Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Honeymoon Dining

I am trying to finalize my plan for ADRs for my honeymoon. The first three nights we will be on the platinum plan so we have 9 credits (any meal, even V&A, counts as 1 credit) over the first four days. V&A Chef's Table is also included if you pay the difference in price from regular dining room. After that we will be OOP using TiW. Is there anything you would recommend switching out? Cali Grill will be under refurb when we are there, I don't want to book Bistro de Paris because I am not sure how it will be after refurb, and I decided against Citricos because we are already eating multiple times at GF and want to try different resorts. We will be doing a split stay between AKL and YC.

Lunch LeCellier (1 credit Plat)
Dinner Narcoosees (1 credit Plat)

Breakfast CRT (1 credit Plat)
Dinner V&A Chef's Table (1 credit Plat w/upgrade)

Breakfast GF Cafe (1 credit Plat)
Lunch Sanaa (1 credit Plat)
Dinner Yachtsman (1 credit Plat)

Lunch Brown Derby (1 credit Plat)
Dinner V&A (1 credit Plat)

Breakfast Tusker House
Dinner BOG

Breakfast Ohana
Dinner Raglan Road

Lunch SciFi
Dinner Artist Point

Lunch Via Napoli
Dinner Bluezoo

Breakfast Kouzzina
Dinner Flying Fish

I appreciate any input. Thanks!
ChewieIsMyCoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewieIsMyCoPilot View Post
I am trying to finalize my plan for ADRs for my honeymoon. The first three nights we will be on the platinum plan so we have 9 credits (any meal, even V&A, counts as 1 credit) over the first four days. V&A Chef's Table is also included if you pay the difference in price from regular dining room. After that we will be OOP using TiW. Is there anything you would recommend switching out? Cali Grill will be under refurb when we are there, I don't want to book Bistro de Paris because I am not sure how it will be after refurb, and I decided against Citricos because we are already eating multiple times at GF and want to try different resorts. We will be doing a split stay between AKL and YC.

Lunch LeCellier (1 credit Plat)
Dinner Narcoosees (1 credit Plat)

Breakfast CRT (1 credit Plat)
Dinner V&A Chef's Table (1 credit Plat w/upgrade)

Breakfast GF Cafe (1 credit Plat)
Lunch Sanaa (1 credit Plat)
Dinner Yachtsman (1 credit Plat)

Lunch Brown Derby (1 credit Plat)
Dinner V&A (1 credit Plat)

Breakfast Tusker House
Dinner BOG

Breakfast Ohana
Dinner Raglan Road

Lunch SciFi
Dinner Artist Point

Lunch Via Napoli
Dinner Bluezoo

Breakfast Kouzzina
Dinner Flying Fish

I appreciate any input. Thanks!
Hello!! First off congratulations! You must be so excited My husband and I went on our honeymoon the first week of September and it was amazing. While I cannot comment on something you should switch out, I will comment on a few places you chose that we enjoyed. We went to Raglan Road, Via Napoli, and Sci Fi. All three places we really did love. Sci fi the food was good, nothing so extraordinary, but the scenery and the atmosphere of the place was very cool. My husband is a big movie buff, so that helped his opinion on the restaurant as well. Raglan Road by far was one of our favorite places we went to. We got a great seat right in the middle of the dining room by the stage. The band was awesome as was the dancers. It ended up we both ordered the steak, and ate every bite. Our meals were DELICIOUS. We had excellent service, and will definitely go here again. Lastly, Via Napoli was another amazing experience. Our service was great and the food was delicious. I got the chicken parm, DH got a pizza. Definitely mention you are on your honeymoon on your reservation and talk to your server about it! They came over and sang us a cute congrats song in Italian and we got an extra little dessert with a candle in it. I hope you enjoy all those places you chose! And have a fabulous honeymoon!!!!

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Congratulations!! My husband and I were also there on our honeymoon the first week of September!!

We did breakfast at CRT. We have done dinner there once, but really wanted to try it again. Breakfast was really wonderful. Our server disappeared for quite some time, but the food was great.

We enjoyed Narcoossees a lot. The food was fantastic, but the server we got was not. Nonetheless, we had a lovely experience. The lobster is a must-do!

Lunch at LeCellier was AMAZING! I say, do it!! That filet was YUM.

We had dinner at Brown Derby and we really loved it. The food was great and our service was excellent!

Dinner at V&A is an experience in itself! We payed OOP, and boy, were we blown away The food was absolutely wonderful. Our service was extremely attentive. Very romantic.

We LOVED Artist Pointe. We both had the Buffalo Strip Steak and the Berry Cobbler still makes my mouth water thinking about it. It was all amazing!!

Flying Fish was great, as well! We loved the atmosphere and the food was wonderful. A little busier, but still great. That potato-wrapped snapper was amazing!

Hope I could help!! Best of luck!

Dreamsdocometrue9112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: