Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Lizboo
DIS Veteran

Talking Just back- any questions??

We just returned for 2 wonderful weeks in Orlando this weekend.

The first week (third week of Sept) was as expected but it got way more crowded the following week (last week) and we aren't sure why.

After our many trips, we were still finding great new restaurants...two that stand out from this trip are Grand Floridian Cafe and Sanaa (which my picky husband loved).

The weather was crazy hot and humid and we had a downpour for about an hour our last three days.

And fashion trends I was unaware of before the trip- crazy neon bright sneakers, low top Chuck Taylors and capris for men.

The new app is great but wifi is iffy.

I plan on writing a detailed trip report soon with lots of pictures.

December 2012 Wilderness Lodge/September 2012CBR/September 2011 Riverside/August 2011 DLP Kyriad/
September 2010 Wilderness Lodge/August 2010 Grand Californian/December 2009 All Star Movies/
Oct 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter/Sept 2008 Port Orleans Riverside/Sept 2007 Carribean Beach Resort
May 2006 ASMovies/ASMusic/May 2000 -2005 Offsite
Lizboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizboo View Post
We just returned for 2 wonderful weeks in Orlando this weekend.

The first week (third week of Sept) was as expected but it got way more crowded the following week (last week) and we aren't sure why.

After our many trips, we were still finding great new restaurants...two that stand out from this trip are Grand Floridian Cafe and Sanaa (which my picky husband loved).

The weather was crazy hot and humid and we had a downpour for about an hour our last three days.

And fashion trends I was unaware of before the trip- crazy neon bright sneakers, low top Chuck Taylors and capris for men.

The new app is great but wifi is iffy.

I plan on writing a detailed trip report soon with lots of pictures.
I saw a guy the other day going into Walmart and I had to do a double take. He was wearing capris and my dd22 said yep, guys are going to that...I thought he looked crazy
Glad you had a great trip...and two weeks! Im jealous!! We are heading down in 17 days. Hoping the rain isnt there and neither are the crowds, but I will be happy to be in my happy place
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: