10th at 9:30, I am really excited about doing the tour.
I forgot to ask though when I booked, where do you go to meet for the tour ?
At the Dawi Bar by Tusker House. There's a check-in area at the back of the bar.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #54
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I really want to do this tour, but the thought of weighing in public has me concerned - can someone describe how they make it all so discrete? Do you just hop on a scale, can't see your weight, guide says thanks go here next?
You walk up, one by one, to get weighed. The scale is away from the main group, so noone else (besides the CM) can see you weight. I recall it being private. Everyone is excited about getting ready for the tour, the last thing on people's minds are how much anyone else weighs.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #55
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post
You walk up, one by one, to get weighed. The scale is away from the main group, so noone else (besides the CM) can see you weight. I recall it being private. Everyone is excited about getting ready for the tour, the last thing on people's minds are how much anyone else weighs.
Yep, you step on the scale, but the results are on a small pad at the CM's eye level facing away from you. It's a one at a time thing. No one else will be able to see the results. Kind of like the scale at Fed Ex or the Post Office or the airport. Only the clerk sees the results.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #56
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Honestly I don't even remember the weighing. I'm sure we did it. It just doesn't stand out so it couldn't have been a huge deal.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #57
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

Here's a recent review of WAK (disclaimer: written by me):
http://www.jamboeveryone.com/Blog/En...the_money.html

Lots of other threads here in the Disboards too.

Such a great experience, though of course not inexpensive.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #58
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzgirls&dad View Post

My current understanding is they weigh you physically without the gear, but to pass your total weight with the gear MUST be below 310 lbs. The CM said the guideline is actually 300 lbs, but if you are over that they have a little bit of wiggle room as long as with the gear you are under 310.

We talked about it a little bit and he said the harnesses were 4-5 lbs, and I confirmed then that as long as I weighed in clothed and shoed at 305 lbs or less I should be ok, he agreed.

Should note that linked review says the weight limit is 350 lbs, that is not correct and misinformation like that has made it difficult to find out the real rules.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #59
lelei
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Yep, you step on the scale, but the results are on a small pad at the CM's eye level facing away from you. It's a one at a time thing. No one else will be able to see the results. Kind of like the scale at Fed Ex or the Post Office or the airport. Only the clerk sees the results.
This is the way I remember it too. I was a bit nervous, but I honestly think their scale runs light. They were very discrete and did not make a fuss about anything. Also, if you can, dress in lightweight clothes. That can make a surprising difference sometimes. They did weigh us with the gear already on too.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #60
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Down to 308 lbs with 6 days to go, its going to be close!

I am thinking of shaving my head and beard.
gwmort is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: