Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
jenni_bird
Earning My Ears

Our ADR's..help me get excited!

We have made our ADR's for our trip at the end of February..As I look them over I am not overly excited about them..Some reassurance that we have made good choices would be great or some suggestions would be greatly appericated as well

Sunday
Breakfast 8:00am Tusker House
Dinner 6:55pm Ohana's

Monday
Dinner 6:40 pm Be our Guest

Tuesday
Breakfast 8:05 am Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Dinner 7:25 pm Rose and Crown-- hoping for a view of Illuminations, if not we will take advantage of the private viewing area for restaurant guests

Wednesday
Dinner 5:00 pm Cape May Cafe

Thursday
no ADR We are going to eat counter service in MK and book Wishes Dessert Party
jenni_bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Mmm..Ohana's! I can't offer any advice on the others, but 4 words for Ohana's.. "Be Prepared to Eat!"

Oh you will love it! Everything is delicious! Be sure to sample all of the meats and side dishes! Especially the breads, noodles, pot stickers, chicken and steak!
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
jalaine
Mouseketeer

O'hana is our entire family's FAVORITE! We book 2 dinners there every visit! The pork skewers, the noodles, the potstickers, the bread...yum! So hungry for it now

Be Our Guest should be fun if for no other reason than that it's new and the atmosphere should be great! Looks like you got a good time for it too!

Haven't done Akershus for breakfast (only dinner) but have heard great things about it as well as Cape May!

I think your ADR's look great!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
7165red
DIS Veteran

We love Ohana, never miss it. You have selected some very nice restaurants, start getting excited/
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

I think you made some great selections!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
ThePrincess&TheJohn
Mouseketeer

Can't speak to all of these, but I will echo previous posters and say Ohana is number one for me! Everything looks yummy. For CS in MK, I definitely recommend Pecos Bill burgers. Have fun!
ThePrincess&TheJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #7
memakwed
Mouseketeer

great choices

You should be psyched, you're in disney!! You've gotten an ADR to BOG, that will be an awesome new experience if nothing else. On top of that you have 2 character meals!! Enjoy your choices, it will be fun!
memakwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I've only eaten at a few TS in Disney, but most of the selections you've got are the same as what I've booked for my birthday trip next year! So ill comment on why im excited for them...since I haven't eaten at any of them.

Ohana...well, my family LOVES food. And we're all easy to please so this is probably going to be one of my favorites. I know there is a lot of negative and positive hype about this place, but im just going to go in with a good attitude and no expectations.

Be Our Guest...Im not too thrilled about the menu but since its a new restaurant, im not going to knock it yet. I'll be dining here with 13 other people, so I know if the food isn't that good...the company will be! Plus, the dining areas look spectacular!

Cape May Cafe...I love seafood. Enough said.

Wishes dessert party...im hoping I can get this for my birthday trip! I love sweets and sweets plus fireworks, you can't go wrong!

I don't do any character meals so I can't comment on them. But I do read a lot of reviews, so its safe to say the choices you've made are good ones! Have a magical time!

January 2015 PTR A Disneymoon on the Deluxe Dining Plan? Yes please!

Me: DH:
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
chicharitta
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni_bird View Post
We have made our ADR's for our trip at the end of February..As I look them over I am not overly excited about them..Some reassurance that we have made good choices would be great or some suggestions would be greatly appericated as well

Sunday
Breakfast 8:00am Tusker House
Dinner 6:55pm Ohana's

Monday
Dinner 6:40 pm Be our Guest

Tuesday
Dinner 7:25 pm Rose and Crown-- hoping for a view of Illuminations, if not we will take advantage of the private viewing area for restaurant guests

Wednesday
Dinner 5:00 pm Cape May Cafe

Thursday
Only one I can comment on right this minute is Tusker House and its a favorite. I love that there is some unusual stuff mixed in with the typical breakfast items and being a buffet you are free to try something new and your no stuck with it if you don't like. The characters were hysterical. Daisy walked up to my husband and demanded he kiss her hand which set Donald off. He starts "fighting" with my husband over her. Meanwhile I'm trying to act like I'm mad a Daisy for stealing my man but I'm laughing at the guys so hard I can't do anything. After all was said and done we took a group picture and the ducks waddled away hand in hand. We loved it and the rest of the dining room did too.

We will be eating at BOG, Ohana and R&C on our trip in the beginning of January so keep your eyes open for our trip report for my opinion on those. if I dont get that far before you get ready to leave PM me and I will gladly give you the cliff notes version.
chicharitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #10
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni_bird View Post

Sunday
Breakfast 8:00am Tusker House Tusker House is a great breakfast buffet with wonderful character interaction the last time we were there. I love buffets because everyone can find something they like - if you are at all adventurous try some of the more african dishes - last time I was there they were the best things on the buffet!
Dinner 6:55pm Ohana's I can't say enough good things about Ohanas - everything was yummy from the great appetizers to the bread pudding for dessert that was the best dessert ever! The endless supply of meat will make all the carnivores in your family happy, we liked them all but found the pork dry.

Monday
Dinner 6:40 pm Be our Guest So exciting to try BOG, when we go in January we are going to try it at lunch as a CS meal but I think dinner TS sounds good too

Tuesday
Dinner 7:25 pm Rose and Crown-- hoping for a view of Illuminations, if not we will take advantage of the private viewing area for restaurant guests I haven't eaten here but when we are going in January we are doing the exact same thing, eating there at Illuminations time hoping for a view. I didn't realize they had a private viewing area

Wednesday
Dinner 5:00 pm Cape May Cafe If you like seafood you'll love Cape May and even if you don't like seafood you'll love Cape May.

Thursday
Sounds like you have some great ressies - I always have second thoughts after I make my ressies but almost always end up loving my meals at Disney!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Sunday
Breakfast 8:00am Tusker House - GREAT choice! Amazing variety.
Dinner 6:55pm Ohana's - I didnt care for it. Slimy wings, dry noodles, salad & bread & dessert were great. Potstickers were ok. Meat was meh. Not the greatest quality of beef, kinda poor actually. Pork was gross. Chicken was good.

Monday
Dinner 6:40 pm Be our Guest -- i'd be VERY excited about this!!!!
Tuesday
Breakfast 8:05 am Akershus Royal Banquet Hall --never been
Dinner 7:25 pm Rose and Crown-- hoping for a view of Illuminations, if not we will take advantage of the private viewing area for restaurant guests --good food, great view!

Wednesday
Dinner 5:00 pm Cape May Cafe --never been for dinner.

Thursday
no ADR We are going to eat counter service in MK and book Wishes Dessert Party -- im DYING to try the wishes dessert party! Im so jealous! i saw pics of the desserts and OMG they look amazing. One word of advice, go hungry. Do not eat right before the party. Many ppl who have done the party have said this.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
cmh314
Mouseketeer

You've got some of my favorite restaurants on there. Tusker House and Akershus are the best Character meal's we've done. Yummy food at both and great character interaction. Ohana is my #1 fav. The food is delicious. I'm hoping to try BOG when we visit this spring. I say your choices are definately something to get excited about.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
rowanb73
Earning My Ears

I haven't eaten at some of these restaurants, but I'd be excited!

The first thing that stood out is that you've worked your way into private viewings for Illuminations and Wishes, which is great. Your ADR for Rose and Crown should be perfect, since you may have a little extra wait to get an outdoor table, which should mean you'll still be seated when the show starts. That sounds like a great way to cap off a day in the parks.

You've also scheduled a breakfast on your 'Ohana day, which should give you time to arrive at the Polynesian really hungry! I made the mistake of scheduling tea at the Grand Floridian on the afternoon of my first visit to 'Ohana, and the tea was great, but I was disappointed I couldn't enjoy more food at 'Ohana after a late afternoon snack. Eating a bigger meal to start the day should give you plenty of time to work up an appetite before dinner.

I didn't even notice the first time through, but also seeing that you'll get to try Be Our Guest is pretty cool, too. I'd be excited, if I were you!
rowanb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Great ADRs !! You made wonderful choices! . Keep them all.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: