Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the confirmation, everyone! I've seen R&C recommended many times on this forum and others, but just wanted to be sure I had the information correct and nothing had changed recently or something like that. Hopefully when I call back I will get a CM who understands what I'm trying to do
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #17
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping
Thanks for the confirmation, everyone! I've seen R&C recommended many times on this forum and others, but just wanted to be sure I had the information correct and nothing had changed recently or something like that. Hopefully when I call back I will get a CM who understands what I'm trying to do
You can't make that request when booking. Just when you show up.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You can't make that request when booking. Just when you show up.
Oh, I know. But it's not a big deal to me if we can't get a patio table since they have a reserved area for those dining in the restaurant. What I was so confused about was the CM's statement that the patio area would be overcrowded and our view would be blocked. He kept insisting that dining at R&C wouldn't give us a good view, and while I know that there are only a few tables that are actually on the lagoon, my understanding is that they do let you go outside or stand in a better place to watch.
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #19
beroh2253
Love Dixie Landings(POR)

The one out of 4 times we did get the Patio it was the lower patio and tables with umbrellas, the way we lucked out was it was raining earlier and when it rains they don't use those tables cause they are not under roof. They had just opened that area because the rain had stopped and they asked us if we wanted one of those tables. We took it and best spot ever, your table a wall then the lake nobody to look around.
The patio that they take you to is roped off just for people inside the R & C and that could get a little crowed, and maybe harder to see if you are short and not close to the wall. Maybe that's what the CM taking ADRs ment?
See if you can request when you get there a table with an unmbrella at the lower patio.

1978 July DTD Travelodge Our honeymoon,1995 Sept. Port Orleans, 1996 Sept. Dixie Landings (POR), 1997 Nov. Caribbean Beach, 1998 Nov. Dixie Landings (POR), 2000 June POR, 2001 June POR, 2002 June Animal Kingdom Lodge 2003 May POR 2006 Sept All Star Music (free DDP), 2007 Sept. POP (free DDP), 2008 June POP (DS grad from PENN), 2008 Sept. POP (free DDP), 2009 Oct. POP (free DDP pin), 2010 Oct. POR Riverside (Dixie), 2011 June POP & Aug POP, 2012 Oct. POP, 2013 New Zealand Trip no Disney this year, 2014 May, July , Oct & Dec
beroh2253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #20
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I've never done this at R&C but I did ask for a Wishes view at Ohana. What I did, and would suggest, is getting to your ADR a little early and asking for a patio table and then letting them know you'd be willing to be sat a little late if they think something is going to open up outside soon. That gives you some wiggle room before your ADR and after so that the hostess has some flexibility to get you a patio table. If you show up at 7:15 and expect a table on the patio that is probably less likely to happen, IMO.
I don't believe they let you do that anymore. The last couple of times we told them we'd be willing to wait awhile for a patio table, we were told that they no longer allowed that and we had to take the first table that became available for our party size. We were seated inside those trips. We're about 60%-70% though, for getting a patio table, so not bad. They used to let us wait for a patio table though, which they haven't the last two times (this was last early Dec and then again the first week of Feb 2012).

Last edited by aubriee; 10-06-2012 at 01:57 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #21
nilseks
DIS Veteran

Agree with PP who said to arrive early. We arrived about 40 minutes before our ADR and *very* nicely asked for outdoor seating. We waited patiently and yes it was worth the wait--they put us on the lower patio at a table right up against the wall. Amazing view and yes we could feel the heat!

As a funny aside, Erik Estrada and his family were sitting at the table right next to us. He saw my SIL and I *quietly* arguing about whether or not it was him (I said it was, she said it wasn't) and he came over to introduce himself. He was very nice, chatted with all of us for a while, and even asked us if we wanted to take a picture.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #22
JimS4210
Counting down the days until our next vacation...

Thanks everyone for the input to my initial post. I guess my best bet is to arrive about 15 minutes early for my 7:05 ADR and request a patio table with a view of Illuminations. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Jim

JimS4210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: